First Grow, Do my Chem 4 clones look ok or sick?

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DazedNconfussed

Thanks Jansjukebox.....its work, but its fun work....

I probly should start a new thread for a grow log, woud be nice to keep track of my progress....plus get feedback as a bonus.....

So Now I have my babies on 15ml botanicare cns17 grow and 5ml of botanicare Cal-Mag per gallon. Ill up the GROW nute next week to full strength (30ml per gallon). I also have botanicare cns17 bloom I will use once in veg and some Botanicare Ripe for later in veg (container says to use it last 3 weeks, does that sound correct).

I am looking to keep this first grow simple yet productive (who isnt). Are there any additives that anyone recomends to help with yeild and resin production that will work ok with my current line of nutes?

S

saltr

I'm with CNS17 as well and can find that the 30ml veg full-dose can be a bit much for some of my children, i'd recommend trying 20-25ml with corrective doses as needed. You can also think about ditching the CNS bloom and ripe perhaps; i've gotten much better flowers using PureBlend Pro in flower. For most strains, mixing the CNS grow with PBP flower at 1:1 works well for the first week or so, followed by just PBP. I'd recommend KoolBloom as a P/K enhancer (liquid then dry--although some just use the liquid) along with some blackstrap molasses. While some people nuke their flowers with nectars and other synthetics, i find that all this bud often come out with a similar taste instead of truly reflecting their genetics.

D

DazedNconfussed

Anyone know what can be casuing this condition on the leafs? Its hard to seein that pic but on the tips of some leafs it gets yellow to brown.

IMGP2566
D

DazedNconfussed

i think it may be related to not running cal-mag but it was only for a couple days I didnt have any.........

P

PureSugar

Did you ever lower your light? The leafs look a little bleached. If you haven't lowered your light yet I would double check your PH. And yes adding Cal-Mag is a good idea too. One last thing... they looked still over watered.

D

DazedNconfussed

yeah i have my light down at 2' above the top....Should I raise it...and could i be over watering? I am only giving them 1 cup of water a day......but the bottoms are also getting a little water out of the rez....

D

DazedNconfussed

also, i was checking the PH's every day and they have been between 6-6.5....I dont have a digital PPM or PH meter yet....just one of them chemical PH checkers till I get the digital checkers next weekend.

sdgrower

sdgrower

They look a little overwatered. Is the rockwool cube in water?

In my experience Chemdog #4 will grow around 150% in flowering. I fim them, then top them and flip at around 13" - 15". She will finish between 34" - 36".
I use coco, r/o water and pure blend pro grow plus the following additives: Liquid Karma, Cal Mag, Nitrozyme and Genesis in veg.
Your growth will be much faster in DWC so...

Good luck bro! Chemdog #4 smokes really nice and is worth the wait.

Cheers!

D

DazedNconfussed

well I did try fim'ing 2 over my taller clones but hell it was hard to even find the leaf bud......so I cut 2/3 off what looked like a little leaf bud......maybe I should try and take a pics......

M

mysophilia

also, i was checking the PH's every day and they have been between 6-6.5....I dont have a digital PPM or PH meter yet....just one of them chemical PH checkers till I get the digital checkers next weekend.

Your ph is to high.. Never let your ph get above 6 if your runnin hydro

P

PureSugar

yeah i have my light down at 2' above the top....Should I raise it...and could i be over watering? I am only giving them 1 cup of water a day......but the bottoms are also getting a little water out of the rez....

Yep raise it back up until you get the other issues worked out. It doesn't really matter the amount of water you're giving them...the real issue is that the roots need oxygen and unless you let the growing medium dry out enough to allow oxygen to get to the roots they're gonna rot. DWC works because the water is oxygenated so the roots can remain wet and still get oxygen.

Chemical PH strips work it just doesn't give you an exact value... I would drop the PH into the 5.5 - 5.9 range. Also since you forgot to ph soak your hydrotron it will probably take a few days for the PH level @ the roots to get to the PH level of the water.

One more thing... I would add Liquid Karma to your nute mix it works well with other botanicare products.

Keep us posted

D

DazedNconfussed

Liquid Karma...Ive heard of it, whats its purpose?

Allright I raised the light to about 3' (up 1' from before), and just fed them again...still feeding them about half strength....have the water ph'ed around 5.5...I know the PH is above 5 and below 6.....cant wait to get a digital PHmeter......

Got to tell you all im getting really fustrated, they have browned and yellowed a little more........I feel like im messing it all up and going to kill them....

Anyways...I didnt water at all today, last watering was yesterday....so I geuss ill just lay off watering for a few days....the bottom of the hydro baskets are about an inch into the water, but im pretty sure the rockwool isnt in the water....cant wait till the roots pop through so I dont have to worry about watering.....

P

PureSugar

Liquid Karma...Ive heard of it, whats its purpose?

I forgot you are using CNS17 not PBP Liquid Karma might not be as important as it mostly helps with the uptake of organic nutes.

Anyhow here's the description from their site:
Designed by a Ph.D. Plant Physiologist, Liquid Karma represents a significant breakthrough in plant nutrition. Liquid Karma Contains a full complement of metabolically active and organic compounds that are not found in regular plant foods or supplements. These unique compounds are absorbed immediately and act as catalysts to produce accelerated growth under all conditions. With increased metabolic rates, Liquid Karma ensures optimal plant growth, healthy rooting and protection from transplant shock.

Liquid Karma does work well with Cal-Mag

D

DazedNconfussed

do these clones look small at 6"-8" for being about a month old since cloned? I have ready people say their plants grow 1" per day (has to be exagerated)....mine grew 0.5"-1" in the last week....allthough they did get there roots a little tore up due to oaksterdam being cheap a$$'s and panting 6 clones in 5" cubes........

also any opinions on what the plant height should be before putting them in flower.....i was thinking 18"....i have enough height that they could in theory grow 5' tall but im not sure how bushy Chemdog #4 gets........especialy after fim'ing or topping......

P

PureSugar

I'm gonna throw something out here to think about...

Your clones have so far had about as stressful life as possible. That being said they can be nursed back to health but it's gonna take some time. Young plants take awhile to recover from stress as they don't have the energy from other parts of the plant to use for new growth. New fresh healthy clones will out grow your current babies.

You may want to consider if you have the funds for it getting new clones that come in their own containers and I think you'll end up ahead all around faster to finish and better yeild.

Maybe replace a few clones and grow them side by side as an experiment.

And yes plants can easily grow MORE than an 1" a day.

D

DazedNconfussed

I really dont want to throw them out, funds are low low.....geuss ill just stick it out ancd do the bestI can to get them back and healthy and avoid oaksterdammm clones in the future.....

D

DazedNconfussed

one more thing, my temps range daily from 63 degree's with light off to 73 degree's with light on, humidity 50% with light off, 40% with the light on.......sound normal?

D

DazedNconfussed

I took these pics today, its been about 5 days since the last ones were taken.....just an update in case anyone has any advice....i took a side pic and top of each........

Plant 1
Plant 1 top
Plant 2
Plant 2 top
Plant 3
Plant 3 top
Plant 4
Plant 4 top
Plant 5
Plant 5 top
Plant 6
Plant 6 top