First Grow Advice - Quarantine Edition

• Thread starter Stugots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Oh wow, I never knew organic nutrients could test high for metals. I’ll do some digging tonight and I might be cancelling my order before it gets shipped. Thank you very much for this. 👊🏼

Metals arent the only thing to worry about. With all the manure you have to be careful of stuff like e coli ect. Specially if you are buying it and not cooking/pasteurizing it yourself. The word organic doesnt go hand in hand with "clean." I have seen some organic grows that I wouldnt smoke with someones lungs I hate. That's more of the grower not the technique. Good and bad on both sides of the fence. They are both good and both have merits. Decide what you want to do and do the proper research and you will be fine.

Im just one of those people that if you decide to grow organic you should start composting/worm binning yourself and reusing your medium. If not I feel its all kind of a waste and goes against the whole mantra of it when you buy plastic bottles of "organic" nutes off the shelf. All up 2 you tho.

Stugots

Stugots

Here’s an update on the plants. Getting very close to the gender reveal now. One has something starting to sprout from the nodes (not pictured). Does anyone notice anything off with the plants? Is that yellowing normal or could just be the strand? Soooo many things can cause yellowing I don’t even know where to begin. I transplanted them 10 days ago so the soil should still have enough nutrients until the GH gets here.

I ended up cancelling my order of the Organic Nutrients and went with Ol reliable GH. I ordered the 3 flora’s, plus CalMag and Diamond Nectar. When so many people suggest it, including personal friends, I think it’s time for me to stop being stubborn lol.

On a side note, I don’t realize why “hydro” got such a bad rep in my area growing up. It was always referred to as inferior weed. After doing research, my oh my people are uneducated in that department. Seems like something I would love to try when I have some extra cash for the hardware 👍🏼

Thanks again for all your input, growers!

16EE8CA5 FEF9 474F A72B 473E82E0DC22
BA9B2F48 90F3 402A AAA9 ED5111659AAD
30E95C77 C531 4442 B4B4 D8AB99F96590
F16EB926 2FC0 4493 ACDA BAB68E50590D
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Hydro was never the crappy weed where I'm from we made fun of Mexican dirt floating around. We were also uneducated about it. Now I know both. To be equally good depending on the grower.

But early 2000s about what we called fish weed came around. Great looking hydro's.

But garbage it was. It was grown by Asians usually (no disrespect but it is what it is).

They would buy nice houses in nice neighbour hoods and fill the house with plants but only check on them once every 2 weeks. Then at harvest they would roll the buds on kief screens for the keif and sell the low thc great looking buds.

Fish weed haha man that was so long ago.

N

Newber

Hydro was never the crappy weed where I'm from we made fun of Mexican dirt floating around. We were also uneducated about it. Now I know both. To be equally good depending on the grower.

But early 2000s about what we called fish weed came around. Great looking hydro's.

But garbage it was. It was grown by Asians usually (no disrespect but it is what it is).

They would buy nice houses in nice neighbour hoods and fill the house with plants but only check on them once every 2 weeks. Then at harvest they would roll the buds on kief screens for the keif and sell the low thc great looking buds.

Fish weed haha man that was so long ago.
hahaha I plead the 5th but I'm Native 😂🤣😉 I had a strong business mind in middle and high school haha Fish Weed 😅

20200425 203600
N

Newber

cheers! lol
Here’s an update on the plants. Getting very close to the gender reveal now. One has something starting to sprout from the nodes (not pictured). Does anyone notice anything off with the plants? Is that yellowing normal or could just be the strand? Soooo many things can cause yellowing I don’t even know where to begin. I transplanted them 10 days ago so the soil should still have enough nutrients until the GH gets here.

I ended up cancelling my order of the Organic Nutrients and went with Ol reliable GH. I ordered the 3 flora’s, plus CalMag and Diamond Nectar. When so many people suggest it, including personal friends, I think it’s time for me to stop being stubborn lol.

On a side note, I don’t realize why “hydro” got such a bad rep in my area growing up. It was always referred to as inferior weed. After doing research, my oh my people are uneducated in that department. Seems like something I would love to try when I have some extra cash for the hardware 👍🏼

Thanks again for all your input, growers!
look good amigo

Latest posts

Top Bottom