first grow and it seems good but i need tips!

• Thread starter Tbruze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redman420

redman420

sour d is a very tall plant and I have always used 1000wt bulbs so that way the light gets to most of the plant,your biggest problem will be that your lights are very low on lumens so i would invest in hid lighting if you want to grow good potent buds,and dont use foxfarm nutrients they will burn your sour d for sure get some advanced nutrients iguana juice grow and bloom

T

Tbruze

thanks man. and i just ordered a 600w hps/mh set up finnaly and tommarow going to get lumber for my cabintet...ill post pics when its all ready

420alldaze

420alldaze

whats up tbruze? cant wait to see those diesels!! peacentreez

B

blayzed76

good start there man, 600w will be such a huge difference you will be amazed i promise ;)
best advice i can give is READ READ READ, and just when you think you have a good idea READ MORE...keep in mind that you can ask 10 growers the same question and get 10 different answers. your knowledge will come with plain old trial and error and eventually youll get dialed in on whats best for you...

i would recommend also looking into compost teas and also mixing your own soil, plants love this :) organics is fun so good luck and careful what you give your plants ;)

BTW redman is right, there are better nutes than fox farms, look into advanced nutrients like he suggested (i am using iguana juice now) another good one is general organics line (i recommend the "go box", it has all you need :) )

T

Tbruze

alrite thanks man...i plan on finishing my grow house up tommarow so pics will be up! and i am proly gonna go with the advanced nutrint line for flowering haha ive jus heard to much about it not to! but thanks and i want to do a tea mix but i really just don't know where to start with it...any advice on that is golden jus like everything else ive been hearing on here!

Pheonix82

Pheonix82

If u stick with foxfarm nutes make sure u get a cal/mag additive. None of their products contain calcium. I just learned about this myself. Look at the foxfarm feed schedule to get an idea of what u need. I am still learning about foxfarm products myself but am happy to share what I do know:)

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

but thanks and i want to do a tea mix but i really just don't know where to start with it...any advice on that is golden jus like everything else ive been hearing on here!

A HUGE tip for yourself and any others out there wanting to do a tea mix......you're going to want to aerate your tea while its brewing because it helps the microbes separate from the compost or whatever else you plan to use as the "tea solids" AND it'll get oxygen to your roots (both good things)....

MAke a quick trip to your local thrift store-Goodwill-Deseret Industries or wherever and I'll bet peanuts to popcorn you'll find at least 3-4air pumps WITH tubing AND air stones. All for maybe the price of a Subway Foot long (5 bucks).....Another Byrneski tip......take a bottle of water in with you to the above mentioned store to test out the different pumps you'll undoubtedly find there......find the strongest pump (or two) and youre dialed in....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
lol..this thread was 3 years old..the op hasnt been here since.. :)

Good tips though guys :)

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

Oh snap - and I thought I pride myself on checking that type of info' out......thanks for pointing that out CGK and I can assure you it wont happen again.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A HUGE tip for yourself and any others out there wanting to do a tea mix......you're going to want to aerate your tea while its brewing because it helps the microbes separate from the compost or whatever else you plan to use as the "tea solids" AND it'll get oxygen to your roots (both good things)....

MAke a quick trip to your local thrift store-Goodwill-Deseret Industries or wherever and I'll bet peanuts to popcorn you'll find at least 3-4air pumps WITH tubing AND air stones. All for maybe the price of a Subway Foot long (5 bucks).....Another Byrneski tip......take a bottle of water in with you to the above mentioned store to test out the different pumps you'll undoubtedly find there......find the strongest pump (or two) and youre dialed in....
Great tip, but that's not why you want to aerate your tea. You need to aerate the tea to keep it as high in DO (dissolved oxygen) as possible, so that the beneficial microbes you're trying to culture can grow on the food you've given them. :)

Top Bottom