First grow, ever, of anything.

• Thread starter ThisGuy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThisGuy420

ThisGuy420

Should I trim these girls or should I just let them go? The stalks are very thick and the nodes seems bunched up. I'm sure that's my fault. Theres all the same, Gold leaf.

First grow ever of anything
First grow ever of anything 2
ThisGuy420

ThisGuy420

In my opinion it’s good to have the bottoms a bit cleared up so the oxygen can really get under the plant , you can cut some of the bottom leaves and bud sites off that you feel won’t make it to the end of your process.

Thanks, I did plan to pull off the big fan leaves at the bottom.

RR1

RR1

Thanks, I did plan to pull off the big fan leaves at the bottom.
IMHO, they look really good for now. Take a few large, lower leaves off if you want. From here I would let them go until week 4 of flower, then I go medievel on them and take the leaves and willy weed buds off the bottom third or less of the branches. Give them a good feeding after a major haircut. Anything that will not produce should be taken off. After that, let them grow. I basically don't take off shit after week 4 in flower when I'm growing individual plants. In a scrog I am always picking leaves here and there.
Looking good, just keep them healthy, and stay on feeding schedule.
Good luck,
RR1

ThisGuy420

ThisGuy420

IMHO, they look really good for now. Take a few large, lower leaves off if you want. From here I would let them go until week 4 of flower, then I go medievel on them and take the leaves and willy weed buds off the bottom third or less of the branches. Give them a good feeding after a major haircut. Anything that will not produce should be taken off. After that, let them grow. I basically don't take off shit after week 4 in flower when I'm growing individual plants. In a scrog I am always picking leaves here and there.
Looking good, just keep them healthy, and stay on feeding schedule.
Good luck,
RR1
Thanks, really appreciate the info.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Thanks for the comment, I've been second guessing myself a lot.
I've been doing growing for ..... a long time, I second guess myself every day :) I wish things moved faster, that would give you more chances at success or failure, but you can't speed up this plant. So it's all about patience... le sigh. You're on the right path, a keen observer of the plants usually winds up with the wisdom.

ThisGuy420

ThisGuy420

Put up the net, 1ft from top of bucket. Might wait another week to flip, or should I just lower the net and flip?

Also, seems like my runt has outgrown the pot, roots are coming out the bottom. What happens if I just leave it in that pot?
Will it stop growing and die?
Can I keep it in veg indefinitely in that pot, and keep it as a bonsai?
Can I flip is it also, will it have room to flower?
I dont plan to run soil at all, and I'm not sure what to do with it now.

20201106 072855
20201106 072845
20201106 072948
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I would remove all of the bottom growth again about a week to 10 days into flower. If you do that it cuts down on the larf and let's the plant focus on making top bud sites swell.

ThisGuy420

ThisGuy420

Should I cut the fan leaves at the bottom? The top is getting bad too, but I'm insistent on leaving them alone. They don't look to stretching yet.
I just flipped them over the weekend and don't want to shock them. Also, they didn't drink anything tonight, whereas the usually drink a gal or so. I did have a ph spike to 6.1 yesterday, so I add some ph down. Got it back to 5.8, but again they didn't drink anything all night, (lights on). Should I be worried?

20201118 063604
20201118 063556
20201118 063550
Top Bottom