First Grow and things aren’t going too well

• Thread starter PurpleOunce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurpleOunce

PurpleOunce

Guys to cut straight to the point. I think I’ve over fed my plants. The guys at the store give all sorts of whacky advice and I thought I’d come to the forum for real proper help. One of my plants is completely burnt top to bottom and I never put a video of her up but the others have regained composure. With what you can see where do I go from here in terms of feeding and watering.

Craycrayracing

Craycrayracing

Guys to cut straight to the point. I think I’ve over fed my plants. The guys at the store give all sorts of whacky advice and I thought I’d come to the forum for real proper help. One of my plants is completely burnt top to bottom and I never put a video of her up but the others have regained composure. With what you can see where do I go from here in terms of feeding and watering.
Good thing that's an easy one :-) pull the yellow one from the very bottom cuz you don't want it anyway. Sometimes it dies because it doesn't get as much light as the others. But the answer is I can tell in the videos that it's too much water. What you want to do is run water through your pods until you see 20% go through the bottom. And then only re water three or four sometimes five days later but make sure the top of the soil is dry all the way down to about an inch or maybe even 2 in then you know that it's ready again. Another thing you can do is way them individually after doing this process

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yup. Too frequent watering. Need to let the medium dry out. It may not be a set time between waterings. Another way to check for dryness is to lift the pots a little bit to see how heavy they are. Do this right after you water to that ~20% runoff above. That’ll be the heaviest they’ll be. Then when you give them a little lift days later, you’ll get a sense for how light they are now.

I usually do that if I’m not sure, and give my fingers a plunge into the soil to see how deep it’s dry.

Are you growing in soil or coco?

Top Bottom