First Grow. Are These Plants Messed Up??

• Thread starter CoolC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CoolC

First grow are these plants messed up
First grow are these plants messed up 2
Hello all this my friends first grow.
They used bag seed but it's from good bud. A 600w hps, black gold ffof and happy frog soil mixed with perlite vermiculite and some plain miracle grow soil to cut it all down.

Trying to figure out how to post pictures right now. But I think an attempt to supercrop ruined the shape of the plants.

First grow are these plants messed up 3
C

CoolC

Just looking for some thoughts about how messed up the shape of the canopy is going to be after flowering. And if they are going to Really double in height. With a impulsive move both plants were broken down and FIMed five days ago. One of them has grown an inch since the the other is just growing out.Day 54 veging from seed. Lights on 24/7 600 w Apollo brand hps until last week 2 galaxy hydro 300w LEDs were added. One plant was nice and round almost perfect shaped. The other my xmas tree shaped. My friend regrets super croping and ruining the shape, they just got scared the plants would get too tall but they didn't have many growth sites on the branches.

These pics are from before the destruction

C

CoolC

My friend wanted to go organic but ended up trying some very diluted nutes a friend gave them called flora nova grow and seemed to get a nitrogen overload. Slightly burning and making new leafs look really stringy. After flushing a bit and a few weeks just water the new leaf growth looks normal again. My friend was also gifted an old bottle of dyna grow liquid bloom and is hesitant about experimenting with it. Do you think it is nessisary to use a bloom nute? When they were out in 5 gallon buckets all new black gold and happy frog soil was used.

C

CoolC

The ways the branches are growing, maybe they need to be tied up so they can heal at a more even height ??

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Imo plants need a dark period to thrive, auto plants sometimes grow 6 inches in the dark in one night. Its the time that they use their saved up energy from photosynthesis to build new tissue. I think they grow much faster with 6 or 8 hours of dark. Have you sexed them yet, do they have preflowers?

C

CoolC

Imo plants need a dark period to thrive, auto plants sometimes grow 6 inches in the dark in one night. Its the time that they use their saved up energy from photosynthesis to build new tissue. I think they grow much faster with 6 or 8 hours of dark. Have you sexed them yet, do they have preflowers?
Thanks for the reply! Yes both female and showing it... 6 inches?! That's wild! the most growth i have documented with these is maybe an inch in 24 hours. I'm also worried aboutmaybe I damaged the stems too much with supercrop. Lower branches turning brown at the wound but still not healing.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Supercropping should not be done on the lower woody branches, you should only pinch and bend on new green growth where it colapses easily.

I would just leave it and see if it survives.

C

CoolC

Supercropping should not be done on the lower woody branches, you should only pinch and bend on new green growth where it colapses easily.

I would just leave it and see if it survives.
That makes a lot of sense thank you for the input. I was watching YouTube and all these people keep swearing that the plants will look mangled but can handle anything. I knew that was too good to be true. What a shame that's my best branch there.

C

CoolC

I'm starting them on 18/6 now. I think il give 2 days to adjust then go 12/12. I just made a grid out of string to tie some of the branches up for support and to and bend others around.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

If you are gonna top them then you will need to veg a few more weeks to give them a chance to recoup and grow out the side branches for big colas. Otherwise your main colas will be small if you top and flip right away.

C

CoolC

If you are gonna top them then you will need to veg a few more weeks to give them a chance to recoup and grow out the side branches for big colas. Otherwise your main colas will be small if you top and flip right away.
I cut the tips off and they are still growing vertically at almost the same rate. I think I'm going to just leave them now and stop doing things to stress them. Gunna tie stuff off and that's it.. One more question .... How do I know if the plants need added nutes or not, they just got all new soil when I put them in 5 gall buckets but I have bloom nutes lowing around, less is more imo

C

CoolC

I don't want to use the dyna gro and risk bad taste in the bud or hurting the plants if I don't have too. Could it make a that big of a difference in a growth? Or do the plants not need it because they are in Fresh rich soil.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

plants need food and there isnt enough in your soil unless it is supersoil, you will have to fertilize them once a week or they will get deficiencies, the leaves will get spots turn yellow/brow and fall off, greatly reducing your yield

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Looks like you've quite a bit of depth available for roots to grow into. Personally I would top them, veg them for a couple of weeks longer, pinching new growth to form a relatively even canopy. I'd also have them on 18/6

Top Bottom