First grow feminized photos

• Thread starter Radar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Radar

Radar

Hi farmers,

This is my first time growing. I really appreciate this helpful kind community where everyone is very supportive and generous with their knowledge.

I have had good success with house plants so hopefully that gets me somewhere with what I am trying to do. Which is of course big yield, awesome flower, and no stress or problems. 🤣🤣🤣

The strains I am growing are Nuken, Black Diamond and Green Crack.

I'll be growing in dirt, a mix of fox farm ocean forest, happy frog and starting the germinated seeds in dutch treat starter mix.

Final pots are 10gal fabric.

Lights I'm using are 2 Mars hydro ts3000s.

Grow space is 4x8 tent.

I'll be using remo nutrients.

My plan is to veg these girls a while to make a big SCRoG to fill the space. Hence the large pots and photo period seeds.

Seeds went into wet paper towel in open ziplock bags April 3rd. I keep them in a cupboard next to the dishwasher where they get nice and warm since it runs daily. This is where I've germinated several avocados using the same method.

I purchased the tent on amazon and it will arrive on Tuesday so no pictures of the setup yet.

Radar

Radar

2 Nuken seeds sprouted April 5th after 2 days. I planted them a couple cm into dutch treat starting mix. I then sprayed them down with water and put them under my aerogarden for now since their home isn't ready

The LED just warms the soil slightly, I think this aerogarden would make a good starter especially for a hydro grow.

Of the 3 bags of seed I started these were in the driest of the paper towels so I opened the bags up more on the other two and will check tomorrow evening/afternoon.

20200405 191153
MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome to the farm! Enjoy here!

Radar

Radar

Woke up and checked the seed cups. #1 had a root poking out about 2 cm. Crazy! I just gently scooped a pinch of her up and turned her around as gently as I could. I must have put the seed in upside down. 😁

Very happy with using my little aerogarden for starting the seedlings. Seems like a good amount of warmth at the soil. I wrapped the cups with cellophane for a greenhouse effect.

Now checking seeds for roots. Green Crack is out and looks like she wants to join the others in the aerogarden. I put her in the same soil as the other two following the same method.

20200406 113204

20200406 113240

Black diamond looks like it is just peeking out of the seed so I put her back until tomorrow.

20200406 113433

I moved this hydroponic wildflower to the back row to fit the 3 girls. Shes been in the aero garden 90 days.

20200406 113542

Amazon changed the delivery of the tent, so I'll be setting that up later today!

Radar

Radar

It was a decent amount of wrestling around with my not super high basement ceiling and some humming and hawing over the final location but we finally got it pieced together.

20200406 180514

I put everything together with the exception of my vent fan which has not arrived. The two marshydro ts3000s put off enough heat that without proper ventilation I was climbing above 30C so I put a couple clip fans into two roof holes and added some air in at the bottom.

20200406 210340

20200406 201131

I've just been working on getting the temperature and humidity stabilized with lights on.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
I put everything together with the exception of my vent fan which has not arrived. The two marshydro ts3000s put off enough heat that without proper ventilation I was climbing above 30C so I put a couple clip fans into two roof holes and added some air in at the bottom.
Nice setup, keep good ventilation, the TS3000 won't overheat, also can take the drivers off the LED panel.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Suggest that you cover those translucent cups with tape etc. Roots hate light. Next time colored solo cups with drainage holes punched in the bottem will serve you better. If you really need to see the roots for some reason, you can put the translucent cup into an opaque solo cup and get the best from both worlds. Then just lift up the translucent cup.....observe and then replace into the opaque cup.

Radar

Radar

Last night the last of the seeds rooted in the wet paper towel. I now have everything in cups. I followed Buzzer's advice and made a drain cup inside a solid color cup. Thanks for that sir.

20200407 102252

20200407 102305

Climate controlling the tent is making me nuts and I won't have the time off after waiting 8 days for Amazon to bring the extraction fan I ordered. I'm going to pick up a 6" from the local hydro shop. If that doesn't control it I will try mounting the LED drivers outside of the tent.

Heat wasn't something I expected to have issues with since my location is fully climate controlled (heat and AC) and is in the basement to boot.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Last night the last of the seeds rooted in the wet paper towel. I now have everything in cups. I followed Buzzer's advice and made a drain cup inside a solid color cup. Thanks for that sir.

