FIRST GROW!!! Can anyone help?

• Thread starter KambleFrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Hey fellow growers!
so I’m growing my first bunch of babies and I’m literally overthinking everything. It’s getting to the point where I’m losing track of what to do here.

I have my seeds planted in Pro-Mix BX with added perlite
They are in red solo cups
They finally sprouted yesterday
Soil is still a little damp
I have Flora Grow trio nutrients
PH meter pen for balancing PH (up + down)
Tent setup is 300W LED
TEMPS 76°F
Humidity 70%

haven’t done any watering to runoff yet and idk if I’m suppose to.
I haven’t added any nutrients yet because I can’t find information on whether I should after they JUST sprouted.
I took the ziplock bags off the cups once they sprouted so they get oxygen.
I don’t know when to start feeding nutrients, how often to feed nutrients
Idk what the feed schedule should be in a 7 day week period
Can anyone help me please :( I don’t wanna f*** this up!!

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Pics?

And if I read thi right you basically have sprouts? If so dont worry about nutes and keep them in solo cups until well rooted. Then dont go too big when you transplant.

I dont grow soil btw so dont take my advice as the bible. This is just what ive soaked up while reading

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Agree with the above. Don't worry about nutes for a while, and I don't think there's a need to water until runoff when they've just sprouted. Might wanna get a spray bottle and just mist them to keep the soil moist until they get bigger.

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Pics?

And if I read thi right you basically have sprouts? If so dont worry about nutes and keep them in solo cups until well rooted. Then dont go too big when you transplant.

I dont grow soil btw so dont take my advice as the bible. This is just what ive soaked up while reading

Here are a couple pics,
When should I start feeding nutes? And what schedule should I be feeding vs watering? I’m so sorry I’m sure all these questions are so damn noobish
I know that pro mix BX is considered a soulless medium as its peat based
So what do I treat it as when it comes to ph? 5.8-6PH?

7BA5FE61 9930 4319 9A38 72CEC8BC739D
6A12F0AC 3057 43B3 BDE8 E12A3D952597
KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Agree with the above. Don't worry about nutes for a while, and I don't think there's a need to water until runoff when they've just sprouted. Might wanna get a spray bottle and just mist them to keep the soil moist until they get bigger.
From what I read I’m not suppose to moist until completely dry? To give the roots oxygen? Is this facts or should I be keeping the medium moist at all times daily? Promix BX is considered a soiless medium right?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What your water source. Once they sprout in a media that's not ferted I give em 100-150ppm.

You want the media to be moist throughout and after watering let it dry back well before watering again.

The tap root will grow straight to the bottom before branching out so important to have the entire media moist. Don't spray or mist or give a tiny circle. You have plenty of drainage and roots don't grow into dry media.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

From what I read I’m not suppose to moist until completely dry? To give the roots oxygen? Is this facts or should I be keeping the medium moist at all times daily? Promix BX is considered a soiless medium right?
No not completely dry but close. Most tend to over water but it's better to underwater than over water until you get the hang of it.

Here is a video of a clone recovering from under watering.when it starts to droop you know you went to long.... the key is moist not wet. Water to runoff when you do and then let em dry back.

Underwatering may look like it's worse but it's not. They recover very fast.

Also overwatering is not to much water it's simply that the media is so saturated it can't exchange enough o2 to keep up with the plant needs and it takes a lot longer to dry media out than add water to it.

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

What your water source. Once they sprout in a media that's not ferted I give em 100-150ppm.

You want the media to be moist throughout and after watering let it dry back well before watering again.

The tap root will grow straight to the bottom before branching out so important to have the entire media moist. Don't spray or mist or give a tiny circle. You have plenty of drainage and roots don't grow into dry media.

My source is tap water currently 100ppm
I made the mistake of not dampening the medium before planting the germinated seed so I saturated the hell out of it in the cup hoping I didn’t pretty much start a death sentence timer for them. I gave them a good heavy spray a day or two ago to make sure they had some moisture but now I’m worried the bottom of the cup isn’t wet or damp.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok can do 1ml of each into 1 gal. Temp adjust the water to about 70f and feed to runoff. They will be fine. You have good drainage.
If you can get tenps up to 75-80f would be ideal.

Can you link the light?

Another common problem is to much light to soon and they can stunt hard from that.

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Ok can do 1ml of each into 1 gal. Temp adjust the water to about 70f and feed to runoff. They will be fine. You have good drainage.

