First grow in 4 years useing GPS gear.

• Thread starter Inferno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Inferno

OK here we go.
Started this season with RPK from ET seeds they were beasts over 3 feet tall...all male's so I had to start over.
I cracked some bison breath,animal star cookies, jelly pie and tomahawk in pro-mix to get them going, they are doing well but small so I am not expecting much .
I will be putting them into smart pots with Happy Frog soil with organic tomato food and dolomite lime added....seems to work well for me.
I will be adding pics soon. Hope to see some of you here...Peace

I

Inferno

Jelly Pie
IMG 0735

Animal Star Cookies
IMG 0728

Tomahawk
IMG 0733

The Bison Breath is blurrier than these 3 so it will wait till next time.
Gotta figure out the new camera and get rid of the blurry photos.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Jelly Pie
View attachment 981444
Animal Star Cookies
View attachment 981445
Tomahawk
View attachment 981446
The Bison Breath is blurrier than these 3 so it will wait till next time.
Gotta figure out the new camera and get rid of the blurry photos.
That's awesome...I'm running 2 of their strains right now... the jelly pie and maverick.
My only words of advice is to watch out for the tomahawk! They can tend to hermi on you (which is common from the gorilla glue genetics)

The jelly pie is amazing tho and I'm excited to see what she can do indoors since I've only grown her indoors before.

I

Inferno

Thanks for the heads up Greatlakes,
I didn't know anything about their genetics but they ship fast and are reasonably priced.....nice pics...lol
So is there a link to your Jelly Pie thread? I would love to see what I am in for.
Maverick huh that wasn't part of the menu I had to choose from.
I'm waiting for Gorilla Punch another possible herm huh? Purple Crash is on my list as well, I also have some Sundance kid waiting in the wings I will be doing indoors after summer is over...to hot here for indoor this time of the year unless you go all out with cooling....venting and such an electric bill nightmare!
Thanks for the info on the Gorilla crosses I'll be keeping my eyes open for the herm, as long as it isn't real bad I wont worry to hard this is all personal stash.

Peace

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Thanks for the heads up Greatlakes,
I didn't know anything about their genetics but they ship fast and are reasonably priced.....nice pics...lol
So is there a link to your Jelly Pie thread? I would love to see what I am in for.
Maverick huh that wasn't part of the menu I had to choose from.
I'm waiting for Gorilla Punch another possible herm huh? Purple Crash is on my list as well, I also have some Sundance kid waiting in the wings I will be doing indoors after summer is over...to hot here for indoor this time of the year unless you go all out with cooling....venting and such an electric bill nightmare!
Thanks for the info on the Gorilla crosses I'll be keeping my eyes open for the herm, as long as it isn't real bad I wont worry to hard this is all personal stash.

Peace
Well I almost hate anyone to look at my thread right now because I did some experimenting and revegged most of them indoors just to see if it would produce more outdoors.
So there is dead buds all mixed into it right now haha but they will really pop off in a couple of weeks and be amazing

Here is the jelly pie so far
20200524 135047

and the maverick is goji x stardawg btw
There are two threads of mine ...the current which is the 2020 organic grow show and then
Growing some monsters....just because that's a fun thread with some monsters in it.

I

Inferno

Experimenting is what it is all about.
I just got back from your picture wall and thats quite a patch you have there, Good on Ya!! Damn!!!

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Experimenting is what it is all about.
I just got back from your picture wall and thats quite a patch you have there, Good on Ya!! Damn!!!
There is too many methods of growing to just land on one for me right now. I've tried almost all of it so after this yr I can say that I have tried almost all methods of growing outdoors and can stick with what works the best.
I almost didnt want to post pics yet because they kinda look like shit to me compared to previous yes...but they will be monster yields in the end I'm guessing anyways hahah

I

Inferno

My coolest experiment was an outdoor dwc in a burried garbage can alot of work but well worth it i'm a lazy fawk now...RPK she gave me almost 7 lbs.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

My coolest experiment was an outdoor dwc in a burried garbage can alot of work but well worth it i'm a lazy fawk now...RPK she gave me almost 7 lbs.
That is about the only way I refuse to try but trust me I bet it did...I cant even imagine

I

Inferno

I heard that.
Yah it was a nightmare to deal with but well worth it in the long run......I did it due to many people calling BS on me....shut em all up I did!!

