• Thread starter anti
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

anti

should I tie em up or will that just make them weak? (er) ? heh?! damnit

T

theTinker

hmm i never seen lil ones do that stretch so much.

Is your light as close to them as possible without causing burn?

The path of thier leanings is suggesting they are moving all over the place because the light source keeps being moved?(from left to right etc?) are you rotating the pack of them or something?

Is the light right above them? It should be.

A

anti

lights pretty close as you can see in pics6-7" its a single bulb h.o. t5 running 24hrs

A

anti

when should I put these under the MH lights not till transplant or now?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I would say turn on the mh and keep it about 4 ft from the tops for now the move it down a little after a few days.

T

theTinker

MH would be lots and lots of light for those little girls, i'd be a bit concerned about it being too much. My clones usually are well more formed than your girls before i put them under HPS and even then, its a bit of a stress on them.
I'd also be concerned that having the light so far away might cause further stretch and breakage.

I wonder(i know, not what your hoping for) if a dark period for the girls might help. It might give them a 6 hour period where they can focus on thickening up instead of stretching for more and more light.

I grew clones once on 24hours and i noticed a better survival rate with 18 hours. The 24 hours seemed to be very stressful on my plants. This could just be the strain though!

Is there anyway to get more cfl light onto them? (extra lights/lamps)

Is this the light picture u referenced me to? I cant tell by the scale, but a floro light should be only about 3 inches above the tips of the seedlings if possible. Is that how close you have it?

S

shift00420

i would put the light right down on top of them. I have clones transplanted in plastic cups & they grow right into the light, touching the bulb in fact. i have a 4ft 4 bulb t5 with no problems. your babied wont burn.

I also use a light dose of clonex when i water seedlings at about a week old it helps with rooting. 1/2 strength. it works for me

hiboy

hiboy

Do you monitor your ppm also. i would be giving them babies 6.0 ph at that stage. make sure you dont overwater. big mistake made for newbs on babies, they are so small they are drinking next to nothing , the heat/air is what is evaporating the water , not them. One light aint that much light. Double the fluor. output.
hiboy

A

anti

I am gonna PH my water from 7 to 6 and feed a very light dose of clonex as well as lower the light and put it on 18hrs today and see what happens, also gonna support leaners with sticks but hope this dosent produce a weak plant by supporting it

A

anti

well i tied a lot of em up that were leanin i lowered the light and added a 6hr dark period

IMG 20110516 141846
IMG 20110516 141856
IMG 20110516 141839
IMG 20110516 141820
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Anti,
I know that mittenmed and some others on here are correct, in the respect that your light should be closer to the plants. I run T5's as close as an inch away. At the stage you're in, I would say 4-6" is plenty. The MH isn't that crazy of an idea at all. There are lots of people who will use them at this stage. I think that the floro should be enough if it is in the right spot. Also, I have heard it already mentioned. The moisture level in the media at this stage is very critical, and commonly over wet. You need to let them dry up some (not 100% mind you, but fairly dry). The roots just can't suck up the moisture fast at all at this point. Later, you can water more. What are your temps and RH? Too hot will also make them stretch. I think that you are on the right track with gently splining the small plants. Hang in there man.

-TF

A

anti

thanks for your reply :) temps are 70 humidity is around 70 I got the light closer now its 3" max away, if its not a concern about them getting hot I will lower it further. soon as my ratchet type light hangers get here from ebay I'm gonna put the big lights in there, or at least one for now.

J

JAHGYDI

i always put a fan on mine builds a stronger stem to hold them selfs up. and i always transplant into the deepest container i can for their tap root to grow deep. bury the plant in a bigger pot and leave to desired height.

A

anti

yes there is a fan blowing on them.... when should I transplant to 3gal pots?

A

anti

2 weeks at this point not sure when to transplant, hung the lights today when is safe to turn on the MH ?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

thanks for your reply :) temps are 70 humidity is around 70 I got the light closer now its 3" max away, if its not a concern about them getting hot I will lower it further. soon as my ratchet type light hangers get here from ebay I'm gonna put the big lights in there, or at least one for now.

3" is plenty close. Keep an eye on moisture in your media, and make sure that the leaves do not get browned up from over heat as well. 70-75F is definitely fine, and 70% RH is awesome for that stage.

yes there is a fan blowing on them.... when should I transplant to 3gal pots?

Gentle oscillating fan is good for this. You don't want to go right into 3 gal pots. I would do one more pot in between sizes as an intermediary container. That way you have good wet to dry cycles as the roots get to filling out the container. A 3 gal with very little roots in it will take forever to dry, and most likely will result in over moist media.

2 weeks at this point not sure when to transplant, hung the lights today when is safe to turn on the MH ?

You shouldn't think of going to a bigger container, till they at least first look good and healthy, with some more sets of leaves. Don't worry about exact timing. Plant health is the only important factor here. Then transplant to maybe like a one gallon for a couple of weeks at least, then into the 3's. Wait till you have the plants a bit healthier, or even when you transplant into the 1 gals to start em under the big lamp. Not that it wouldn't work right now at an elevated height, but the floro will be enough, and not waste as much juice in the time it takes to get those little seedlings healthier.

-TF

A

anti

Thanks TF you da man :) there was a tiny bit of browning on the tips of a couple of them not sure if that from the light or because i fed them a tiny bit of clonex... started ten more seeds today too since I lost like 5 or so.... learning a lot here quick :) dont know how many times i hit my fuckin head on my reflectors today cuz im not used to the huge lights hanging in there :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom