First grow, first diary. We are In Utero.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Well….I got home, it was the dark period, and the humidifier was empty RH at 32% (I know it would have been fine for the Eve) but I also have a space heater in there, I always forget to set the time on, and it had to be turned down.

Anyway, trying to be a dick, and show the roommates that I can get in and out of the room, without light from the hall, green or otherwise, I left the hall light off. Water from the bottom of the tank, dripped while I was standing there bragging about the first part being done, and, on first step, slipped. The humidifier tank and myself didn’t make out so well.

It’s paranoia that got me. Haha. Not trusting myself. I know the light doesn’t get in. BUT! I also know a pinhole could be missed, and happen at anytime.

Is this the wrong hobby? lol.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I officially have a flying (I know it’s not alone) insect that isn’t a household common stink bug. I think I chased those away with the oils odors and the lost coast plant spray (thank you @ComfortablyNumb). I did stop spraying when there were actual flowers, because of different ideas and opinions, but, I think I need to do it. I don’t want to use the neem. BUT! Should I? And spray the soil too?

I basically went up on my ass with my arms. Haha. I had to see. What they hadn’t seen, and I did, was a tiny crawling thing on the roof of the tent. Is it a baby of the flying thing, or another species? I know no one can guess without seeing. Just thinking aloud. I have the lost coast and will spray again this evening. I read about the larvae in soil etc and peroxide, but we know I can’t do that. I did put some jars out with apple cider vinegar and dish soap to try to attract and trap. There isn’t a single bug on the sticky traps???? There are 3, at plant level, hanging from bamboo stakes. The tent is only 5x5 haha. The package says every 7 feet.

it’s just starting, right? But there will be 20 tomorrow? I don’t know, just read they spread fast.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Use the plant therapy again. You can spray flowers with it, if you wait an hour or two for it to dry and then rinse.
Thank you, @ComfortablyNumb! Soil too? I can’t “drench” it, because everything just got top watered with rootwise etc and it would just be waterlogged. I could spray a little on top & repeat tomorrow as it dries up a bit.

cut the light early, spray, let them dry, rinse? I sprayed them the other times with light at 120w but during the last 15mins, and it would go out as finishing zipping etc.

I’ll have to do it tomorrow. I could do the soil now but I only have 1.5 hours till lights out and I’ll need 20 mins to get up there and mix the gallon (yes, 10 seconds for that part).

I can’t get to this new place quick enough. I need this thing on the same floor as me. If I were staying the basement would be out too and it would go in my room. Bed slid over. Who needs a dresser and tv stand? I don’t use either. Haha.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You use a misting sprayer on the soil. Then till it into the top inch or so. Then mist it again.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
So, anyone want an all expense paid trip to beautiful, umm…ok, it’s a pass through town with about 200 ppl in upstate NY. haha.

After the adrenaline of the fall (and not feeling too hurt) wore off, and I kept going upstairs, I’m a wreck. Pain is worsening and in my leg which is not a good sign. Not calling the doc yet because this is far from my first rodeo. It means nothing right now except I have to let myself heal. I’m betting it’s just all swollen, there’s leg pain, but I don’t want it cut off. Great sign!!

I don’t know what I’m going to do. roommates want to help but it doesn’t work because I don’t even know what I’m doing. Pictures aren’t telling me the things I need to know. Ok; looks like a marijuana plant. How are they? Need water? How long has EB1 been dry? Ugh. I can’t lose this now. I’ve really worked hard and put myself though idiotic stress. Haha. I tried to listen to you all and relax. It’s hard!

All I can do is order a purple mattress (what’s credit for if not used?) and throw it on the floor up there. Someone can move my tv for me. The water, products, etc etc is another question. Not needing sympathy, just had to get it out. Helps me think of ideas to fix. ✌️

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I’ll add another when I can go up there. I said, “take pics of the big one and the flowers.” I got two sites. Haha. I cannot complain. I just said, “thank you.”

Edit; I know we could do better but are not photographers, I just need to see and keep a record, and I don’t really want to edit pictures or change settings (ok, I just don’t know how). I’m a hippie into music and concerts. I don’t care about cameras. Haha. Getting the roommate to care would be harder. I’ll leave all that to you, the experts. I love to see them.
36A1D6D8 BE3F 459D A408 4AD7B7FC4E3E
7B6E4C60 FEF6 46E9 8AF6 351E90899D79

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Well, it’s been a bit because I’ve lost the excitement. The injuries from the fall worsened and the old devil is back. I’ll be alright. Done it tons of times. Just bad timing and and don’t really want to talk about it and and in constant pain 🙄. Not needing sympathy, nothing new and I’ll be fine eventually. The girls not so much.

