First Grow - Did I Diagnose correctly?

• Thread starter VADugin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What light is it and how close?

I know your gonna here ppl say it's not the light but let me explain why it ALWAYS the light when a plant is not doing well.

Light drives growth, increases the demands on plants etc.

Now it may not be to much light for a healthy plant but the ONLY thing you achieve by not reducing the light is to speed up the issue you are seeing as light drives the plant.

TLDR: when having issues the more light the faster they get worse. ALWAYS REDUCE light when seeing issues

Chem77

Chem77

What? 24 hr light? Good catch sir I didn't notice this.

Imo 24 hr light is not a good option and if anyone cares to share why it is I will gladly discuss it
Very first post, couple paragraphs down. I didn’t read the whole thread, so I was asking.

Mrb53

Mrb53

Sometimes growers do 24hr on auto flower plants but most still agree a REST period is best. I run auto with as little as 4 hrs sleep but kick them down to 18/6 schedule when I mix with photo period plants.
So, generally we dome (high rh) the seedlings, don't transplant until they have 3 to 4 nodes. Solo cups can then handle this until the plants are a foot tall..
I start in 36mm peat plugs, insert into 3" or solo cups and transplant somewhere around a month in after sprouting

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Im new too, BUT I can tell you what to avoid doing lol, DO NOT LST them anytime soon youll stress them more, keep lights backed off and maybe dim them a bit to try and slow nutrient uptake and growth until you fix the imbalance going on, dont foliar spray when lights are on you may damage leaves more, ABSOLUTELY consider PH as an issue and figure out how to correct that ASAP, distilled would be a good idea imo to stop adding nutes or minerals that arent required at the moment. I was seeing issues and flushed with some distilled and then yesterday bought a PUR plus water filter for my faucet and flushed again, Im going to do it 1 more time today until i see a slightly foggy but clearer run off to clean the soil and remove any build up of nutes and salts and then Ill add my own DILUTED inputs to feed the plant after it recovers from the excessive flushing. I already seen a difference in the plant BUT my baby wasnt as stressed out as yours so IDK how flushing would affect your plant. STRONGLY SUGGEST following 1 or 2 experienced growers advice and do exactly as they tell you and do not deviate from those instructions. My info above is just mistakes to avoid so you dont make the same mistakes I did. Once you correct this issue Ive learnied the less the better, do less, let it grow or as some say L.I.T.F.A. leave it the f**k alone.

Fyi...BirdLaw is not governed by reason!🦅

VADugin

VADugin

What light is it and how close?

I know your gonna here ppl say it's not the light but let me explain why it ALWAYS the light when a plant is not doing well.

Light drives growth, increases the demands on plants etc.

Now it may not be to much light for a healthy plant but the ONLY thing you achieve by not reducing the light is to speed up the issue you are seeing as light drives the plant.

TLDR: when having issues the more light the faster they get worse. ALWAYS REDUCE light when seeing issues
It’s an optic slim 320h
I have it at 30” above the top canopies set at 35% blue and 30% red (2 independent dimmer channels for red/blue both go to 100%)
I’ll check on a lux level

Still running 24 hour light? I couldn’t get away with it and LED’s.
I have been running 24 hour lights! I’ll setup the time and start giving them a rest period see if that helps.

Last edited:
VADugin

VADugin

Use distilled or RO water add 100ppm (not more) cal mag.

If the soil contains nutrients then add 50ppm cal mag and water. Do not PH just water.

Do a good wet dry cycle.

Anyone who tells you that you need to or can adjust you soil PH by phing you water is misinformed.

Adding something like aluminum sulfate yeah. Bit now ph down.

Make SURE they are getting a good wet dry cycle. Over watering is watering to often NOT TO MUCH AT ONE TIME.
Awesome I’ll cut back and strictly use 50ppm cal mg with my RO water.

I’ll keep an eye out on watering cycle, I think I mostly have it down to once every 3-4 days but did have an issue 1-2 weeks ago. Once the pots are light and soil is dry to first knuckle depth I water. I check in the AM on 3rd day and asses from there (AM/PM/wait)
each plants been taking just over a half gal of water to get to “saturated” without a lot of runoff.

