First grow, Blue Dreams, about 43 days. Time for MOAB?

• Thread starter Cort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

Hi yall. First grow ever, blue dreams in 4x4 silver under 1k. These were flipped Feb first, but about a week into flower they spent a few days, up to a week in the dark due to problems with equipment while I was out of town. Person who was feeding for me could not fix.
315_001.jpg

Pistols starting to turn colors. Last week or so the flowers have really swollen up. They are sticky, stinky but not super dense. Running RO, botanicare PBP bloom, hydroplex, sweet raw, Liquid Karma at about 1k ppm in Coco/perlite about 75/25 in 16q pots

315_002.jpg

Yes, they are too crowded. 9 mini trees in a 4x4 was a bit ambitious.
315_004.jpg

Rookies... whadda gonna do. Next run wont be vegged as long, I will have less plants and better control of canopy.

Been reading about MOAB and it being a low cost booster I was thinking of giving it a shot. BD is supposed to be 8-10 weeks so depending on what your more advanced eyes tell me, I should be about ready for it, if advised. I will be getting a loupe today I hope. $ is tight till I start having my own smoke.

Thoughts?

true grit

true grit

Yep they be looking ready for it. Make sure to follow the directions and drop base nutes etc by about 1/2 when ya add the MOAB. I'd toss it in there til bout wk8, taper down and then start flush around wk 8.5-9. Some do it different, i like to give em MOAB for 1.5-2wks then drop it for a half a week or so and let plants process it then full on flush.

Cort

Cort

Thanks for the speedy response. I should have some in hand today and ready for a feeding tonight.

Should I also drop hydroplex in half? or just the base.

true grit

true grit

For sure on the hydroplex and possibly the sweet as well. I drop my base and pk boost by half and often with the bud candy as well. Been messin with bud candy levels but best would be to drop base, pk, and carb.

Cort

Cort

Went to both local shops, one was out of MOAB and one said he cant even get it.:angry

Looks like I go without this round and order me some for next.

My shop did give me a 20 gram sample pack of "Monster Bloom" from Grotek
its 0-50-30 but not much else.
http://www.grotek.net/en/products/product.aspx?id=68

Should I

A: Use this awesome product, gratz on the free score
B: Return it so some other grower can use
C: Toss it in the bin so no one screws up their garden with this trash.

E

EACH1TEACH1

congrats on your first grow mate. looks like your doing pretty well. about your vegging time, you will get it all dialed in,it takes a few rounds to really find what works best for you, your garde and your strain. sounds and looks like your on the rite path. keep it up. the moab conversation has me thinking thanks fellas.

Cort

Cort

Thanks for stopping by Each1... my grow looks better on camera than in person, but it only looks as good as it does because all the help and research other farmers have provided me with. Im just happy I didnt kill (I still have time) my first run.

Wish someone had an opinion on this Monster bloom. It has gotten mixed reviews from a google search but generally not very well received by growers. Looks like I will shelve it for now and order some MOAB for next run.

true grit

true grit

Any way to test it out on a few plants just to see? With high PK like that I'd still drop feed like you would with MOAB. But worth doing a test if you can seperately...you'll most def see if it gives improvement vs. with out. And if it does, next round you can do some with a proven booster vs. results with MOAB.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

blue dream was the first strain I grew and it's still my standard. I always go a full ten weeks and try to lean organic on the pk boosters. dream always comes out good, but it is one strain where you can really taste the difference from the guano. roots organics makes a good line of boosters but most hydro shops don't carry it for whatever reason. but if you want something like moab, go with foxfarms' boosters. i used them on my first blue dream crop and it was insanely sweet and sticky. yield could have been better though.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

website hereMonster Bloom™ Feed Chart

Soil / Soilless: 6g / 19L
(1tsp / 5gal)

Hydroponics / Water Culture: 6g / 19L
(1tsp / 5gal)

Foliar: --

look like some decent products
they claim to be organic too
but i dont know, they dont tell me how much my yeild will increase so i dont know if i can trust them, no $125 magnesium bottles either so this line must be crap
(exagrating)

Cort

Cort

Thanks for the input guys. Been a bit busy last few days.

Decided not to trust my first grow on a product that looks good, but few have experience with. The girls seem to be doing well without it and next run I will have more confidence to try new, pretty much untested stuff, or go with a standby product that folks are happy with. MOAB seems to be a product that people like and is cheap. Both are pluses for me.

berryhill

berryhill

the blue dream is a decent strain for croppin...wishing you the best of a good quality yield my friend.

Top Bottom