First grow, first harvest, need some input

• Thread starter Trippyhippette
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

Hey guys so last Sunday I chopped my 3 girls and hung them. Only took off big fan leaves. Temps are 72 and 60 humidity. They're starting to feel crunchy on the outside but branches still aren't snapping they're bending. How many days do y'all think it will take until I can trim and jar? Pictures are when we first cut.

Received 348380756342856
Received 2561597184151265
Received 653915121911031
Received 248323416376079
Received 1751586748341295
Cjm2164

Cjm2164

Hey guys so last Sunday I chopped my 3 girls and hung them. Only took off big fan leaves. Temps are 72 and 60 humidity. They're starting to feel crunchy on the outside but branches still aren't snapping they're bending. How many days do y'all think it will take until I can trim and jar? Pictures are when we first cut.

I took the buds off the second day. Then took all the flowers off the bus stems after that. Got all stems out in a few days. Dry enough to burn in 5 days. I wonder how much better it will be after I cure it. Smoke is really smooth as it is now.

jamk911

jamk911

did you have to break up colas at all?
I onlt ask because in a few weeks i am going to be where you are.. and my colas seem too large to dry properly..

20200912 035308
20200912 035004
Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

I took the buds off the second day. Then took all the flowers off the bus stems after that. Got all stems out in a few days. Dry enough to burn in 5 days. I wonder how much better it will be after I cure it. Smoke is really smooth as it is now.
So we have definitely been sampling. It is dry enough to smoke and had a wonderful nice smooth flavor but it didn't have that punch you in the teeth smell so I'm hoping that will come out better during cure!

jamk911

jamk911

Ya my buds are wierd.. they smell like well.. a plant, usually.. but if i shake it.. like during watering i move em to the tub.. or like touch em .. then they smell like lemons and pine needles lol.. pinesol loll

jamk911

jamk911

mainly worried about the bigger plant that didnt respond well to supercropping and still just basically grew 3 big ass colas instead of an even canopy lol

Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

did you have to break up colas at all?
I onlt ask because in a few weeks i am going to be where you are.. and my colas seem too large to dry properly..
So my colas are pretty thick, and I didn't break them up at all. They are still not as dry as the popcorn buds but I'll just let it hang for a day or two extra while I trim and jar the other stuff! I don't know if that's right or not but it's what I'm going for! Lol

jamk911

jamk911

i feel that.. its all touch and go..
Just am petrified of bud rot lol.. if my bud gets moldy this far in.. i doubt ill ever grow another plant in my life and probably smash the light lolll

Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

mainly worried about the bigger plant that didnt respond well to supercropping and still just basically grew 3 big ass colas instead of an even canopy lol
I would say do a slower dry to really make sure there's not too much moisture in those big fat colas at the end that could contribute to mold or rot! Let me know how yours goes!

Top Bottom