First Grow - 2 weeks from germination

• Thread starter quantumbogger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

quantumbogger

This is my first grow. Growing big bud auto and papaya cookies auto from fastbuds in my 2x2.

Let me know what you think!

Light: Mars Hydro ts600 100w, 22 inches from canopy, 24 hr
Temp: 25-26 degrees c
Humidity: 70% (will decrease incrementally as I get later into veg)
No nutrients yet but planning on giving towards the beginning of week 3. Using organic nutrients - Green House Feeding BioGrow for veg, BioBloom for flower, and BioEnhancer (added to water every 2 weeks).

First grow   2 weeks from germination
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Grats on your first grow, and autos are very finicky so try to reduce as much stress as you can. I’ll be following along.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Thank you. Yes I've heard they are. Will be as careful as I can with everything
Do you have gnats you don’t say you have.

I’d raise the light to 25”
Organic grow 👍
No need to ph not that your saying you have to just a fyi

100w is enough while they veg however to cover three flowering plants you need more light to get a decent yeild
It’s not enough for one flowering plant tbh

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Oh right the yellow thing
I’d use nematodes they will much the larva up ending the gnats life cycle
As the gnats will be munching on the roots.

Uk supplier you can also buy them on flea bay and Amazon

Q

quantumbogger

Do you have gnats you don’t say you have.

I’d raise the light to 25”
Organic grow 👍
No need to ph not that your saying you have to just a fyi

100w is enough while they veg however to cover three flowering plants you need more light to get a decent yeild
It’s not enough for one flowering plant tbh
Hi, no don't have gnats.

Mars hydro recommend keeping it 18-24 for veg and 24 for seedlings. I'm checked the ppfd maps of my light and if you notice the plants are not centered but off to one side hence why I have it at 23 inches (sorry, 22 was a typo!)

I do not believe that I will need a stronger light for flowering. This light is rated for 2 plants and covers a 1.5ft by 1.5ft area for flowering plants which I think I can manage.

I am growing only for myself so I do not need a large yield. I am focusing more on quality.

Q

quantumbogger

Oh right the yellow thing
I’d use nematodes they will much the larva up ending the gnats life cycle
As the gnats will be munching on the roots.

Uk supplier you can also buy them on flea bay and Amazon
Thanks for link but I do not have fungus gnats.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Mars hydro recommend keeping it 18-24 for veg and 24 for seedlings. I'm checked the ppfd maps of my light and if you notice the plants are not centered but off to one side hence why I have it at 23 inches (sorry, 22 was a typo!)

I do not believe that I will need a stronger light for flowering. This light is rated for 2 plants and covers a 1.5ft by 1.5ft area for flowering plants which I think I can manage.

I am growing only for myself so I do not need a large yield. I am focusing more on quality.

If you willing to listen then you might progress at a better rate if not why bother posting

The more experienced growers know manufacturers recommendations are either exaggerated or just plain wrong.
If you can’t understand that your in for a very rocky ride

Never follow what the manufacture recommendations say like light distance for one

18” is to close for seedlings 25” and dimmed to 50% would be more correct at 18” they will get light stressed
It’s like manufacturer food recommendations we don’t follow them we cut what they say by a 1/4-1/2 of the “ recommended “ strength

If you really want to grow quality them have a more open mind

I’m not here because I want to put folks down or have plant problems I only come here to pass on what I’ve learned over the time I’ve been growing and that’s a long time 🙈

Q

quantumbogger

If you willing to listen then you might progress at a better rate if not why bother posting

The more experienced growers know manufacturers recommendations are either exaggerated or just plain wrong.
If you can’t understand that your in for a very rocky ride

Never follow what the manufacture recommendations say like light distance for one

18” is to close for seedlings 25” and dimmed to 50% would be more correct at 18” they will get light stressed
It’s like manufacturer food recommendations we don’t follow them we cut what they say by a 1/4-1/2 of the “ recommended “ strength

If you really want to grow quality them have a more open mind

I’m not here because I want to put folks down or have plant problems I only come here to pass on what I’ve learned over the time I’ve been growing and that’s a long time 🙈
Bro I appreciate the help and I never intended to brush off your comments. But you are being very confusing

1. I have never said that I put the lights at 18 inches for seedlings.
2. You are talking about dimming lights on a light which is not even dimmable

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Bro I appreciate the help and I never intended to brush off your comments. But you are being very confusing

1. I have never said that I put the lights at 18 inches for seedlings.
2. You are talking about dimming lights on a light which is not even dimmable
Easy done on the internet
What I was trying to say point out is the The manufacturers recommendations are wrong

Mars hydro recommend keeping it 18-24 for veg and 24 for seedlings.”

It’s not dimmable shame nvm

Sorry for confusion I’ll digress and wish you good luck

Q

quantumbogger

Easy done on the internet
What I was trying to say point out is the The manufacturers recommendations are wrong

Mars hydro recommend keeping it 18-24 for veg and 24 for seedlings.”

It’s not dimmable shame nvm

Sorry for confusion I’ll digress and wish you good luck
No worries, the help is appreciated nonetheless :)

Q

quantumbogger

Screenshot 2024 04 20 at 194750
Screenshot 2024 04 20 at 194801

Is the plant on the right overwatered? I gave it only 250ml of water like the other plant. This one is a different strain to the other plant so maybe thats why?

Top Bottom