First grow, first diary. We are In Utero.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SC69

SC69

Supporter
I believe it would take a very large plant to outgrow a 7 gl pot indoors. Just my 2 cents.
Maybe “rootbound” is the wrong question. It’s not all that actively growing, although the flowers are getting larger. It’s not dying. So I just looked up something and it said it as a possibility. I just don’t know. Genetics? Like I said, one sister is just too big for her britches the whole time, and one is pretty on track with the other strains. It’s so much shorter and leaves small. Maybe it’s fine and I’m paranoid. I can see it’s not outgrown it. I likely made a bunch of mistakes as with living soil, a small pot can present issues. The tall sister is in the same size pot though. That’s the confusion.

Thank you!!

grnmtn

grnmtn

Your roots have not outgrown a 7 gallon pot at the size they are at. They seem fine.

stp

stp

You are right of course, the evaporative just did a better job, under the conditions I have it in, and I need to make some adjustments. Keeping the door closed for one. There’s a cat door, with the flap off but the closure is worn and it easily pops and cracks open, apparently enough to affect this unit. It’s still in a room not even half the size it’s for. I was wrong. It’s rated 400, not 900. Even if I had the room, I don’t really want it inside. I have pics somewhere. I’ll post it. Empty & with ladies. I can take another if I can’t find it.

The 5x5 tent is in a 150sq’ room with 7’ ceilings, only in the center as half the rooms wall is slanted etc. I’m running the PhotonTek X600p, an 8” AC infinity exhaust system (fan, filter, silencer). It’s too big but when told to factor everything in, a 6” appeared it would have to run close to high all the time. This doesn’t. I now know I could have used the 6” without problem and save a couple inches of headroom in the process. This runs at 4-5 on lights up and 2 for down. I had it on 6 but did think it was overkill.

The thing works, just not how I expected. It is better than the noise of that other contraption. In the next place I’ll have more control because it will be a dedicated spot. This couldn’t be.

thanks
I run AC 6” in a 4x4 thats 7’-6” tall and most of the time it’s on 2-4 max….sucks tent in almost too much if I go any higher.

stp

stp

You’re right, and it’s what I needed to realize. I have in the last 6/7 weeks developed new eyes & ears, and way to process what they take in. A little cryptic (probably not, haha) but what they see & hear now is much better than it has been in a long time.
✌️❤️🎼

On an exciting (for me) note, I have decided to semi retire from my lifetime concert obsession. This summer marks the 39th year without parents or family friend etc. Obsession started young, being dragged (lovingly and so thankfully) to festivals & shows and seeing images of Woodstock. It’s all been a big part of my identity. Dad “forgot us” 🙄. I mean, pretty decent decision for that dude, at that time since I was only 6 weeks old, but come on man. WTF! I’d have been fine. Let’s not really be fooled that my safety was the concern 🤣🤣.

40 years would be better but when I saw the new pricing, refund/insurance policies etc, it’s just too much for this old bird, who used to just walk in and out and have a blast to have to deal with. It’s robbery in plain site.

Told my concert partner we will cut it way back and do lawn seats for select shows after this summer. I’ll still go to some. There are bands I want to see again, and venues I want to be in again, but that will come over a couple years. I told her, this summer we have to go back to Bethel. The same bands play the two spots (Saratoga too) and SPAC is our backyard but it’s only 2 hours to Bethel. I just pulled up the schedule to pick one…..and I saw, on August 21, a week after the 53rd anniversary, Santana is playing Bethel. They played Woodstock unsigned and unknown and he became a superstar. From that spot. I’m ending it there. It’s kind of spiritual for me there, and it’s friggin Santana. (Weirdo). I know this has nothing to do with our topics. I’m just excited which is strange because I’m ending an era. Obsession is the word. I live in the middle of 4 major venues, 2.5 hours from 3 stadiums etc. I’ve driven, taken the train, been in a dirty VW bus, and flown. It’s over 420 shows in the 39 years. That’s what’s ending. In really cool, very me style. 😎

if you got here….thank you! Haha
I got full camping and (4) day passes for Skull & Roses in Ventura this April! That’s where the Qabbage will be for debut!

