First Grow Advice Please

• Thread starter Sashimi1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sashimi1

New grow, going to grow in 3 gallon fabric fabric pots. Start then under led this week for 2 weeks then transfer outside.

I travel for a living, wife will water when I'm away.

Im using Basecamp Potting soil.

Ive been told that should get me through Grow with little
neex for nutrients. I've been reading a lot and this doesn't seem right.

So so I asked around and someone told me that I should

1) use liquid bone meal in the Basecamp .. when and. How often.

2) use liquid koolbloom . Again I assume this is for flowering stage. But when and how often?
What about nitro?

Will balance PH (tap water ) ....

Does this sound good?

Ive been reading so much that now I'm more confused than ever.

Starting with 3 plants now. Then hope to plant 3 more in July and get two harvests this year.... hopefully anyways!

Thank you in-advance

J

Joker9k

First off nice to meetcha...1.Ive never used liquid bone meal as my understanding is you can overfeed.but with dry feet they only use what u put in.... 4 tablespoons of bloodmeal dry in 3gal airpots is plenty for a 4 week veg and flip.
2.coolbloom week 1~6 at 2ml per gallon...i use Jobes organic grands in the orange bad a Home Depot it has bone meal alfalfa meal and blood meal plus millions of beneficial micoryzie so all I do is add 2 cups for 3 gal and all I do is water with boogie in veg increasing from 2ml per gallon over time.same with biobloom but adding coolbloom I cut all nutes 1.5 weeks until harvest ..hope this helps.excuse my spelling liberty haze at work lol

J

Joker9k

And if you could avoid it don't use tap unless your where tap is cleaner than normal it kills beneficial bacteria and make it have deficiency when there is none it's only the water I keep buckets of ro handy

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Tap is perfectly fine to use. Just let it sit for 24hrs before use for the chlorine to dissipate. I have a 50gal barrel i use for water. All comes from the tap. Almost 5yr grower. I do have 6x air stones running 24/7 to keep the water always fresh.

Sorry i cant be of any more help. I use fox farm ocean forest soil. Great soil, and has alot of nutes that last a bit. May look into that for your next grow.

The Terps

The Terps

You overthinking it. Your going to want a larger pot when you transplant outside(plastic pots are easier to transplant out of since you don't need to "rip" the roots out) at least 35 gals. This will allow you to only have to water once or twice a day when it's hot and the soil is drying out fast. This will also insulate the roots as roots can bake in a 3 gal.

Tap water can be good or bad best to check and see what your working with before you assume it's ok. You can test ph with cheep strips. However a ph pen is preferred if using a nutrient solution that contains a dye. The ec or ppm which is how many solids are in your water can also be checked with a similar ec pen. With these two tools you can figure out if your feeding heavy or light and if the ph is in an exceptable limits for plant nutrient uptake. And be able to make informed adjustments.

Next nutrients also pretty simple. Two routes to go "organic" or "synthetics" both work well. Organics can be easy you can" top dress" (sprinkle poop, minerals, you know organic stuff on top of your dirt) or "amend" (before planting or transplanting you mix above mentioned goodies right in the dirt) now you can just use plain water ph balanced water.
Pros once mixed easy
Cons hard to make adjustments
Or synthetics pick a brand I like mills nutrients or veg plus bloom from hydroponic research. They are both one part so the base is good for veg and flower. You just follow the directions of mixing. If you can cook a recipe then you can mix nutes. Then ph and "feed" your plants.
Pros easy to adjust nutes to plants needs
Cons requires mixing on a regular basis and can be more expensive.

Don't over water don't underwater keep an eye out for non beneficial bugs and mold. Learn from your mistakes

S

Sashimi1

First off nice to meetcha...1.Ive never used liquid bone meal as my understanding is you can overfeed.but with dry feet they only use what u put in.... 4 tablespoons of bloodmeal dry in 3gal airpots is plenty for a 4 week veg and flip.
2.coolbloom week 1~6 at 2ml per gallon...i use Jobes organic grands in the orange bad a Home Depot it has bone meal alfalfa meal and blood meal plus millions of beneficial micoryzie so all I do is add 2 cups for 3 gal and all I do is water with boogie in veg increasing from 2ml per gallon over time.same with biobloom but adding coolbloom I cut all nutes 1.5 weeks until harvest ..hope this helps.excuse my spelling liberty haze at work lol
Thank you very much seeds just sprouted so appreciate the advice

S

Sashimi1

Tap is perfectly fine to use. Just let it sit for 24hrs before use for the chlorine to dissipate. I have a 50gal barrel i use for water. All comes from the tap. Almost 5yr grower. I do have 6x air stones running 24/7 to keep the water always fresh.

Sorry i cant be of any more help. I use fox farm ocean forest soil. Great soil, and has alot of nutes that last a bit. May look into that for your next grow.
Thank you , I am using tap and letting it sit 24 hours. Seeds sprouted yesterday so far so good. 4 seeds all good

S

Sashimi1

You overthinking it. Your going to want a larger pot when you transplant outside(plastic pots are easier to transplant out of since you don't need to "rip" the roots out) at least 35 gals. This will allow you to only have to water once or twice a day when it's hot and the soil is drying out fast. This will also insulate the roots as roots can bake in a 3 gal.

Tap water can be good or bad best to check and see what your working with before you assume it's ok. You can test ph with cheep strips. However a ph pen is preferred if using a nutrient solution that contains a dye. The ec or ppm which is how many solids are in your water can also be checked with a similar ec pen. With these two tools you can figure out if your feeding heavy or light and if the ph is in an exceptable limits for plant nutrient uptake. And be able to make informed adjustments.

Next nutrients also pretty simple. Two routes to go "organic" or "synthetics" both work well. Organics can be easy you can" top dress" (sprinkle poop, minerals, you know organic stuff on top of your dirt) or "amend" (before planting or transplanting you mix above mentioned goodies right in the dirt) now you can just use plain water ph balanced water.
Pros once mixed easy
Cons hard to make adjustments
Or synthetics pick a brand I like mills nutrients or veg plus bloom from hydroponic research. They are both one part so the base is good for veg and flower. You just follow the directions of mixing. If you can cook a recipe then you can mix nutes. Then ph and "feed" your plants.
Pros easy to adjust nutes to plants needs
Cons requires mixing on a regular basis and can be more expensive.

Don't over water don't underwater keep an eye out for non beneficial bugs and mold. Learn from your mistakes
Great advice thank you. So far all 4 seeds I planted have sprouted.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Thank you , I am using tap and letting it sit 24 hours. Seeds sprouted yesterday so far so good. 4 seeds all good

Just double check your municipal water doesn't use monochloramine to treat water. If they do, it will not dissipate by letting the water sit for 24 hours nor will it from boil (actually quite hard to remove) Most water treatment plants use this now I believe and not chlorine alone.

What will it do to your plants? Not sure on that, but I wouldn't think it would benefit much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom