First Grow Attempt (New User - Canada)

• Thread starter Erratum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Erratum

Erratum

Supporter
Hi Everyone,

First time grower from Ontario, Canada. My brother-in-law gave me some seeds - and bud! - from his 2020 plants for Christmas, so I've germinated+planted a couple to see how far I get. This one (image below) was from a granddaddy purp. female. . He didn't have any males going, so not sure the pollen origin. I read the female could have been be self-pollinated if herm., pollinated from one of his other strains if herm., (OG kush, bruce banner or pink bubba) or from another plant in his neighborhood. I also have one of the OG kush seeds growing a few days behind this to hopefully get a female between the two.

Not a serious grow, just for some enjoyment to get my feet wet. The picture below is 15 days in using some 45 watt CFLs (6500k) on 19/5. I'm not monitoring temp. or humidity but keep them in my utility room which is a few degrees warmer than the rest of my home. Using some decent potting soil. I water with 50% tap water that's been out for a couple of days to decrease free chlorine, and 50% softened tap water (chlorine free). I use some of the unsoftened tap water to ensure some Fe, Ca, etc. Watering with a spray bottle once a day and spraying lightly a couple of additional times. I also dose the spray bottle with about 2% of an application of 12-4-9 nutes just do ensure adequate nitrogen and minerals to start. I've been (literally) using a dropper down to fractions of a mL given the concern about over-nutrients and seedlings not needing to start. I pH adjust to 6.0-6.5 using lemon juice. I also keep a fan on most of the "daylight" hours to move oxygen and ensure no heat stress from the CFLs that are a couple of inches above.

I think things are coming along well given I'm really just growing based on judgement after reading a bunch of articles. Assuming I don't do anything silly and irreversible, I plan to move both plants outside in a couple of months for flowering. Will likely only get 5-6 hours of sun given my yard has a lot of large trees, but I don't think my wife will tolerate the smell inside during flowering.

Let me know if you have any grave concerns with what I'm doing. Thanks for reading and hope to see you around the forums!

20210428_160842.jpg

Given

Last edited:
kevinfever

kevinfever

looks good so far , you could put them out doors after may 24 weekend . make sure you put them in shade for like a day or they will get sun burnt , i put mine along my fence so it gets shade and sun threw the gaps then straight sun the next day . also if them seeds were made from herme pollen the seeds will be hermes as well , but some of the best weed i have grown came from bag seed so take the chance if its just for an experiment . 5 hours direct sun light is still ok might not get as dense of bud but it will be fine .more direct sun light is better . im also organic grower i dont check ph on any thing , i use 24h distilled tap water . im from southern ontario welcome to the farm

Latest posts

Top Bottom