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I run AC 6” in a 4x4 thats 7’-6” tall and most of the time it’s on 2-4 max….sucks tent in almost too much if I go any higher.
Mine only sucks in if I close the vents. The 8” at speed 5. 6 didn’t suck it in either but it’s overkill. I’ve solved the problem of the open vents and passive intake with boxes. Haha. I also put the humidifier in the tent. Whatever it takes. Since I now need less, and know it works, I’ll probably take it out again. Haha.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I got full camping and (4) day passes for Skull & Roses in Ventura this April! That’s where the Qabbage will be for debut!
See, that’s what I mean about it not being totally “over.” There are a bunch of venues out your way I NEED to say goodbye too (weirdo). Red Rocks and a few across the country. It will be a few years but the obsession and “need” to be there, even for the 15th time, is done. I can’t do it anymore. $$$$.

and, as said, it’s not a sacrifice or sad or anything. The bands I’m into seeing and have seen should have mostly all packed it in by now 🤣🤣. I need to see PJ once more, I’ll always go to Dead & Co shows, I want to see Metallica once more although I do think they’re too old for their musical style. They aren’t the stones or The Who. The music just isn’t right from a 60 year old. Hahaha. People will be mad if they hear me say that, but I believe it. PJ can go till their 80 if they’d like. Metallica shouldn’t. My journey ends well. ✌️❤️🎼

Reactions: stp
stp

stp

Mine only sucks in if I close the vents. The 8” at speed 5. 6 didn’t suck it in either but it’s overkill. I’ve solved the problem of the open vents and passive intake with boxes. Haha. I also put the humidifier in the tent. Whatever it takes. Since I now need less, and know it works, I’ll probably take it out again. Haha.
Vents? Open? I have no vents open in my tent during flower. Only vents I use have pieces of duct in them, certainly do not open those Velcro flap vents during flower.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
You are well into flower. The growing is done for these. That's as tall as they are getting. Maybe a couple more inches.
It’s more the way it’s growing. I’m not explaining myself well. I’m sorry. It’s leaves are all really small. The others, after defoliation etc all grew it back pretty quickly. They’re 1/4 bigger is my estimation. I’ve seen plenty of tents with uneven plants due to strains or any myriad of things. I guess that’s my answer. 3 seeds, 3 plants. Differences. Especially when grown by me… 🤣🤣.

Thanks, again!!

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Vents? Open? I have no vents open in my tent during flower. Only vents I use have pieces of duct in them, certainly do not open those Velcro flap vents during flower.
There’s no light getting in. Why not?
I built boxes around them, painted black on both sides.
I know for sure two ways. I was in there in the middle of the day with all the room lights on, and nothing came in, and, because you said you didn’t trust the IR lights I have the night vision off and don’t see any light there either.

we know I’m not going to trust either alone.

edit again. The hallway light that leads to the room is green LED (source) and there’s no reason for any lights to be on that would get in.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

There’s no light getting in. Why not?
I built boxes around them, painted black on both sides.
I know for sure two ways. I was in there in the middle of the day with all the room lights on, and nothing came in, and, because you said you didn’t trust the IR lights I have the night vision off and don’t see any light there either.

we know I’m not going to trust either alone.

edit again. The hallway light that leads to the room is green LED (source) and there’s no reason for any lights to be on that would get in.
Green affects plants also.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Green affects plants also.
That one is a chance I’ll have to take. I don’t have a lot of choice as I don’t live alone and it’s not even my space. I don’t see a leak. The door is only cracked for the cat. I’m not opening the tent during dark unless I hear it all crash down.

Thank you! I’ve seen some of his other videos and I’ll watch this.

I love this stupid camera. I used it to find out why my cpap mask would leak at 95% some nights hahah. I was/am sometimes in my sleep taking one of the straps off 🤣🤣.
here’s a pic, when I know they had hall and other lights on upstairs. Not IN the tent room but door is cracked. I just have to hope I guess.
1C01DE95 7A8B 4617 AA4A EC9DCDE3FE1D

Last edited:
SC69

SC69

Supporter
I don’t want anyone to think I’m not listening to advice and warnings. I am!! I have my own notes of course and included is room for me to put notes from all of you so I remember what was said, and what to, and not to do. I do have to take it all in and decide for myself. We all see the result but I am ok with it all right now. Anxious of course because we aren’t there yet, and seeing the flowers changed the “whatever happens is good” thing 🤣🤣🤣. I want these!!!