View attachment 958440
View attachment 958441

Climate controlling the tent is making me nuts and I won't have the time off after waiting 8 days for Amazon to bring the extraction fan I ordered. I'm going to pick up a 6" from the local hydro shop. If that doesn't control it I will try mounting the LED drivers outside of the tent.

Heat wasn't something I expected to have issues with since my location is fully climate controlled (heat and AC) and is in the basement to boot.
A pleasure..I further suggest that you pick up the inner cup once in a while and dump any water remaining in the outer cup, to avoid roots sitting in water too long.

Anthem

Anthem

The LED's do make heat just not as much at HPS or CMH. Mounting the driver outside the tent will provide a small offset. You need to run the room hotter with LED's. I run at 82 degrees. The reason has to do with the light not generating heat on the leaf surface. If that is a 4 x 8 tent a 6" fan should be fine for removing hot air from the room. Mount the inlet for the exhaust fan as high up in the tent as you can. Hot air rises so you will get the most bang for your buck that way. You will also need a way of bring air into the tent because leaving the flap open can be an issues with light leaks during lights off. You can consider using static ducting to make up for the air being removed by the exhaust fan. You will need substantially larger ducting in you are going to use static ducting for intake. Something like 2 1/2 times the square inches of the exhaust fan. When you get the intake and exhaust flow correct the walls of the tent will not suck in.

Radar

Radar

I got the fan mounted up and drawing out at the top. I went with a 6" hurricane 435cfm. I now see on my temp and humidity chart the temperature seems to be curving over a lot sooner than with my dinky dink clip fans jammed into the tents air ports.

The tent is now visibly sucked in and is drawing from the 4" inlet. I still have a variable speed 6" fan coming. I intend to use the variable speed as a constant suction on the tent and this fan as a control.

20200407 162216

Temperature seems to be stabilized around 27.5C Humidity 40%.

Also my green crack seed looks to have broken ground.

Anthem

Anthem

The only bummer about the tent walls sucking in is that you lose some square footage. If that is a problem you will need to add more inlet air.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I got the fan mounted up and drawing out at the top. I went with a 6" hurricane 435cfm. I now see on my temp and humidity chart the temperature seems to be curving over a lot sooner than with my dinky dink clip fans jammed into the tents air ports.

The tent is now visibly sucked in and is drawing from the 4" inlet. I still have a variable speed 6" fan coming. I intend to use the variable speed as a constant suction on the tent and this fan as a control.

View attachment 958581

Temperature seems to be stabilized around 27.5C Humidity 40%.

Also my green crack seed looks to have broken ground.
More RH..like 50-55% in seedling/veg imo.

Anthem

Anthem

Make some PVC braces for the sides..
🙂
This is going to sound like shit but anyways all my posts do. You can make donkey dicks, that is what we called them. We would get like 10" flexable ducting, not the shitty stuff on Amazon but the multi layer stuff with black inside. The shitty stuff on Amazon had holes in it and will transfer light. Hang a couple of them at one end of the grow and the fan at the other. By hanging them down to about 24" off the ground you will get cool air and the tent walls will not suck in. It would be even better if you could just bend them around and enter the tent from the floor, but no more Donkey Dicks hanging off the side of the tent. HA HA !!!!!!!!!

Radar

Radar

More RH..like 50-55% in seedling/veg imo.

Yes - I need to get that humidity up some more. Its stabilized at 41ish lights and fans on. I have little humidifier running in there but it's not really cutting it.

My thoughts were to maybe more humid air. Maybe draw in from a bucket with wet sponges or pick up another/more substantial humidifier.

Radar

Radar

Here's what I came up with as a passive humidifier.

20200407 200912

Just old clean rags in a kitty litter pail I drilled a hole in and watered. This is where the air will be pulled in from.

Will see what this does for us.

Radar

Radar

Decided I would put the work in and convert all the temperatures to F for anyone looking on more familiar with it.

Overnight low temperature 20.5C/68.9F
Overnight high 22.4C/72.3F

Screenshot 20200408 080616 My AcuRite

The temperature controller successfully operated the space heater 9 times to keep it in those ranges. This is about a 6C temperature difference from when the lights were on.

Since there is no extraction at night humidity soared as soon as the temperature dropped. It remained constantly between 77 and 78 RH.

Screenshot 20200408 080633 My AcuRite

I have not disturbed the room yet, curious as it is now 2 hours into lights on and the room remains cooler and more humid than yesterday.

Top Bottom