VADugin

VADugin

Im new too, BUT I can tell you what to avoid doing lol, DO NOT LST them anytime soon youll stress them more, keep lights backed off and maybe dim them a bit to try and slow nutrient uptake and growth until you fix the imbalance going on, dont foliar spray when lights are on you may damage leaves more, ABSOLUTELY consider PH as an issue and figure out how to correct that ASAP, distilled would be a good idea imo to stop adding nutes or minerals that arent required at the moment. I was seeing issues and flushed with some distilled and then yesterday bought a PUR plus water filter for my faucet and flushed again, Im going to do it 1 more time today until i see a slightly foggy but clearer run off to clean the soil and remove any build up of nutes and salts and then Ill add my own DILUTED inputs to feed the plant after it recovers from the excessive flushing. I already seen a difference in the plant BUT my baby wasnt as stressed out as yours so IDK how flushing would affect your plant. STRONGLY SUGGEST following 1 or 2 experienced growers advice and do exactly as they tell you and do not deviate from those instructions. My info above is just mistakes to avoid so you dont make the same mistakes I did. Once you correct this issue Ive learnied the less the better, do less, let it grow or as some say L.I.T.F.A. leave it the f**k alone.

Fyi...BirdLaw is not governed by reason!🦅
Thanks for the input! Good to know I may end up flushing as my run off has been an amber color.

Here’s a video of what they are lookin like today! I’ll end up watering later this evening and swapping to 18/6

thank you everyone for the input! Appreciate all of it

Last edited:
Mrb53

Mrb53

Thanks for the input! Good to know I may end up flushing as my run off has been an amber color.

Here’s a video of what they are lookin like today! I’ll end up watering later this evening and swapping to 18/6

trim off the leaves that show Mg issues, there will not recover, check NEW GROWTH...If you have too much Ca, it will lock Mg...too much Mg will lock Ca. If you are using cal/mag, you can use it as a foliar spray for 2/3 day response where it takes 7-10 days to see soil response

Chem77

Chem77

It’s an optic slim 320h
I have it at 30” above the top canopies set at 35% blue and 30% red (2 independent dimmer channels for red/blue both go to 100%)
I’ll check on a lux level

I have been running 24 hour lights! I’ll setup the time and start giving them a rest period see if that helps.
Your problems will go away with 18/6.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It’s an optic slim 320h
Why did you choose those numbers on your blue and red?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plants perform different process during photosynthesis and the Calvin cycle.... a dark period while not absolutely needed under low light is very important under hmid to high light and beneficial even in low light.

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Yw broski. Write all the steps you take into a notebook and keep close watch after each thing you do so that you train your eye to see whats worked and more importantly whats f**ked shit up so you dont make same mistakes. The bros above like Aqua Man Numb and Chem are better to listen to then our inexperienced intuition and guessing lol

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Forgot, theres 1 more step to saving the plants, its imperative you play justin beibers new album on full blast for 18/6 if you wanna resolve the calmag issue.

Birdlaw isnt governed by reason🦅

wallywonks

wallywonks

Use distilled or RO water add 100ppm (not more) cal mag.

If the soil contains nutrients then add 50ppm cal mag and water. Do not PH just water.

Do a good wet dry cycle.

Anyone who tells you that you need to or can adjust you soil PH by phing you water is misinformed.

Adding something like aluminum sulfate yeah. Bit now ph down.

Make SURE they are getting a good wet dry cycle. Over watering is watering to often NOT TO MUCH AT ONE TIME.
I'm on my first grow and I have been ph my water from 8.4 to 6.5-6.7. I havent had any issues with pH lockouts and my plants are thriving still. My runoff is below 6pH. Not using RO water either. My tap water is 170ppm.

Next time I water later today Im going to use the pH pen to test the water runoff but I dont like having too much since im growing organically want the nutes to stay in. All my plants are now in flower. Although due to genetics they are in different flowering stages. The 2 skunks are photos and they are in same flowering week. I used 1/3 Fox Farm Ocean Forest at bottom and 2/3 Fox Farm Happy Frog in top layer. Just used Dr Earth 2 times, 1 Epsom Salt watering and topped with EWC 2 times. I used Incredible Bulk 2 weeks ago when the Skunks were in preflower and have to wait for the last 3 weeks to feed them more.
Im 1-2 weeks away from harvest on the runt White Widow Auto.

One WW Auto is 21" the other is 37". The one skunk I fimmed is 39" and the other skunk i topped is 24".

250339613 414030376966070 578053185931094119 n
250546386 838306426844502 1370262065867479545 n
251549038 1066793867486190 2684221596049783196 n
250247625 604119194342104 8456314105703313973 n
251376727 234695331979792 3271072956909913771 n
251432626 193980359548841 1530819714071875610 n
251586563 575718317041175 2238013449765750894 n
251467576 1046068152878526 5653989139683927950 n
Top Bottom