Thanks to all of you. I know why there are flowers on my plants today. ✌️❤️🎼

sportyridr

sportyridr

I don’t want anyone to think I’m not listening to advice and warnings. I am!! I have my own notes of course and included is room for me to put notes from all of you so I remember what was said, and what to, and not to do. I do have to take it all in and decide for myself. We all see the result but I am ok with it all right now. Anxious of course because we aren’t there yet, and seeing the flowers changed the “whatever happens is good” thing 🤣🤣🤣. I want these!!!

Thanks to all of you. I know why there are flowers on my plants today. ✌️❤️🎼

Could you share a few pics or your boxes...very interested in seeing them...thanks

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Could you share a few pics or your boxes...very interested in seeing them...thanks
Sure. I’m having a hard time for some reason locating some I know I’ve taken but this is from the Wyze pre flip etc.

My soil mix is a bit different and I’ve had some issues and adjustments to make. They didn’t go in at the right time or from the right size prior. The mulch covers were keeping my mix too wet so I had to take them off. They are lightly covered with rice hull now and i threw some cover crop seeds in for whatever reason I thought. Haha. I’m getting better hahaha. ✌️
0EE4A420 34C2 40B7 9A9D 57405F74D7D2

sportyridr

sportyridr

Sure. I’m having a hard time for some reason locating some I know I’ve taken but this is from the Wyze pre flip etc.

My soil mix is a bit different and I’ve had some issues and adjustments to make. They didn’t go in at the right time or from the right size prior. The mulch covers were keeping my mix too wet so I had to take them off. They are lightly covered with rice hull now and i threw some cover crop seeds in for whatever reason I thought. Haha. I’m getting better hahaha. ✌️View attachment 1213829
Lookin lush and ready to make some buds.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was wanting to see the blacked out boxes for your vent covers.😆

stp

stp

Just a tip, cover crops usually aren’t grown during flower or veg. Load up cover crops between cycles to chop right as you are planting the new round. I mean, it’s not going to hurt but it’s best to have all available nutrients for your girls and not feeding weeds. If you are doing true no till, your trim during veg should go right on top of the soil, it decomposes and feeds the worms and…

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Lookin lush and ready to make some buds.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was wanting to see the blacked out boxes for your vent covers.😆
lmao!! Hahah. I could be a better reader too. Haha. I will take some when I get home. Lucky today to spend with my great twin niece and nephew. Well, lucky today because I’m just visiting, not “watching.” That shit is tough. They’re 3 May 10. 😬

They’re literally just cardboard boxes sized just to fit over, and spray painted black on both sides. Bottom flap of exposed side up (that part I did because it made it a tighter fit). I must have read it here somewhere. Full disclosure, as intelligent as I’ve always believed myself to be. I have found it doesn’t apply to everything….

I have all the passion for the girls, the product, and now the process, but I was not prepared nor educated enough to start when I did. Almost enough to be dangerous, and for a bit, just the dangerous. Now I know almost enough to be dangerous. ✌️

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Just a tip, cover crops usually aren’t grown during flower or veg. Load up cover crops between cycles to chop right as you are planting the new round. I mean, it’s not going to hurt but it’s best to have all available nutrients for your girls and not feeding weeds. If you are doing true no till, your trim during veg should go right on top of the soil, it decomposes and feeds the worms and…
It was recommended to just help the soil a bit. I don’t think it’s going to do much in the short time though. I have seen a few vids of folks using it all the way through. I wasn’t going to use it, which was talked about way too far back in the thread. I just figured it couldn’t hurt and took the advice.

I have figured out a problem I’m going to have with this move. I don’t need the tent, but I need the light and the boxes to grow a cover/amend etc. It could be a bit until I’m ready to go again. Although, if I bring them to my sisters, they could grow anything they want in them and not just the cover. That’s the plan for that. I could have to move twice (time to sell is this minute). So, if I am not settled, I’m not dealing with seeking permission from a landlord or anything (I’m not sure if it’s an actual provision). I can designate my sisters house as the only available convenient spot, and use it under my license. All good!!

I believe some want to change it, but certainly not the industry who are against it completely, but here in NY, for recreational growing, it’s 2 years after the first dispensary opens, which could be 2 years as well. 🙄.

Top Bottom