First grow, ~4 weeks into flowering.. possible K deficiency or cal-mag?

• Thread starter TNToothpick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TNToothpick

TNToothpick

Quick summary of my first grow...

I received some tall skinny root bound clones about 6 weeks ago in 1gal pots. Transplanted into 4gal pots right away in FFOF. Had some gnats so I topped off the soil with some perlite and watered with BT and knocked them out quickly. About a week later I switched to 12/12 because they were already about 18” tall, as well as doing some LST. I’ve mostly just fed tap water that sat for 24 hrs or bottled gallon water. Picked up the FFOF nute trio and just began using it every other watering, and started out 1/4 strength. Everything was looking great until the last week or so then started noticing what looks like N clawing on a few of the ladies and then on a couple of them what looks like maybe K or cal-mag deficiency? Ph is 6-7 on all 8 plants, watered with weight test and soil moisture meter. Temp ~65-80* night/day Rh ~45, running 4 spider farmer 2000s in 4x8 tent with plenty of air flow. as you can see in pics a couple of them are looking really good, and a couple are looking for some help lol. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

First grow 4 weeks into flowering possible k deficiency or cal mag
First grow 4 weeks into flowering possible k deficiency or cal mag 2
First grow 4 weeks into flowering possible k deficiency or cal mag 3
First grow 4 weeks into flowering possible k deficiency or cal mag 4
First grow 4 weeks into flowering possible k deficiency or cal mag 5
First grow 4 weeks into flowering possible k deficiency or cal mag 6
First grow 4 weeks into flowering possible k deficiency or cal mag 7
threatco

threatco

Hmm

that is odd.

I wouldn't hazard a guess since it's soil.

Would love to hear an answer.

@Aqua Man @One drop @MIMedGrower

Any idea?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not a K deficiency that I can see. What's the feeding watering history. They do look over fed and transpiration is not looking great. So some info on all the grow room conditions would also help.

Kinda looking like nutrient buildup issue, watering, root issue... Something like that.

Any foliar sprays?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I mean looks like it headed to a lockout and possibly some damaged roots from ph, bugs, salinity or other. I'm doubting bugs though.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi ok first thing get the pots up off tent floor it’s your drainage that is causing some of most of the problem creat a air gap under the pots warmer dryer roots will aid in plant health . If you use a tote to catch your run off never let plants sit in run off use pot risers if you use drip trays keep the bottom of poy up out of the run off . Regards Od .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In addition I guess I should read the post before asking for info. Bugs may have been the reason for poor transpiration and droopy leaves... Usually see more than droopy leaves with bugs though so not 100% on that

Stop adding ferts. Looks like there is still plenty in the soil. Water to thoroughly saturate the soil then make sure to let dry well before doing so again.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Like @One drop said no mention of ppms. And the ocean forest would have gone without needing nutes for weeks. I wouldnt guess or do anything without knowing the runoff ppms. And i mean over time not just a one time test.

Why does everyone seem to worry about ph in potting soil rather than alkalinity and medium nutrient ec lately?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like @One drop said no mention of ppms. And the ocean forest would have gone without needing nutes for weeks. I wouldnt guess or do anything without knowing the runoff ppms. And i mean over time not just a one time test.

Why does everyone seem to worry about ph in potting soil rather than alkalinity and medium nutrient ec lately?
Because ph is a very good indication of overfeeding

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You don’t mention any run off ppm are you watering till 10 to 20% run off occurs ?
Imo ppm is irrelevant. Its organic and the ppm will be much higher. It's not a good indication of available nutrients. However if tracked can be used in a kinda guess work to the direction it's heading if no inorganic nutrients are added

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Imo ppm is irrelevant. Its organic and the ppm will be much higher. It's not a good indication of available nutrients. However if tracked can be used in a kinda guess work to the direction it's heading if no inorganic nutrients are added
I will have to remember the FFOF is a soil mix not a hydroponic as such medium , I am sorry A Man better be careful or you will have the Moderators on me ... 😀👌

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I will have to remember the FFOF is a soil mix not a hydroponic as such medium , I an sorry A Man better be careful or you will have the Moderators on me ... 😀👌
No no was just answering a question. We all here to learn and share. You know how many times I'm wrong? Or see something and interpret it wrong? It's daily bro. These convos help us all and I learn alot from them

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Because ph is a very good indication of overfeeding

You are defending not managing the medium properly? We cant help anyone without knowing if the ppm is rising or falling over time. We can only guess.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No no was just answering a question. We all here to learn and share. You know how many times I'm wrong? Or see something and interpret it wrong? It's daily bro. These convos help us all and I learn alot from them
Oh yes oh corse mate just look at my current crop I’m running , this site has helped myself become a better grower , I’m not on any other grow site there’s no need , learning every day is the essence of life , the amount of knowledge be it Fact or Fiction surrounding cannabis is what’s makes these conversations what they are , you sharing is showing your caring and willing to teach Respect . Od .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not true. If ocean forest is not overwatered you can meter the ec and know when to feed. I did it (and never tested ph during the grow) successfully for 5 years.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The best learning come from discussion. Man I have learned so much here from it because ppl can actually discuss civilly and accomplish something. That why this site is so good. The ppl on it.

Yeah we are discussing. Not trolling or arguing. Even though you are wrong! :-)

Top Bottom