In crucial time for flowering I knew I needed to bring the light up etc. (I’ve been in bed/couch/PT a lot and reading. I’ll be using my light at full next runs, just further away) and dropping etc. It’s not my roommates responsibility or fault and they wants to help. They’d never seen an LED grow light, live plants in a tent, the light and fan controller etc. it was easy to tell them HOW to increase light, and I believe the days I said turn it up, they actually did, or thought they had. But just for those whatever hours, and I can’t be sure they actually hit “ok.” The auto settings weren’t changed correctly though. It is my fault and responsibility. I thought the pics I was getting showed slow growth but we all know I was and had reason to expect it.

I finally made my way up there today because I just had to see in person and not a photo. It’s 6 weeks 1 day and from what I know, growth has stopped. Ripening will happen. They’re not that large and there is a 10weeker that seems to be doing better through it. It will now have better light at least for the last 2 weeks. I can only hope. I won’t even be pulling the little I was hoping, but it smells nice and all I can do is hope for decent resin production. I’m not seeing it as a lost opportunity. Just one that didn’t go as well as I’d hoped, but also wasn’t the disaster I originally believed it would be. I know today, after seeing them, it’s not all that the light didn’t get put up. A lot of it is the things I did or didn’t do.

I’ll still get it down, maybe just not on the 2nd or 3rd as I’d thought. I see now there’s a lot I need to get down. Thanks everyone for helping and when I have a finished product I’ll let you know and show you what I have. I would’ve taken pics just now but left the phone and it’s not a down and back up situation. The Wyze pointing down and no one can seem to secure it. Haha. It’s a mess. ✌️

SC69

SC69

Supporter
So this is day 47 of flower. From my understanding they’re are maturing/ripening and not growing. I believe they did a bit and I know things aren’t set in stone. Nature. Inside! Haha.

I did get a glimpse and the trichs are clear of course. In practicing (because neither I nor the plant can’t be still) on my buddy’s stash, I can see it wasn’t ready. Not sure how to handle that yet.

I didn’t think I could see all that well with the 60x loupe, and have a $13 Carson led 120-240 mag. I can get glimpses but damn. I’ll never be that steady. I’m not taking one off to put on a table. How do you all do it? 🤣🤣🤣

the plants and flowers are all on the smaller side. A couple are just mysteries, either in overall growth, or an experiment gone not great. I did do different things to all. I especially abused one I was suspicious of all along and it’s my second best “producer” so far. But everyone has flowers of course. I’ve decided I’ll just freeze the smaller 2 (maybe a 3rd) and my buddy will press them.

I do know exactly who is the lone GirlScout Cookie finally! Hahaha. ✌️
F8DFFC8A 20BD 46D3 BBFF 9703769AE7FB
3D6C61A6 C1ED 4C83 BB2B 1C9ACFFE873F
FB08A38C 39DC 4960 900F 5B48E5885EE3

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I have known of an issue that is another rookie mistake. I can’t dry in the tent. The GSC will need 2 more weeks (I don’t know what I was thinking).

For the week or so it will take I’m going to be unconcerned with odor. Everyone that lives here can handle it. Anyone that comes here won’t be surprised and we can actually just keep them out, without any suspicion.

I can’t even use the room the tent is in really. The conditions will be different. I’m convinced this Air Innovations humidifier has a crappy hygrometer and I need to run some tests. I’ve read and seen vids of what folks call proper drying. I want to get as close as I can. I am thinking my closet, or just a clothes rack in my room. I can control the temp (between 65-70) but not much beyond that up or down. I know the temp is fine. It’s the humidity I’m worried about. Don’t want to direct it at them and it be too much, and want to make sure they dry properly.

what does everyone do? The whole plant hanging, or branches? Wet trim everything larger and leave the rest till dry? Wet trim it all and use the rack?

The two in freezer cut the branches and put in a freezer bag? Time is coming. ✌️

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Hey all, hope you’re well. Can we tell by these about how much longer? They’re not “clear” or at least not completely, right? I know there’s no amber. I’d probably prefer to catch it just as that starts. I could also be a bit better with the microscope and will be looking again tomorrow. @ComfortablyNumb @m4s73r @stp @PK1 @Observationist

