First Grow - Indoor - Auto Bluetooth from MSNL

• Thread starter Gashuffer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I’ll look at them. Right now I only have a Vivosun 4” in-line that’s just got 3 fixed speed settings. It works for now.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

raise your humidity, look up vpd

Thank you Visa for pointing me to the VPD. I've included it into my grow log via a formula. Now I only have to insert temp and RH instead of referencing charts!

Give it a look HERE if you are curious.

X 2 ! I have limited control as well and run that ragged edge of the “danger zone” lol some plants tolerate it some plants don’t you will notice a different upon ant improvement in vpd

Thank you too Mosh for your help so far too! I've learned a ton on this first grow and really have high expectations for my second round.

I watered today with 1/2 strength FF nutrients. I've got Big Kai on week 5 and Little Kai on week 4. I believe Little Kai hasn't hit flower yet, but is just getting pulled along by Big Kai.

I've liked using my soak and collect method for feeding. I place each pot on a couple pieces of wood that are spanning the top of a bucket. I water the pot with 1 Gallon of nutrient-ed water, then measure the runoff of volume, pH and PPM after it collects in the bucket.

I then take the runoff and dump it on my boxwoods out front. :)

I got a few 3 gallon air pots for my next grow too. So, it'll be interesting to see how much of a difference those make in both plant size, how often I need to water and how much the pot retains during watering.

MSNL claims the AutoBluetooth is ready to harvest in 65days from seed. So maybe another month or so and I’ll be harvesting!

Last edited:
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Picture update. I def don’t think I’ll go higher than 1/2 recommended from FF feeding guide. Big Kai def looks a bit rough on some leaves.

Big Kai
E39466EB DC87 4419 A751 431A35928B5A

Little Kai
1C15143D 0C25 4FD2 AF65 5C4F0C6702B9

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Been tracking my environment every so often of the last two days. I think I’ve got it dialed in now. 👍🏼

looks like I’ll need to keep exhaust fan on low and humidifier on medium. At least, for now.

41BD52BF 9DBE 4480 AF1A 6F5C41CDF5A1

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yeah, having one of my Wyze cams in the tent makes taking these sampling’s so easy. Totally worth it for the price of them.

EA8CDBA0 3ADF 41E1 B750 E5E89B1136D2

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I just watered this morning and redid some LST on Little Kai. I believe she's about 2 weeks behind Big Kai.

I'm noticing there are going to be more Colas on Little Kai than on Big Kai. I'm really struggling to find a good route to direct all of them on Little Kai on my little 3 gallon pot. Big Kai has quite a few, but not as many as Little Kai.

But here's my question for you two.....

For these Auto's, is there such thing as too many colas? I'm trying to keep them all about the same height so they all get a good amount of light.

However, at some point, are there too many?

Many of the photoperiod training I've seen them trim a couple times and have something like 8 main colas. Is that the quantity target to shoot for? If I have too many, will the buds be small or loose?

@Moshmen @visajoe1

visajoe1

visajoe1

I'm not very familiar with autos, not sure I can give good advice on that. I will say, however, after the stretch concludes, consider removing larf and any branch that has not reached to unobstructed light. These parts typically dont produce much and plant energy is better redirected where it can realize a larger benefit for her work

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I'm not very familiar with autos, not sure I can give good advice on that. I will say, however, after the stretch concludes, consider removing larf and any branch that has not reached to unobstructed light. These parts typically dont produce much and plant energy is better redirected where it can realize a larger benefit for her work

I’m not sure if I know when stretch will end. I know I’m still LSTing the growth back down, so I assume it’s still stretching. But, the buds on top of each cola are starting to stack up a bit.

I suppose I should stop LSTing once I feel the stretch is stopped.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m not sure if I know when stretch will end. I know I’m still LSTing the growth back down, so I assume it’s still stretching. But, the buds on top of each cola are starting to stack up a bit.

I suppose I should stop LSTing once I feel the stretch is stopped.
I’m not a last guy but once preflower stops or slows the stems start to harden should be much harder to bend done guys twist between their fingers to soften up but I don’t like it all I do is bend the main cola till the lower branches catch up, and as huff stated remove aprox the lower 1/3 that isn’t receiving quality light if there’s any question leave it, and when the plant finishes you will know what you should have cut off and your next grow will be better ! Experiment a little but he’s absolutely correct I just did A couple last nite next one I heap ya some pics

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Fair enough. The only stuff I LST is the new growth. As soon as it starts turning up to the light and is the highest growth, I grab a piece of wire and hold it down. I haven’t needed to soften any stems yet, and hope I don’t ever need to.

