First Grow 4x4 Hid System.

• Thread starter FrenchOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

I’ve been playing with the light lately, I tried to lower it to 20in A-Way from the closest bud but the leaves started getting discolored so I took it back up to 22in. What I’m missing is reflective walls, this is not a powerful light for 4,5x4,5. Should I cut back the Canna A + B to lower the nitrogen? Maybe micro nutes only next feeding?

Also one of my plants won’t drain until I give it a shiiiiiit ton I don’t understand but I don’t think she’s draining well, although I’m using perlite coco and elevated smartpots-_- lol. And having a lot of run off is fucking expensive lol I forgot to tell you guys U bought the Hawaiian bud and the grow more enzymes (can’t remember the name) I started the sweetener on 1/4 strength.
I know run off is waste, but it is so important in preventing sky high ppm in the medium. If you don’t water to run off every time the excess nutes and plant waste will build up and cause problems.

chemistry

chemistry

Seconded on the run off, you have to flush the last lot of nuits out with a fresh watering of nuits, or salt builds up and your PPM's go through the roof. It's only expensive when you have to flush a lot of spent nuits out of your coco, but if you do it as part of your feed regime by watering to a good amount of runoff, then it's not that wallet busting over all.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

I’m just really scared of overwatering, guys. I give about a gal and a half every 3 or 4 days, does that sound about right to you? I can’t really lift the pots because of the net. I wait until the top inch (at least) of the soil gets totally dry, like the texture gets like dusty-sandy.

I don’t understand how, maybe it’s the cocoloco I can’t get used to but watering has been one of my main issues for this first run...

PS : I’ll def give more runoff from now on. Thanks brothers

Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

I’m just really scared of overwatering, guys. I give about a gal and a half every 3 or 4 days, does that sound about right to you? I can’t really lift the pots because of the net. I wait until the top inch (at least) of the soil gets totally dry, like the texture gets like dusty-sandy.

I don’t understand how, maybe it’s the cocoloco I can’t get used to but watering has been one of my main issues for this first run...

PS : I’ll def give more runoff from now on. Thanks brothers
You are doing fine. Like I said, that CocoLoco stuff is a pain for new growers. Don’t change your watering schedule, just water each time until about 20% of what you put in runs out the bottom. At least enough to fill the saucers. Before I built the drain I used a shop vac to suck out the run off. Don’t let them sit in their run off. That will also cause salt buildup issues.

Don’t worry. A second run in straight coco will be a lot easier to water/feed.

BTW, your first run with that stuff is turning out way better than mine did. Nice work!

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

You are doing fine. Like I said, that CocoLoco stuff is a pain for new growers. Don’t change your watering schedule, just water each time until about 20% of what you put in runs out the bottom. At least enough to fill the saucers. Before I built the drain I used a shop vac to suck out the run off. Don’t let them sit in their run off. That will also cause salt buildup issues.

Don’t worry. A second run in straight coco will be a lot easier to water/feed.

BTW, your first run with that stuff is turning out way better than mine did. Nice work!
Thanks brother! I have been using my shop vac, sometimes the water sits there for a few hours but never more since the one time I did I had an army of larva gnats in the saucers! It’s a pain in the ass tho because the suction tip barely fits between the pot and saucer so there is always a little bit of water that stays there and dries, probably ducking up my next ppm check. I try to tip the saucer to gather the water in one spot but with the plants having growth and buds at net level I don’t wanna fuck anything up. I really hate the restrictions that the scrog imposes. That plus my plant count really made this shit hard.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks brother! I have been using my shop vac, sometimes the water sits there for a few hours but never more since the one time I did I had an army of larva gnats in the saucers! It’s a pain in the ass tho because the suction tip barely fits between the pot and saucer so there is always a little bit of water that stays there and dries, probably ducking up my next ppm check. I try to tip the saucer to gather the water in one spot but with the plants having growth and buds at net level I don’t wanna fuck anything up. I really hate the restrictions that the scrog imposes. That plus my plant count really made this shit hard.
Yeah, you gotta watch that plant count with SCRoG. It can turn into a jungle quick. Try folding some cardboard and placing it under one side of your saucer. That should allow the run off to pool to one side. But it will over flow sooner so you don’t need to go very high at all.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

BE7EAFF3 EA6C 4925 991D EEA115AF15F4
245D89C6 7883 4723 87AB 4505E0BBA928
Root system of a couple of amaryllis bulb in very small pots. I find this terrific.
6BD649AD F448 423D 8BC0 862E5EDCDDEE
RIP

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

BA3F080A 5709 41D0 A58B D2BE7C54AA1D
I love this view but I wonder what it would look like if I cut everything below scrog at flower switch! Some of these buds on the pic were below scrog at switch though! Only thing I’m watching for now is mold because it’s dark on the lower part but it’s well ventilated and humidity doesn’t go over 45%.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Doing a great job man!
Thanks brother!

Btw I’m regretting the droppers very much. I haven’t been using it last few waterings because it’s just so slow. Also last two waterings my runoff had larva gnats looking thinking in it, lots of them. I’m gonna use some h2o2 next time. How much do you guys use? Success rate? I think these bugs came from the water sitting in the hoses, since I had to pull the pump out of the water to stop it from flowing. That’s when air and bacteria made their way in. Bitches.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks brother!

Btw I’m regretting the droppers very much. I haven’t been using it last few waterings because it’s just so slow. Also last two waterings my runoff had larva gnats looking thinking in it, lots of them. I’m gonna use some h2o2 next time. How much do you guys use? Success rate? I think these bugs came from the water sitting in the hoses, since I had to pull the pump out of the water to stop it from flowing. That’s when air and bacteria made their way in. Bitches.
Are you sure they’re not springtails? They are usually found in the run off. Those are good bugs.

To correct having to pull the pump every time. Poke a small hole in the feed line. Keep the hole in the res, but above the water line. This will act as an anti-siphon, allowing air in and stopping the flow when the pump shuts off.

The only time I have used 35% H2O2, is for cleaning the res out before each mix and circulating it through the lines for a few minutes after harvest. I mix at an 11 to 1 ratio, Water to H2O2.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Are you sure they’re not springtails? They are usually found in the run off. Those are good bugs.

To correct having to pull the pump every time. Poke a small hole in the feed line. Keep the hole in the res, but above the water line. This will act as an anti-siphon, allowing air in and stopping the flow when the pump shuts off.

The only time I have used 35% H2O2, is for cleaning the res out before each mix and circulating it through the lines for a few minutes after harvest. I mix at an 11 to 1 ratio, Water to H2O2.
They might have been root aphids, just looked up a picture and it did look like that! I still hated the system so I took it all down, I’ll think of something else for next run.

I tried taking the glass off the hood for a couple days but noticed the air outside kinda stunk so I had to throw it back on :/ It improved light penetration pretty good, it’s too bad.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Day 43 of 12/12
Run off down to 1200ppm
Next watering will be at 400ppm, only 80ml of A, 80ml of B. Most plants have a minor tip burn. My smaller g13 is yellow all around the edges of almost every top leaves, I’ll take a pic tonight see what you guys think.
Still having a lot of fun, they smell amazing! Especially the Somango!

F44CECDE A140 4008 998C 44E3283C0A74

G13 x Strawberry Diesel
donkey dicks
A16C5D89 E386 4A3C B0CB 90EBB570808C

G13xSD left White Widow right
4F977900 4731 4277 8220 7E247DB8789E

62F5DAF5 6298 40AF 8BC9 246B25502579
8C4467EA 7187 44B0 969B E68A536B7E6E

Latest posts

Top Bottom