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

I heard that.
Yah it was a nightmare to deal with but well worth it in the long run......I did it due to many people calling BS on me....shut em all up I did!!
Hahaha I bet you did... one it the reasons i like growing in straight manure..most ppl think you cant do it. Now many have tried it and wont go back hahhaha

I

Inferno

There might even be people here that remember that...I know there is one for sure but he hasn't posted in a couple years as far as I can tell, he is from around your neck of the woods too.

I

Inferno

Well between the Deer and the never before seen Rabbit my grow is finished, Ive seen plenty of Deer here but never a Rabbit both have enjoyed eating my stuff to the ground. I hope they choke on it.
I will start an indoor grow after things cool off here I don't have a great spot for indoor so I will have to wait till winter.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

So sorry to hear that! Liquid fence is amazing and they wont come near them.

Also neem makes it taste bitter and it works as well. Such a bummer I'm so sorry.

I

Inferno

Chit happens..I have been under the weather a bit so I didn't keep close enough eye on it.....it will be rabbit for dinner soon.
I have used liquid fence in the past and lets just say its a bit close to my bedroom window. I had some obstacles to keep the deer away but the rabbit is another story...sneaky little fawker 's they are. I'll be back indoors doing my usual DWC maybe I'll do another one of these next year....it was a great learning experience and the plant was very happy.
P7130010 2

I

Inferno

This is the end product from that garbage can recirculated DWC, this was my first attempt, it will be much better the second time around I learned a lot from this plant.She was a mother from my indoor grow. She was almost destroyed with bud rot by an unexpected heavy rain storm, she never dried out completely.
P9300015 2

By the middle of flower she was drinking almost 14 gallons of nutes daily.....ppm about 500 according to my notes. To many burnt leaf tips for my liking, lesson learned.
Net weight was a little under 7 lbs,lost about half to bud rot

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

This is the end product from that garbage can recirculated DWC, this was my first attempt, it will be much better the second time around I learned a lot from this plant.She was a mother from my indoor grow. She was almost destroyed with bud rot by an unexpected heavy rain storm, she never dried out completely.View attachment 989636
By the middle of flower she was drinking almost 14 gallons of nutes daily.....ppm about 500 according to my notes. To many burnt leaf tips for my liking, lesson learned.
Net weight was a little under 7 lbs,lost about half to bud rot
Beautiful

I

Inferno

Like I have said this was my first attempt lol and a feeble one at that, still it did way better than most thought it would.

I did have a large air pump with 3 stones in the can and air stones in the reservoir as well.

1st - I didn't give any consideration to how much room the roots would need to keep the plant happy, as it was the 25 gallon can was no where near big enough to contain them, the roots grew and plugged the return line as well as the drain. I had roots all the way to the reservoir some 7-8 feet away.I didn't see that coming. Looking back at it I'm not sure there is a container that would be large enough to hold them. When I do it again I will start with a much larger home and a much smaller plant...40 gallon can might work but I wont know till I try it again, it may not be possible. This plant was put inside the can early July with quite an extensive root system and that was for sure a problem, it would been better to start small.

2nd-I had a hard time keeping the nutrients and PH stable with the amount of uptake, the plant used up nearly all of them daily after she got big, again no room for the roots and nutrients in such a small can. It didn't bubble much it sounded like more of a hiss after 3 weeks or so.
Looking back I would have a Garbage can reservoir same size for the plant to draw from,both the grow cell and reservoir 40 gallons so about 60-70 gallons total between both, as it was I was working with maybe 35-40 gallons total, more volume would have made it last a couple days maybe more making it easier to deal with.

3rd was the issue of temps overall.
I was able to keep them in range or close to it by burring the reservoir in the shade where the sun never warmed it and placing bails of hay over it.
This worked, the temps never got above 80 degree's I would have liked to see them in the 60's but that was not achievable, between 73-78 is where they ended up that seemed like it was good enough to keep the plant thriving until the roots packed it full....and they did. I did end up with some bugs in the water, probably could have controlled them with some H2O2 but didn't even try, it was late season before I knew they were there.