It’ll be interesting to see the skeletons of these things at the end of the grow. The main stem is in a pretty good spiral, and then every other stem in trying to keep in a spiral around the pot too, but there are too many in Little Kai. I’m having to cross then over each other just to manage them.

I have a few 3 gallon air pots that are a bit larger for my next grow. I hope that helps with space for LST and for a better pot overall.

Ill trim the larf tomorrow. Side question on that, can I use it for anything at this point? I assume it as it won’t be fully grown.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

For the hell of it, I took a few pics of Big Kai and her current status.

I counted 20 colas. I bet little Kai has more, but it’s hard to pick them out without the flowers on her yet.

my targets tomorrow.
5DB84F63 439C 4CAC 9131 286192357613

9468A8A3 98D3 4F98 8967 429273F6B857

My cola count. I’m counting 20.

F502CD14 4A73 45E3 81DD 1AF2DB965197

And, this is how tall she is. I’ve kept her pretty tied down her whole life. Today is day 42 and she’s only maybe 6” off the soil surface.

5EE7A40A 3DE9 4EB8 864E 2E6F9E32D1E8

Moshmen

Moshmen

For the hell of it, I took a few pics of Big Kai and her current status.

I counted 20 colas. I bet little Kai has more, but it’s hard to pick them out without the flowers on her yet.

my targets tomorrow.
View attachment 962476
View attachment 962477

My cola count. I’m counting 20.

View attachment 962478

And, this is how tall she is. I’ve kept her pretty tied down her whole life. Today is day 42 and she’s only maybe 6” off the soil surface.

View attachment 962479
Personally I’d thin a leaf or two or move them to expose light if your plant is that compact I would not cut any buds but that’s me.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

So another defoliation a bit. At least of the leaves covering bud sites. I had done it earlier in veg with good success of more colas growing.

I may do a combination of the two. If I see larf that’s clearly going to be shadowed by the cola that it is a part of, I’ll likely get rid of it. And then maybe get rid of some more large fan leaves covering bud sites.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Took a pretty neat pic today. Likely nothing new for y’all, but she’s my first. Comparing this to other pics I’ve found, I think I’m 2-3 weeks into flower.

9954BD10 F3DC 41D8 BD00 C492B41E1973

kellogs7064

kellogs7064

they filled those pots out quick. I'd reccomend using 5 gallon pots at least next time with autos

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

they filled those pots out quick. I'd reccomend using 5 gallon pots at least next time with autos

Only because I have done heavy LST. I don’t believe I need a larger pot. Although, these pots will be trashed after this grow anyway.

I bought some #3 air pots, which are a bit larger than these anyway. they’ll at least ensure they never get root bound.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I pull 2-3 dried zips out of a 2 gallon pot consistently with autos’ .
I know big pots grow a lot of pot! But with autos there’s a point where there is not enuff benefit from yield to justify the large container. This a skunk that missed a water reason she looks so sad but it’s in a 2 gallon nursery pot , IMO you got plenty of room in those pots.

CFB3C6E5 566A 4DDD 8009 0F02D018FFEB
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yeah. I just checked the air pots for my next grow and the current containers barely fit into them. So, they will be slightly larger, but pretty close. I’ve read a ton of good stuff about the air pots tho. So, it’ll be cool to see if there’s a difference. shoot, I may even do one in an air pot and the other not.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I worked a bit more on my window well vent today. It will give me the option to vent outside instead of into the utility room.

here is my plan, excuse the crude drawing....finger sketches on my phone are not my strong suit!

Pretty much there’s an internal frame and an external frame that will sandwich against the foundation. Force will be applied via a system of rope wrapped around the inside frame, a turnbuckle between and a drywall anchor penetrating the outside frame. The outside frame is just a piece of 3/4” plywood with a 1x2 frame around the perimeter.

The window well is a typical steel buck frame that has a few ledges intended for the window insert. These work great for a spot for the inside frame to rest against.

I have a drier vent that I’ll be installing into the exterior frame that has a damper in it that will allow air to exit, but not enter. My 4” exhaust duct will connect right up to it.

All of this will be concealed beneath my window well cover.

Plan:
1DAF134C 941C 4923 AD94 8DC8CF835C6C

Inside frame:
2141DADF 7D1F 4750 8B63 1521B118CB23

Outside frame:
A59E52C3 8D90 4224 94BB 00496B5792BB

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom