First grow ever

• Thread starter zDisturbedz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zDisturbedz

Hello all. First off I am a Colorado MMJ Patient/Caregiver growing for the first time. Current grow will be nine plants in veg and then rotate to flower and then nine more in veg for an 18 plant legal plant total. Sorry for the bad pics took them with my droid over the past couple of weeks to track progress. I finally started a grow diary for advice and input on things that I may need to change. Thanks all and I am looking forward to getting some feedback.

Current strain grow list.

1 Blueberry (4 weeks into veg)
1 Bubblegum (4 weeks into veg)
1 Jack Herrer (4 weeks into veg)
1 Pineapple Skinny (4 weeks into veg)
1 Super Silver Haze (4 weeks into veg)

1 Ak-47 (2 weeks into veg)
1 Top 44 (2 weeks into veg)
1 Medibud (2 weeks into veg)

1 Trainwreck (almost ready to switch to 12-12)
1 Purple Diesel (almost ready to switch to 12-12)

These first pics are from day #1 when I brought home the Blueberry, Jack Herrer, Pineapple Skinny, and Super Silver Haze. This will be a soil grow using perlite and Ocean Forest mix. Vegging under a Radiant 6" 600W Metal Halide setup.

First grow ever
First grow ever 2
First grow ever 3
First grow ever 4
First grow ever 5
Z

zDisturbedz

Here are some pics about a week and a half after I bought my first 5 clones. I added 4 more plants into the mix. The strains were.

1 Big Bud
1 Medibud
1 Ak-47
1 Top 44

Right away the Big Bud showed signs of stress and I tried to nurse it back but gave up on it just the other day.

Z

zDisturbedz

Here are some pics of the garden at about 3 and a half weeks in. The 5 original clones are doing great. The three newer ones are slow to take shape but are showing signs of improvement. The Big Bud on the other hand is not doing well and I put it into my clone room under a T-5 and to isolate it from the rest of the garden.

Z

zDisturbedz

Thursday night I bought two 4 foot tall plants still in veg to flip into flower to get a flower cycle under my belt before the others grow to my desired height. The plants I bought were 1 Purple Diesel and 1 Trainwreck. Here are some pictures of the garden now. Also, I noticed some fungus grow on the big bud that was in quarantine so I got rid of it.

Also took a couple clippings from the new plants and trying my hand at cloning them in case I really like the strains and want to keep growing them. My last batch of clippings didn't come out so good so I started over using better techniques that I searched for on the boards. Keeping my fingers crossed that this time will have much better results.

Also you will notice that the second plant in the picture (I believe it is the Trainwreck) has some rather limp branches. Do you think it is stress from the move and transplant into the 7 gallon buckets? Anyway I plan on keeping it in veg until it improves. I gave it some water this morning, so we will see what happens. The other plant is good so I moved it into the grow room this morning for 24 hours of darkness before I flip the switch on the 1k.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

That's your first grow. Wow. Can't wait to see your second. How's the purp d. Never burned that before.

Z

zDisturbedz

That's your first grow. Wow. Can't wait to see your second. How's the purp d. Never burned that before.

Too early to tell really I have only had it a few days. I got a deal from a follower MMJ patient here in Colorado that had to move from his house to another location and could not bring his grow with him. So, I picked up a mature 4 foot tall Purple Diesel and the Trainwreck from him. Seeing how this is my first grow I wanted to get a couple plants that were already mature enough to flower. The thought being that I could get a smaller grow cycle under my belt before the 5 really bushy plants I have now are ready to flower. I figured 2 plants were going to be easier to manage at first then the 8 that I have that will be ready at the same time.

I took into account that I will make some mistakes my first time out and it would be easier to correct with only 2 plants. Judging by the growth on the plants I got the other day he was growing for stretch and not bushy plants like what I am working on achieving. At least I get to see right away the benefits and disadvantages to growing both ways without having to drastically change my equipment setup in the Veg Room.

Sorry for the rant :sign0023: and back to the original question. I guess I will have to wait the 50-55 day flower cycle on the Purple D to give you more info on it. And even then I can only comment on how the flower cycle went because I didn't start it early as a seed or small clone.

L

l0g1c4l

Hey disturbed, the garden is looking good. Though I noticed the stress you had in your early stages and IMO it looks like heat stress from the light being too close for such young plants. You're doing great tho, happy farming!

Z

zDisturbedz

Hey disturbed, the garden is looking good. Though I noticed the stress you had in your early stages and IMO it looks like heat stress from the light being too close for such young plants. You're doing great tho, happy farming!

That is what I figured. Plus I had an over watering issue as well. I solved the heating issue by adding in the 8" Can Fan that is also going to be cooling my 1k's in the grow room, as well as pumping in some cooler air from outside the room and pushing it with an Inline 6" booster fan. My basement is great for cooler temps both summer and winter.

