First Feed: How To Propely Feed Plants

• Thread starter TalkToMeNice1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

How do you properly mix nutrients for first feed as when do they get there first feed?

Stokes

Stokes

i assume you’re in soil. What stage is the plant at? I generally start at around 70-80% of label recommendations and go from there

TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

Its multiple plants and for soil I’m using fox farm for nutrients I have genral
Hydroponics but have t yet used em

IMG 0336
Stokes

Stokes

If youre transplanting into ocean forest you shouldnt need to feed for atleast another 2-3 weeks.

I would go ahead and pick up some calmag, if its not incorporated into the GH trio you’re using. make sure it has no added nitrogen. At the very least pick up some epsom salts. You will more than likely need magnesium first. Then potassium/calcium in early flower. Nitrogen will be determined by how aggressive the plant is during stretch. If you want to make sure its there you could start feeding at flip.

With FFOF i wouldmt start feeding it until the plants ask for it. Just me. When you see changes in your plant be sure to post here with pics of affected leaves and whole plant

Those bigger seedlings will need a tad bit more water than the smaller ones. Their roots have reached the bottom of the cup. Im not saying drench them, but enough to where the soil is consistently moist. Good job not overwatering the seedlings.

Last edited:
TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

I have calmag I already started using it mixed with mostly water. I use it probably 1 a week the let a week go by. Ps I already started using fox farm soil

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I myself don't use this fertilizer but this may help you.
If not there are many guys that know this stuff well.

Stokes

Stokes

I have calmag I already started using it mixed with mostly water. I use it probably 1 a week the let a week go by. Ps I already started using fox farm soil
Yeah… but when you transplant into a new container it will be fresh soil.
Wouldnt use calmag yet. Where most new growers go wrong is they try to do too much. Let the preamended soil work for you, focus on your environment and proper watering habits

Stokes

Stokes

Oh shit. I misread. Dont use any nutrients right now if youre in ocean forest.

And i would aim for using general hydroponics to supplement, not the ocean forest. Fox farms nutrients will keep your plant alive, but lets be honest, established growers arent switching up their nutrients and choosing to gonwith fox farms. Theyre at growshops because your soil is sold there and theyre widely available. I would take GH over FF any day. Will be absorbed by the plant quicker too

TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

Oh shit. I misread. Dont use any nutrients right now if youre in ocean forest.

And i would aim for using general hydroponics to supplement, not the ocean forest. Fox farms nutrients will keep your plant alive, but lets be honest, established growers arent switching up their nutrients and choosing to gonwith fox farms. Theyre at growshops because your soil is sold there and theyre widely available. I would take GH over FF any day. Will be absorbed by the plant quicker too
See I’m new I need soil and they said stay away fro miracle grow and I saw every one getting fox farm or hp pro mix and I got the general hydrohonics because I thought that the nutrients they need I understand it’s different nutrients you can use but I wasn’t that educated on organic synthetic etc.

TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

Yeah… but when you transplant into a new container it will be fresh soil.
Wouldnt use calmag yet. Where most new growers go wrong is they try to do too much. Let the preamended soil work for you, focus on your environment and proper watering habits
See that’s what I was thinking work with the plant not against it I try to leave everything the same as long as my plants keep thriving I’ll prefer to wait on them to hint there in need or something only thing I really give it is water

Latest posts

Top Bottom