Can you link the light?

Another common problem is to much light to soon and they can stunt hard from that.
How often should I be feeding them these nutes then in a 7 day week? And how many times should I water?
I can get the temps to 79-80 no problem I just though 75-78 was the seeet spot lol
How many cups can I feed with 1gal ? I currently have like 10 of them that sprouted

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Can you link the light?

It’s the marshydro 300watt LeD light.
I have them on 24/7 currently but I have a timer ready to go for 18/6 whenever was just waiting for more to sprout. Should they be on the timer?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How often should I be feeding them these nutes then in a 7 day week? And how many times should I water?
I can get the temps to 79-80 no problem I just though 75-78 was the seeet spot lol
How many cups can I feed with 1gal ? I currently have like 10 of them that sprouted
75-78f leaf temps imo 79-80f air temps will be good.

So with these nutrients when you water you want to get some runoff. About 10-20% of what goes in... just to give you an idea its not all that crucial right now as the media is fresh. The reason is to wash some of the old nutrients out each feed. And help keep nutrient ratios balanced.

I cannot give you a how many time per week it will depend on to many variables and something you just gonna have to learn and adapt as you go cause it will change as the grow.

In this type of grow its similar to drain to waste so you feed nutrients each time. The runoff will help prevent the buildup that's why it's so important.

1 gal will prob do them all at this point. Just water until you get some runoff maybe 10-20 ml of runoff each like I said if fresh media so it's not like you need to try to push out any old nutrients.

You have holes in the bottoms?

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

With the LED keep the temps a little higher around 80-82 youll notice better growth as I did. I thought the same as you because I came from HID.

Also listen to aqua hes been tons of help for me

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s the marshydro 300watt LeD light.
I have them on 24/7 currently but I have a timer ready to go for 18/6 whenever was just waiting for more to sprout. Should they be on the timer?
Ok I'd have them about 30" away for now. 24/7 is ok for right now but I would prefer 18/6.

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Ok I'd have them about 30" away for now. 24/7 is ok for right now but I would prefer 18/6.

will do! I think I have them at around 25-27” currently
I put them on a timer so I won’t disturb them until the morning lol I’ll raise it to 30”

as for the nutes, I’ve read that promixBX doesn’t have any inside the medium, and some say it does.
They literally sprouted a day or two ago so you’re saying I can feed small amounts of nutes already and they’ll be good?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

will do! I think I have them at around 25-27” currently
I put them on a timer so I won’t disturb them until the morning lol I’ll raise it to 30”

as for the nutes, I’ve read that promixBX doesn’t have any inside the medium, and some say it does.
They literally sprouted a day or two ago so you’re saying I can feed small amounts of nutes already and they’ll be good?
Yes 1 ml of each of the gh trio in a gal no more at this point

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

With the LED keep the temps a little higher around 80-82 youll notice better growth as I did. I thought the same as you because I came from HID.

Also listen to aqua hes been tons of help for me
Will do, I’ll get the temps up a little higher. Does it matter if they stay stable throughout the night too? Or can I keep the temps at around 80° 24/7?

absolutely, so far you guys have helped put my mind at ease. Just can’t keep my brain from overthinking everything everyday thus far trying to not fuck up lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Will do, I’ll get the temps up a little higher. Does it matter if they stay stable throughout the night too? Or can I keep the temps at around 80° 24/7?

absolutely, so far you guys have helped put my mind at ease. Just can’t keep my brain from overthinking everything everyday thus far trying to not fuck up lol
10f drop is no issue.. at an even diff they may stay a tad shorter. I prefer not to go befow 65f over the night but usually I'm about 5-10f cooler lights off. Unless I'm lazy like last grow and don't wanna spend the 30 sec changing my tent controller lol.

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Day 7

the ladies are growing nicely!
What are your thoughts so far?

for my first grow I noticed two things so far.
1) you really do tend to get into your own head with everything
2) you want to spend every waking minute watching these beautiful things lol

I noticed that I possibly overwatered some of them (in part due to the medium being too low inside the cup leaving the roots in moist soil.
I raised the levels up leaving the tops out of the cup. Hopefully in a week or so this will help them out!

66000146 691A 4A95 B3C9 5DB425BFF217
BAD08E18 2072 47E2 B16E 2862B71F4E0C
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I think your fine. Don’t love on them so hard. Water when the cups get light. Might take several days between waterings.

Top Bottom