I think I have worked out the initial mistakes and I am learning from the mistakes that I have made. All the research and planning in the world can not fully prepare you for this IMO. I read the Cannabis Grow Bible and Marijuana Growers Handbook as well as hours and hours of forum searching before starting this. While this gave me a strong basic idea of growing I am finding out pretty quickly that it is not as easy as growing a "weed". Lots of trial and error involved in the early going.

But, I am enjoying myself with the new found hobby and look forward to checking on the girls everyday.

Z

zDisturbedz

Hello fellow farmers. This morning I was able to flip the switch to 12-12 on one of the new girls I got just the other day. Here are some pics of her that I snapped seconds before the ballast fired up. Due to the fact that I was not personally there to pic up the girls I am unsure which strain this one is. It is either Trainwreck or the Purple Diesel. Anyone have a trained enough eye to tell me or is it going to be one of those things where I have to wait to see?

Z

zDisturbedz

Here are some updated pics from this morning on the girls that are in my veg. I am seeing signs that the other plant I got the other day is getting over the stress from the move and transplant. The leaves and nodes are starting to recover and are not so limp. Guess just a small shot of nutes and some water did the trick to make her happier again. I am hoping that within the next couple of days I will be able to flip her over to 12-12 with the other one.

Z

zDisturbedz

Hey farmers I have a question and after searching could not really find a good enough answer for this situation. I am getting a sprout in the soil with my AK-47. Is this common or uncommon when dealing with clones? Should I wait it out for awhile before transplanting it to its own container? Currently it is in a 3 gallon container with the AK. Here is a pic of the sprout. Again sorry if its a bad pic using my Droid to snap these pics.

J

John Smith Esq.

unless you put that sprout there yourself then it aint cannabis!!! sorry buddy but plants dont grow new plants without either seeds or cuttings. Plus that doesn't look like a cannabis plant to me, probably a grass seed that was in the soil already, it does happen.

excellent set up for a first grow btw, your doing some strains from my to do list so ill be along for the ride on this one.

Where did you get your bubblegum from just out of interest?

Good Growing
:banana1sv6:

Z

zDisturbedz

unless you put that sprout there
yourself then it aint cannabis!!! sorry buddy but plants dont grow new plants without either seeds or cuttings. Plus that doesn't look like a cannabis plant to me, probably a grass seed that was in the soil already, it does happen.

excellent set up for a first grow btw, your doing some strains from my to do list so ill be along for the ride on this one.

Where did you get your bubblegum from just out of interest?

Good Growing
:banana1sv6:

Ok will pluck that out tonight when I get home. Some sage bushs sprout new growth to the top from roots that run off didn't know if cannibas did the same. Thanks for the compliment on the setup. Had some funds to work with and building materials so I figured I would try and do it as best as I could to ease the learning curve.

As for the bubblegum I purchased it as a clone from a dispensary in Loveland, CO.

Z

zDisturbedz

Ok all got some new pics for you. Been a crazy week for me with covering for my boss at work and then coming home and tending to the garden. Was able to grab some new pics a couple days this week to keep track of the progress.

Earlier in the week I removed the Trainwreck from veg and gave it 24 hours of darkness and then threw it into 12-12. These are the pics from the day after it was on the 12-12 schedule. So, I have 1 Purple Diesel and one Trainwreck flowering right now. Sorry for the bad pics still perfecting the art of taking good pics.

Z

zDisturbedz

Here are some pics of the plants that are still in veg. These pics were taking on the 25th. The garden is looking strong and some of the younger plants are almost to the point where I want to top them. Hopefully by early next week they will have filled out enough for me to make the cut.

Z

zDisturbedz

After taking some pics and looking over the plants for pests etc., I decided to rotate them around so the younger plants could benefit from some more light. Here is what the garden looked like after I did some relocating.

Z

zDisturbedz

Thursday night I ran across two OG Kush plants that were already 3 weeks into bloom that were pest and disease free and the guy cut me a deal on both plants. I decided to take them off his hands and brought them home. To be on the safe side I sprayed them down with Neem oil and isolated them for a day from the rest of the garden to make sure. Here are some pics after I rotated them into the flower room with the Trainwreck and Purple Diesel. So, right now with what I have in flower, bloom, and some clones that I am trying to root I am right at my legal allowed limit.

C

caesar5000

wow nice pick that's quite a list your doing a great job for your first grow good luck

Z

zDisturbedz

wow nice pick that's quite a list your doing a great job for your first grow good luck

Thanks. Just got my first batch of clones to show roots and have transplanted them into cozy new soil homes. I was able to get 3 Trainwrecks and 1 Purple Diesel to root so far. The others are doing well just have not seen any roots popping out of the jiffy pellets yet. Hopefully in the next week or so the others will catch up. Will try and get some pics maybe tomorrow.

Z

zDisturbedz

Just an update. I got some clones to pop roots. So far I have been able to get 3 trainwrecks, 1 purple diesel, and 1 blueberry to root and I have transplanted them into soil homes.

Top Bottom