Hope the tags are cool. I think we made it. Haha. ✌️

F0BF6968 0CBB 4657 823B 36F970CC1E75
84A4D1F6 60F5 4EEC 924A 422E937C9956
C74D84EA 705C 4F08 9AA0 9D9A10D6CCEC
05E1DBFE 6E20 49A8 99B4 7F9E8AB03A4B
0A07D94B A3D3 4FA6 8C6B 1487376CECE4
8146AAD0 661E 4E82 960D B76E829B4027
719FD884 B7F2 44D5 A31A A764529725E3
CE0E8962 497D 4451 8235 3671DC9C22B8
CC4D111E 499D 47DA A349 D892984788B2
BA8842AE F851 402D 994C 0C2FF84478AF
40421D2A 0101 4D46 B7D3 AA10E45D7C05
E5F32A3E F1CD 42D1 8285 242B3AE91325
  • Love
Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
looking good bud! I would let it run a bit longer. their still too milky

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Day 60. The purpling on one started late last week and has increased and her sisters are now modeling her. Leaves are not yellow, but I can see it happening. A few things bother me with some weird upper leaves and a sugar leaf but I’ve looked into it and examined them fully. I see nothing to worry about.

They aren’t ready today but I’m still so unsure of knowing when they are. I have 3 different scopes, which is ridiculous because im just using the loupe and can see fine. I used the digital scope for fun. It’s worth the $40. I will probably use it when I see real changes through the loupe so I’m sure of what I think I’m seeing. That’s also a problem. I know I don’t see any amber so I’m good. I also know they don’t all do that but can find out if these strains do etc. I’m sure it will all be fine.

I don’t have a fresh pic, you aren’t missing anything. It is really hard for me to get up there and I forget the phone a bunch. I’m only going up once a day to check it out and do whatever has to be done. It’s the best I can. They are decent for a first timer and I’m not disappointed. I do think I know it could have been better and why it isn’t, so, that’s a win.

I’m sure one is going to need a couple weeks longer, it’s even advertised as a 10 week and the others 8 and I missed the true significance for my grow. I kind of need the tent for drying. My thoughts are to keep the odor down. It will be open so maybe my thoughts are wrong.

The plant is going to go in the closet for whatever time it needs. A friend is letting me use a cheap light he hasn’t used yet. Amazon sure, I need it 2 weeks. Don’t even know the significance of changing the source. Just have few choices. Originally I was going to just dry them in the closet. We aren’t afraid of the odor for any reason but I don’t really want the house fully engulfed. I do smell it now a bit.

We’re almost there. I just want to take them at the right time and am worried I don’t actually know what I’m looking at. They look mostly clear to me up close. But clear to me could be pure milk is my worry. Hahaha. There are still white hairs sticking straight out under the loupe so I know it’s not time now and again no amber. I just don’t know how fast it happens. I know I’m overthinking.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
looking good bud! I would let it run a bit longer. their still too milky
Watching daily now because I don’t know how fast it happens. Haha. It’s not yet. I’m seeing an bit of amber here and there. Literally like 5. Haha. I know the effect I want and think it’s probably like the advice I’ve seen. 15-20% amber. At first I thought, well, I don’t want any. I get it though. (I think). ✌️

Getting this cheap little scope steady was key. The loupe is decent but if it was 100x it would be perfect. So much easier.

In a month I’ll be trying it all. (Yes, I’ll sneak one when dry). Just a little though because I want a good cure. I’ve been reading.

SSgrower

SSgrower

This is somewhat comical, your honest story telling is entertaining, I know the routine of caring for plants like these, and it can be challenging. I just started 6 new plants and I feel the work,Cheers SS Thanks for the views.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
This is somewhat comical, your honest story telling is entertaining, I know the routine of caring for plants like these, and it can be challenging. I just started 6 new plants and I feel the work,Cheers SS Thanks for the views.
It’s been a comedy of errors. Just trying to prevent the tragedy part I was expecting the whole time.
And I just talk too much.

I can buy the stuff, I’m used to it. Thought this would be fun. Haha. It is too many plants for me, one would have been. I didn’t know (don’t) how to care for them but we made it. You can see how here. A handful felt bad for me
🤣🤣.
Thanks! Have fun with your new gals.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Alright. Shorter. Ha
We’re there. One could come. Letting the substrate dry and they’ll stagger a couple days. The GSC is another 7-10 probably.

Forces me to dry here. Not worried about odor. Nothing to be done and no reason to worry about neighbors.

I know there will be opinions on the odor from the cedar but that’s been thought out and looked into. The wall is cheap planks nailed. The rest is just Home Depot cedar and (here I go)….. Humidity already under control (well, no plants yet). Where should I place the fan for circulation? Floor of opposite side or higher? And yea, the doors were off of course and my buddy put the shelves 6” too center. 🤣🤣. Who cares. Selling.
9E7F2228 7C5C 4CE6 9EA4 6D2A861159C4
760D9CEA EF10 4F58 8758 FA48CB75BB29

Top Bottom