First Ever Indoor Grow

• Thread starter pavlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pavlow

pavlow

First ever indoor grow
Hey all,

Joined today but have been browsing for a while and thought id post a pic of my first grow as it was looking a few days ago. Front plant is dr krippling incredible bulk, back left is dinafem cheese and back right is pyramid seeds auto pyramid. 160x80 tent, 400 watt mh/hps. I flipped the lights from 18/6 to 12/12 at around 5 1/2 weeks from memory and this pic is roughly 10 weeks a little more maybe. The auto pyramid started flowering at around 3 1/2 weeks. I know it's not looking perfect but am pretty happy with how it's going I guess. Any tips, comments, questions most welcome. Waiting for a magnifying glass in the post, I think the auto is pretty close to harvest.

MeJuana

MeJuana

First welcome and let me say your grow looks damn good! The auto in the back looks frumpy as you noted but the rest look really great and I'm guessing 5 to 6 weeks into flower. Hard to tell with yellow light which is also hard to diagnose if any problems exist. Which brings us to the tips. Tip number 1 have a fluorescent light come on 10 minutes before the main lights so you can get a photo, have a look at the girls and see trichs clearly. (it can turn off after main lights come on if you wish). Tip number 2 autos and regular plants shouldn't be mixed because you can give an auto more light hours sometimes. But I want to admit I have no hands on with indoor autos so I probably shouldn't be advising on it.

Edit: meant to add if you want input when they're ready we definitely need daylight fluoros or another great fair light to judge maturity by. Not yellow, white :)

pavlow

pavlow

Cheers mejuana, glad to hear you think they're looking alright. After a bit of reading I think the plan is to take a few pics with my cannon dslr with flash a couple of minutes before lights on tonight. The consensus seems to be it should be okay as a one off or little more and I really want to see those delicious looking buds in detail. In regards to the autos with photos... I read that if you give them a good 5 or 6 weeks at 18/6, 24/0 etc and let them get decently established before the flip to 12/12 you can still get a decent yield. Obviously not as good as 18/6 for their entire lifespan. Had never even heard of autos before so was keen to try it with the photos knowing yield would be sacrificed. It's still looking damn fine though. Will post a pic with flash soon.

pavlow

pavlow

First welcome and let me say your grow looks damn good! The auto in the back looks frumpy as you noted but the rest look really great and I'm guessing 5 to 6 weeks into flower. Hard to tell with yellow light which is also hard to diagnose if any problems exist. Which brings us to the tips. Tip number 1 have a fluorescent light come on 10 minutes before the main lights so you can get a photo, have a look at the girls and see trichs clearly. (it can turn off after main lights come on if you wish). Tip number 2 autos and regular plants shouldn't be mixed because you can give an auto more light hours sometimes. But I want to admit I have no hands on with indoor autos so I probably shouldn't be advising on it.

Edit: meant to add if you want input when they're ready we definitely need daylight fluoros or another great fair light to judge maturity by. Not yellow, white :)

Cheers for the edit. Will get some nice clear pics this evening.

pavlow

pavlow

I always use my camera on manual focus so had trouble getting flash photos last night. Had to refer back to the trusty old manual and figured it out so tonight will get some good shots and and some experts here might be able to diagnose a few issues that I've had, all in all happy though. Watch this space

pavlow

pavlow

So here are the pics i managed to get yesterday. I tried to get some close ups of the trichomes but still a little hard to tell. Also a pic of all 3 and one of the top of an incredible bulk cola but still not the best quality, though i figured out the issue for next time. I think a water flush or 2 and it's time, however happy to hear others opinions.
Maybe around another month for the cheese and incredible bulk but i'm new to this so i'll just see how they develop from here on in. The auto is just on 11 weeks now so it must be damn close to pickin time. It sure is looking rael nice and sticky now though. zooming right in with windows picture viewer i think the trichs have more of a cloudy look than clear but can't really see amber. And this is coming from an untrained eye who's used to throwing some bagseed in any old dirt and picking when the pistils change colour and I can't wait any longer.
I'm going to have to get the camera back out and try and nail a really clear close up and all should hopefully be revealed. So everyone, to pick or not to pick and how long to go? chime in and let me know what you think. Cheers.
IMG 2300 1280x853
Trichomes
Trichomes 2
Trichomes 4
IMG 2301
IMG 2299
IMG 2295
IMG 2280
IMG 2294
IMG 2278
IMG 2277 1280x853

IMG 2279
hermit186

hermit186

told ya to get 3 or 4 packs of papers they are beautiful and make that a a 6 pack trip.

pavlow

pavlow

Cheers brother, got a little over 10 oz off the 3 plants and about to start the next grow. The weather's starting to warm up here so going to veg for 6-8 weeks indoor then take them to the garden to flower.

Top Bottom