First grow, how does it look?

• Thread starter Meeech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Meeech

Meeech

Hey all, just joined here. Tomorrow is day 42 (week 6) of flower for my first grow. How does it look? I am a bit confused about the hairs turning orange/brown. Isn't it a bit early still? I did a little defoliation experiment as well, the bushy one in the back had no defoliation, but the other two had most of the fan leaves removed the day I switched to 12/12.
First grow how does it look
First grow how does it look 2
First grow how does it look 3
First grow how does it look 4

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hey all, just joined here. Tomorrow is day 42 (week 6) of flower for my first grow. How does it look? I am a bit confused about the hairs turning orange/brown. Isn't it a bit early still? I did a little defoliation experiment as well, the bushy one in the back had no defoliation, but the other two had most of the fan leaves removed the day I switched to 12/12.
View attachment 968153View attachment 968154View attachment 968155View attachment 968157
I can see there looking good but if you see the leaf tips turning down it’s a sign of poor drainage I can see your pots / bags in trays with run off in them better to get the roots up out of the RO . Dryer roots better for the plant if you can get a air gap under the plants and put some pot risers under the pots sitting in the trays it will keep the plant from getting waterlogged . Best regards OD .

growsince79

growsince79

View attachment 968153View attachment 968154View attachment 968155View attachment 968157
Looks like a early bloomer. What strain?

Meeech

Meeech

Looks like a early bloomer. What strain?
Funny thing is I don't know. I was given a packet of seeds last year by a friend, who got them from a friend of his who grows commercially. All I know is they're his genetics. Kept looking at the packet on my shelf and finally said screw it I'm gonna put together a grow tent and now here we are!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Funny thing is I don't know. I was given a packet of seeds last year by a friend, who got them from a friend of his who grows commercially. All I know is they're his genetics. Kept looking at the packet on my shelf and finally said screw it I'm gonna put together a grow tent and now here we are!
A mystery strain nice hope all goes well mate .

Meeech

Meeech

I can see there looking good but if you see the leaf tips turning down it’s a sign of poor drainage I can see your pots / bags in trays with run off in them better to get the roots up out of the RO . Dryer roots better for the plant if you can get a air gap under the plants and put some pot risers under the pots sitting in the trays it will keep the plant from getting waterlogged . Best regards OD .
I watered immediately before taking these pics, leaves should start pointing up real soon!
The tips are a little burnt though...still dialing in my nutes. Will give them a good flush the week before harvest.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I watered immediately before taking these pics, leaves should start pointing up real soon!
The tips are a little burnt though...still dialing in my nutes. Will give them a good flush the week before harvest.
The air gap is a most important part of good hygiene in pot growing if you can manage even a 10 cm gap the air will circulate around them better . Dryer boots means warmer roots .

Meeech

Meeech

So this is an organic nute, soil grow, should i start flushing now or still feed nutes?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
So this is an organic nute, soil grow, should i start flushing now or still feed nutes?
I normally start to taper off my ppm from 1200 max when I’m pushing them to there limit from week 7 coming down to 900 week 8 down to 700 week 9 down to 500 week 10 down to 300 ,11 and 12 ph correct water .

Meeech

Meeech

I normally start to taper off my ppm from 1200 max when I’m pushing them to there limit from week 7 coming down to 900 week 8 down to 700 week 9 down to 500 week 10 down to 300 ,11 and 12 ph correct water .
Those weeks are for flowering or overall?

Meeech

Meeech

Better than my first grow lol very nice.
I tried to do everything right. Read as much as I could before I bought my gear and started the seeds. I had a nutrient burn issue in veg and got a small fungus gnat infestation but I was able to correct both problems quickly so I don't think I got any long term damage. For week 6 of flower my yields are looking a bit low so I'm not sure what I might have been missing on this grow.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I tried to do everything right. Read as much as I could before I bought my gear and started the seeds. I had a nutrient burn issue in veg and got a small fungus gnat infestation but I was able to correct both problems quickly so I don't think I got any long term damage. For week 6 of flower my yields are looking a bit low so I'm not sure what I might have been missing on this grow.
What kind of light are you using?

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I think it's just a case of "artist's blight". You just know and see your own mistakes along the way and convince yourself it could have been better. Lol I think we all get that on some level. Really though, It looks great to me, and you seem to have put the effort in. I say well done. 😊

Meeech

Meeech

I think it's just a case of "artist's blight". You just know and see your own mistakes along the way and convince yourself it could have been better. Lol I think we all get that on some level. Really though, It looks great to me, and you seem to have put the effort in. I say well done. 😊
Just not seeing those thick fat colas I want! Bunch of little nuggies everywhere lol

Top Bottom