First Grow! 4 Dumpster Clones and 300W MarsHydro LED Light

• Thread starter cabal1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cabal1

Hello everyone, as it says in the title this is my first time at growing pretty much anything. I was on a budget and just wanted to try it out. I bought a 3x2 grow tent, a 300w marshydro LED light, and 4 Dumpster OG clones. Ive been reading up on growing for a few weeks but thought i'd make a log in case any problems come up maybe it would be easier if some people on this board were helping out. Also it seems like people are interested in seeing how LED lights can make a grow turn out, especially how well a cheap LED could do, so I thought i'd log it for people that might be interested. I got the clones about a week ago and planted them in 3 gallon pots with Roots Organics Soilless hydroponic coco media and I watered them three times so far, last watering with nutes. The light was about 3 feet away until a few days ago I lowered it to 18 inches.

The first few days the bottom leaves were turning brown and one plant looked like it was burnt and someone from another forum said the pH was off and thats what was happening. I was out of the house for two days and when I came back the timer was stopped at 2am and the light was off, so I don't know if there was no light for a whole day or only for a few hours. Hopefully this doesn't do anything too damaging to the plants. Anyways I watered them two nights ago with their first taste of nutrients and a little bit higher of a pH. The plant that was doing the worst looks even worse now, its in the 2 pics with the really burnt looking leaves. And theres two plants that for the most part look good only with the bottom leaf turning completely yellow, which I attached a pic of. The last plant looks all crinkled which I also attached a pic of. Im assuming that these are all signs of deficiencies and since I'm adding nutes and keeping the pH not so low I hope it starts turning around now.

Ill attach all the pics I have so far. If you wanna leave me some feedback that would be appreciated! Ill try and update as much as possible.

First grow 4 dumpster clones and 300w marshydro led light
First grow 4 dumpster clones and 300w marshydro led light 2
First grow 4 dumpster clones and 300w marshydro led light 3
First grow 4 dumpster clones and 300w marshydro led light 4
First grow 4 dumpster clones and 300w marshydro led light 5
First grow 4 dumpster clones and 300w marshydro led light 6
First grow 4 dumpster clones and 300w marshydro led light 7
First grow 4 dumpster clones and 300w marshydro led light 8
First grow 4 dumpster clones and 300w marshydro led light 9
straincreation

straincreation

Get that ph in check, imo feed um 1/4 strngth nutes untill they turn around.
BOL!
HAPPY FARMIN;)

C

cabal1

Thank you stain! Finally did. So heres some updated pictures I took today. After trying to get pH in check for a few weeks I was still having problems. I started reading that coco needs the pH to be around 5.5-6.5 so I started doing that and I also bought a $20 pH pen on amazon and some pH Down, an 8" booster fan, a small oscillating fan, and some calmag. The pH pen and getting the plants between 5.5-6.5 completely turned around the health of the plants in only a few days. Now they look great. I was wondering when flowering should start, the tallest plant is about 15" and the shortest about 11". From the top of the growing medium to the top of the tent is 57", from the highest point the light could go to the growing medium is about 40". With about 12" space needed minimum from the light to the canopy of the plants I think that makes the maximum height my plants could get to at about 28". So at what height would I start the flowering stage in order to keep the plants at an optimal height? Also the plants look a little crammed to me not sure if thats a problem either.

IMG 5723
IMG 5724
IMG 5725
IMG 5726
C

cabal1

heres a quick update.. I switched the light to 12/12 last monday.. they definitely have stretched a lot.. I also cut a few branches from the bottoms of the plants that don't reach up and get any light.. also started them on some bloom nutrients on monday.. Im going out of town for 3 weeks and will have a friend watering them.. worst time to be gone but its unavoidable.. I will update once I'm back and they will hopefully be on the same good path..

IMG 5918
IMG 5919 1
N

Novicefarmer

heres a quick update.. I switched the light to 12/12 last monday.. they definitely have stretched a lot.. I also cut a few branches from the bottoms of the plants that don't reach up and get any light.. also started them on some bloom nutrients on monday.. Im going out of town for 3 weeks and will have a friend watering them.. worst time to be gone but its unavoidable.. I will update once I'm back and they will hopefully be on the same good path..
Update pls?

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Yeah what happened did your friend forget to water?

Top Bottom