4th I should have put some kind of roof over it to keep the rain off the plant and out of the bucket, the rains came earlier than expected, this proved to be a big problem. I also didn't see that coming, on a normal year rain was an issue in mid to late Oct...they arrived with a vengeance in September, by mid October bud rot was there.Still had 2-3 weeks or more left so there was no chance of finishing.We had snow in late June that year so the weather was an issue all season.

I am no where near as scientific as most of you and maybe that was the biggest issue.
I try to keep it simple as I have some health issues that get in the way.
With careful planning I might be able to pull it off.
I did enjoy the challenge but with the lack of a plan it was a pia.
Thanks for looking.
Peace.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Like I have said this was my first attempt lol and a feeble one at that, still it did way better than most thought it would.

I did have a large air pump with 3 stones in the can and air stones in the reservoir as well.

1st - I didn't give any consideration to how much room the roots would need to keep the plant happy, as it was the 25 gallon can was no where near big enough to contain them, the roots grew and plugged the return line as well as the drain. I had roots all the way to the reservoir some 7-8 feet away.I didn't see that coming. Looking back at it I'm not sure there is a container that would be large enough to hold them. When I do it again I will start with a much larger home and a much smaller plant...40 gallon can might work but I wont know till I try it again, it may not be possible. This plant was put inside the can early July with quite an extensive root system and that was for sure a problem, it would been better to start small.

2nd-I had a hard time keeping the nutrients and PH stable with the amount of uptake, the plant used up nearly all of them daily after she got big, again no room for the roots and nutrients in such a small can. It didn't bubble much it sounded like more of a hiss after 3 weeks or so.
Looking back I would have a Garbage can reservoir same size for the plant to draw from,both the grow cell and reservoir 40 gallons so about 60-70 gallons total between both, as it was I was working with maybe 35-40 gallons total, more volume would have made it last a couple days maybe more making it easier to deal with.

3rd was the issue of temps overall.
I was able to keep them in range or close to it by burring the reservoir in the shade where the sun never warmed it and placing bails of hay over it.
This worked, the temps never got above 80 degree's I would have liked to see them in the 60's but that was not achievable, between 73-78 is where they ended up that seemed like it was good enough to keep the plant thriving until the roots packed it full....and they did. I did end up with some bugs in the water, probably could have controlled them with some H2O2 but didn't even try, it was late season before I knew they were there.

4th I should have put some kind of roof over it to keep the rain off the plant and out of the bucket, the rains came earlier than expected, this proved to be a big problem. I also didn't see that coming, on a normal year rain was an issue in mid to late Oct...they arrived with a vengeance in September, by mid October bud rot was there.Still had 2-3 weeks or more left so there was no chance of finishing.We had snow in late June that year so the weather was an issue all season.

I am no where near as scientific as most of you and maybe that was the biggest issue.
I try to keep it simple as I have some health issues that get in the way.
With careful planning I might be able to pull it off.
I did enjoy the challenge but with the lack of a plan it was a pia.
Thanks for looking.
Peace.
Sounds like you have a good plan for next time!
When dealing with bud rot I started reading a lot. Fungus needs a wet acidic environment to grow on or it wont take hold. This is why I refuse to foliar feed with anything other then silica. In order for a plant to absorb most food it needs an more acidic ph on leaves

I do my best to keep the ph as high as possible. Maybe why silica prevents things like PM because of the 8+ ph? Either way I get a ton of rain here and out of pounds of weed I get a plant I maybe get an oz or so of buds that have a smidge of rot and we have rain almost all fall time. Something to keep in mind and food for thought

I

Inferno

Thanks Greatlakes !
How often do you spray silica on your plants weekly or by weekly or just when the weather turns in fall?
I was told to spray baking soda and water but silica is what has helped me in the past.That was the first BR problem I have ever had 2011 was a weird summer indeed.
I have never foliar feed anything to my plants but will give silica a try next time around until then I am constructing a new grow room in my shed for the winter.
I am looking forward to growing indoors again other than cost. I enjoy the seclusion of no eyes peaking at what I do. 2 600 hps in a 6X6 room should be fun
.Outdoor growing in my area is restricted to a canopy of 5X10 per recommendation so there isn't much room for more than one plant. They say I can grow 6 but that blows out the walls on a 5X10 plot.

Top Bottom