First Grow! Coco

• Thread starter Dayman100
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dayman100

Hello all nice to meet you! Long story short I'm finally in a position where I have a space to grow indoors. The grow room is a collaborative effort between two families in an attempt to grow all the meds that both families require.

I'm trying to get the cost of the entire grow priced out much like you would with a business plan, simply so I can have a basic knowledge of how much I'm looking at investing into this grow room before I jump in the deep end.

I know there will be trial and error and that it expected.

With all that being said I have searched everywhere trying to answer one question.

How much water does a plant grown in a 2-3 gallon pot in coco use in one day.

I plan on setting up a water reservoir running a drip feed to waste. 24 plants in total on 3 4x4 trays with three 1000 watt HP's lights..

I'll be using canna a&b primarily.

Again trying to figure out the size of reservoir, how much water per plant per day feeding twice a day so that I can I calculate cost of nutrients. I know that there is no exact amount but I'm looking for the best possible educated guess.

All the best and thank you for any help you can provide.

D

Dayman100

Another reason I really want to know is so I have a base line for setting my pumps up to run automatically

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Do you not think it would be more simple to run a good amended soil you don't have to feed nutes ?? Not being a hippie lmao or knocking coco it's great !! Just thinking those auto feeders are prone to ef ups and it doesn't hurt soil to be a little dry sometimes (more forgiving)

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Sorry I may not have given you the response you where looking for I'm not a coco guy:mushtache:.

Kepster

Kepster

Hello all nice to meet you! Long story short I'm finally in a position where I have a space to grow indoors. The grow room is a collaborative effort between two families in an attempt to grow all the meds that both families require.

I'm trying to get the cost of the entire grow priced out much like you would with a business plan, simply so I can have a basic knowledge of how much I'm looking at investing into this grow room before I jump in the deep end.

With all that being said I have searched everywhere trying to answer one question.

I plan on setting up a water reservoir running a drip feed to waste. 24 plants in total on 3 4x4 trays with three 1000 watt HP's lights..

Again trying to figure out the size of reservoir, how much water per plant per day feeding twice a day so that I can I calculate cost of nutrients. I know that there is no exact amount but I'm looking for the best possible educated guess.

Hey there Dayman,

Welcome to the farm! There are several variables that would determine how much your girls will drink, plant size, how much they transpire, etc.

I would suggest a 40gal tank (Plastic garbage cans are cheap alt) with a float valve and sump pump that you can either connect to plumbing or a hose with a watering wand. I have an additional tank that I keep straight RO in, for emergencies. That should be more than enough :)

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

so Many Variables .. to know how much your Plants will drink.. imo ,only way you'll know this is while in Process of growing them..

P

Pass2TheLeft

Good option run to waste a tip bro is have each plant run into a separate container for waste so you can measure the run off and ec for each individual plant.
That way if any feeders get blocked you can tell or any salt build ups in the medium it also lets you no each plants feeding requirements and you can adjust for each individual plant easily

P

Pass2TheLeft

Also if you run seprate waste containers for each plant if 1 plant gets a disease especially a root disease it does not pass through to your other plants this is where I think run to waste systems are far better than a recirculating system you can really take control over each individual plant

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Figuring cost and you got all your nutes figured except for water....

Let me give you the only good answer on the forums, the answer to all pot growing questions: It depends.

D

Dayman100

Also if you run seprate waste containers for each plant if 1 plant gets a disease especially a root disease it does not pass through to your other plants this is where I think run to waste systems are far better than a recirculating system you can really take control over each individual plant
Love it thank you!

Still looking for the best educated guess. Let's assume all the different variables are optimal.

Trying to figure out how much I'm going to spend on nutes

P

Pass2TheLeft

If your going to do big plants you will only need 3 plants. I veg for 4 weeks and grow 1 plant per 1000w light each plant covers a 4x4 area. 24 plants is far to many for a 60 day veg. Im in week 2 of flowering at the moment and my plants use 6 litres each plant per day with a 15% run off

D

Dayman100

If your going to do big plants you will only need 3 plants. I veg for 4 weeks and grow 1 plant per 1000w light each plant covers a 4x4 area. 24 plants is far to many for a 60 day veg. Im in week 2 of flowering at the moment and my plants use 6 litres each plant per day with a 15% run off
How big are your plants?

D

Dayman100

Here's the grow cycle I'm looking at 10-13 days in clonerclcl30 days in a 3x3 and 30 days in a two gallon pot, then onto flower in same 2 gallon pot

P

Pass2TheLeft

Takes me 7 days from when i take a cutting then i veg them till they fill a 4x4 space each pulling them over and keeping them low as possible takes 4 weeks then i 12/12 them im at day 16 12/12 atm

D

Dayman100

When I say big I'm I talking 5 feet - 6 feet tall at harvest

Inspired by this dudes plants and setup

Top Bottom