First grow, 21 day into flowering. Wonder if this is normal.

• Thread starter Almasy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Almasy

Almasy

Hi guys this is my first grow and it’s the 21th day into flowering. I wonder if the plant look normal. I vegdeg for 3.5 weeks, and topped them as I finish veg.
The strain is platinum kush

Will be very thankful for any advises and critiques!

First grow 21 day into flowering wonder if this is normal
Last edited:
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

For your first grow you are doing awesome.... Feeling a little jealous

Munch517

Munch517

Looks really good. Did you flip right after topping? I'd wait until I see some healthy new growth after topping before flipping next time, not that it affected you too much as your canopy is pretty full (good job there). I'm assuming it's just out of the picture but do you have good air movement in there? A lot of air flow is one thing I can say is absolutely necessary to prevent pest problems when you have things filled in like that, it helps growth also.

All in all very, very nice first grow. You're braver than me attempting that hydro set up.

Almasy

Almasy

Looks really good. Did you flip right after topping? I'd wait until I see some healthy new growth after topping before flipping next time, not that it affected you too much as your canopy is pretty full (good job there). I'm assuming it's just out of the picture but do you have good air movement in there? A lot of air flow is one thing I can say is absolutely necessary to prevent pest problems when you have things filled in like that, it helps growth also.

All in all very, very nice first grow. You're braver than me attempting that hydro set up.
Hi thank you so much for your advises! I did the topping and flipping two days before flower together, I will be a lot more careful next time. During to the budget and space restriction I only installed one 12’ Fan to vent, next grow I would like to do a seal room with a lot of air movement. I did encounter some mild powdery mildew last week! used pm spray and now they are temporarily gone. Thank for pointing the airflow problem out!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You have done very well for your first foray into growing! I might have allowed them to vegg for another week or 2, but I grow in Promix and not hydro.... In any case, you have done great! FWIW, I grow indoors but my humidity is often very low... maybe 10% during the winter. I haven't seen any real problems from the low humidity and many studies hve shown that it isn't as crucial as once thought. Lower humidity levels also help keep stuff like PM away.

Almasy

Almasy

You have done very well for your first foray into growing! I might have allowed them to vegg for another week or 2, but I grow in Promix and not hydro.... In any case, you have done great! FWIW, I grow indoors but my humidity is often very low... maybe 10% during the winter. I haven't seen any real problems from the low humidity and many studies hve shown that it isn't as crucial as once thought. Lower humidity levels also help keep stuff like PM away.
Thank you! I agree, next time I think I will have them grow a little taller!

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Hi guys this is my first grow and it’s the 21th day into flowering. I wonder if the plant look normal. I vegdeg for 3.5 weeks, and topped them as I finish veg.
The strain is platinum kush

Will be very thankful for any advises and critiques!
I doubt that it is NORMAL to grow that many your first time! HAHAHA ! 🤩

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

My first grow was with parking garage lights that me and a buddy ripped out of the ceiling and rigged into a 4x150 hps ghetto light and miracle grow soil.

I can't imagine what I would be doing now if I started where you have.

Almasy

Almasy

My first grow was with parking garage lights that me and a buddy ripped out of the ceiling and rigged into a 4x150 hps ghetto light and miracle grow soil.

I can't imagine what I would be doing now if I started where you have.
I have 6 gavita 1000 de pro, growing has been a lot of fun for me. I didn’t expect I would enjoy it so much!

1B2D3DEB CC8B 4275 A9B7 3C8A54C05E68
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I have friend doing ebb and flow, I went and check it out a few times before I decided to grow hahaha!
If you are gonna do it, do it right! No doubt about that! Great setup man! Quite impressive.

Munch517

Munch517

Hi thank you so much for your advises! I did the topping and flipping two days before flower together, I will be a lot more careful next time. During to the budget and space restriction I only installed one 12’ Fan to vent, next grow I would like to do a seal room with a lot of air movement. I did encounter some mild powdery mildew last week! used pm spray and now they are temporarily gone. Thank for pointing the airflow problem out!

No problem, always happy to offer advice.

For air flow just have a couple oscillating fans blowing above the canopy and a fan or two to blow under the canopy. The fans blowing above are the more important ones

Almasy

Almasy

No problem, always happy to offer advice.

For air flow just have a couple oscillating fans blowing above the canopy and a fan or two to blow under the canopy. The fans blowing above are the more important ones
ahhh I got it, I’m going to get them tomorrow! Thanks! How much do I need in your opinion?

Iefarmer

Iefarmer

I did encounter some mild powdery mildew last week! used pm spray and now they are temporarily gone. Thank for pointing the airflow problem out!
If you had PM once you'll have it again. Start pronto on a IPM regiment. (Spraying every5 days or so to keep from ever getting it.)
once those nice buds fatten up you won't be able to spray at all anymore.

Top Bottom