First grow hope you enjoy!

• Thread starter green fingers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
green fingers

green fingers

Hey dudes,
so my lady and I got sick and tired of buying medication on the black market, over the odds prices for sometimes shit hot/good/bad/just been cut off the plant bud.

When you've wasted forty dolla on a wet four grams I just wanna hulk out and smash my dealer! So grow it is coz im sick and tired of feeling sick and tired about wasting so much money on pot. Time to cut out the bullshit and get myself some organic pukka!

So although we rent and have the place to ourselves we wanted to do a fairly covert op in case parents made a suprise visit or whatever.
I measured up the space available in the spare room where it would be out of the way and a 1X1X2 tent seemed ideal.
I ordered a kit on ebay from a fairly local shop and then went out and bought seeds. The chap recommended autos for a first grow and Sweet Seeds Big Devil2 for yeild, so i got three of those and although they came unrated i got five of Barneys Farm Little cheese as well. Blueberry cheese sounded too good to pass up.

I got the seeds back and set them up to germinate using kitchen towel soaked in a rhizotonic solution, placed in a tin that was then put in airing cupboard.

All the Cheese germied within a couple of days, one Big Devil on the second and then i had a disaster a dropped the two ungerminated seeds and crushed them as i went looking for them lol

The kit arrived and when set up it was clearly too big for the room so it was all dismantled and taken downstairs and put in the corner of the lounge, straight off the bat covert went out of the window, oh well, whats three months without any visitors.

Next to go wrong was the set up. 1X1X2 tent, with a 600w hps and basic reflector, and one 4inch fan for exhaust pulling air through a filter.

It was hot, crazy fucking hot, and that much to you guys is obvious, it is to me now, but having only done loads of research and not shit loads of research i was putting mildly it, pretty fucking ignorant and clueless.
I knew hps was best, i figured if i picked a pre packaged set up it would work. Wrong! The shop agreed to swap the 4inch fan filter set up for a 5inch and they recommended i bought another 5inch fan for intake, which i did. then i get home and read intake should be third of the power of the exhaust, bastards!

So i set up the new fans and put everything outside of the tent this time instead of in it. The temps dropped from fucking high to 90 which i was happy with for now coz a few little faces had poked their way through the soil.
I'm using 10L pots with biobizz all mix soil, canna rhizotonic, biobizz grow,bloom and topmax. Tap water sat in a five gallon bucket.

i started the seedlings off under a 250w cfl but even in a reflector the light only covered a couple of square foot so once all the sprouts had come through i abandoned the cfl for the hps.

Again tho the temps went high 90s when we had a mini heat wave so i pushed the shop and they swapped the 600 setup for a 400. Which brought temps down to 85.

In my quest to get the holy grail, perfect temps, i ended up buying an air cooled hood reflector, a 5inch rvk to take the pace of the other exhaust fan, and a fan controller.

Ah well, buget and covert out the window but at least the set up was now working. Plus because of the devil disaster i had plenty of room for more plants. this time i got three black jacks from sweet seeds, a cross of SAD and Jack Herer.
All three germied using same method except this time the tin went in the tent. One seed however went no further its root just shriveled up and died.
Jack 1 was epic tho, in one week it looked like a two week plant and at two weeks it was flowering! unbelievable.
In contrast Jack 2 was a runt, slow to no growth and after two weeks it looked like a week old seedling. Oh well the poor thing didn't have long for this world any way because the next disaster was about to hit!
I woke up one morning and went downstairs to check on my ladies and a soon as i saw the tent i knew some thing was up. the light escaping was a different colour.
My stomach turned slightly, i rushed to the tent and fumbled the zip a couple of times before i managed to ply it down and unveil the horror. I think i screamed, a bit like Al Pacino when his daughter was shot at the end of Godfather 3.
The two middle bars at the top of the tent for hanging the light had snapped. i had to diconnect the ducting from the aircooled hood and then i got an idea of the damage.

It wasnt as bad as i was expecting, one little cheese directly under the lamp was fooked and that got put to sleep by my heel stamping on it in rage lol. The runt of the two black Jacks also took a hit and that went the way of old yella too.

Cloud, silver lining, and all that I figured get three more seeds and with all the extra equipment i got do a cupboard grow with one plant under cfl.
This time i got three speed devils and they all germied over night.
i had them all in small pots so they could stay together in the cupboard for ten days under cfl and then id change to red spectrum and repot the three and pot two in the big ten.
i wanted to use cfl first because id read a journal where a guy did it with his autos and it created lovely bushy plants.

My old enemy mr heat came back to haunt me, the cfl was to hot for the space so in the end i went crazy and bought a .8X.8X1.6 M tent for the spare room and a 250w MH/hps set up and another 5 inch fan +
9filter.
Next i got five Himilaya Blue Diesel and five Russian Rocket Fuels Short Stuff seeds. Four HBD's and five RRF's germied and went in their new tent in 7.5L pots, one HBD went into a 10L pot and joined the big tent along with the three Speed Devils.

So to summarise i have two set ups. One:
1X1X2 tent
400w hps with aircooled hood
5inch exhaust
5inch intake both linked to controller
4 Little Cheese
1 Big Devil 2
1 Black Jack
^All above four to five weeks old and at various stages of flower.^
3 Speed Devil
1 Himilaya Blue Diesel
^All vegin atm^

Set up two:
.8X.8X.1.6m Tent
250w MH/HPS basic refector
5inch fan / filter exhaust, passive intake.
5 Russian Rocket Fuel's
3 Himilaya Blue Diesel's all a week old

Feeding wise I've been learning and experimenting as i go. For the first four weeks i followed a schedule until i hit a problem, one plant got over watered and over fed, it drooped, went light green, suffered minor nute burn but it pulled through.
i then stopped following the schedule to the T and instead of religously water/feed every 2nd/3rd day I started water/feeding whenever they required.

I've kept the same nutrient dose though as it seems to be working. One week old 1/8th strength grow, two weeks up to 1/4, three weeks 1/2 strength grow at one ml which is its max and then 1/4 strength Bloom and topmax added to the mix as well, week four 1ml grow, 1/2 strength Flower and Topmax and so on.

The Big Devil 2 only survivor sprouted missing a seed leaf and after two weeks i considered putting it down because it had barely grown since leaving the soil.
I'd read a few peoples advice to leave it you never know and sure enough after another two weeks it's now the biggest plant in the tent.

Well that's me about caught up, follow me on my covert buget grow for percy, that's now just a first grow for percy. I'm trying to keep it as organic as possible aside from the canna rhizotonic and ph down im there.
Happy for comments and suggestions, that's why im writting this. Hope you enjoy it, i'll keep it reguarly updated and i'll get some pics on soon.

Easy people, keep on toking!

Latest posts

Top Bottom