First Grow - Indoor - Auto Bluetooth from MSNL

• Thread starter Gashuffer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Did some quick reading before I lost interest. Something about genotypes and phenotypes all influenced by environment or something. I gathered enough to believe there will be variability in the same strain. That’s as far as I need to go....lol

I’m just focused on deficiencies

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Weighed my dry bud from Big Kai. Not hugely impressed with my first grow. But hey, it’s a learning experience!

33g dry from 169g wet. So, it lost about 80% of its weight.

Come on Little Kai!

Bryemye

Bryemye

Weighed my dry bud from Big Kai. Not hugely impressed with my first grow. But hey, it’s a learning experience!

33g dry from 169g wet. So, it lost about 80% of its weight.

Come on Little Kai!
Hey man, so long as it's good smoke! Plus, you have all the data you could want to analyze what you want to tweak for next time.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Every round you get better!
I like to compare the autos, or any seeds that matter . To my kids , both have the same parents but on total different ends of the spectrum.
A lot guys do the whole pheno hunting thing , for traits the like.
I have the same thing going on I feel the auto genetics are not as stable, I rarely have two plants the same. I jar everyone separately.
In the end I feel this is normal and just roll with it

Bryemye

Bryemye

Hey man, so long as it's good smoke! Plus, you have all the data you could want to analyze what you want to tweak for next time.
Btw, just going back through your post and I wonder what luck you'd have with starting seeds with jiffy pellets and transplanting rather than starting them like you did.

Again, just a thought. Personally I have had luck with that.

Bryemye

Bryemye

Every round you get better!
I like to compare the autos, or any seeds that matter . To my kids , both have the same parents but on total different ends of the spectrum.
A lot guys do the whole pheno hunting thing , for traits the like.
I have the same thing going on I feel the auto genetics are not as stable, I rarely have two plants the same. I jar everyone separately.
In the end I feel this is normal and just roll with it
If you think about it generationally, it would make sense that many auto strains are not yet stabilized very well. That takes time and autos are on the new side, right?

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Btw, just going back through your post and I wonder what luck you'd have with starting seeds with jiffy pellets and transplanting rather than starting them like you did.

Again, just a thought. Personally I have had luck with that.

ill look them up. I bought non woven mesh bags that I started my veggies for the summer outdoors. But I’m not thrilled with them enough to bring them to the MJ grow.

my next grow will be 3 of this same strain. 1 untouched, 1 LST like this and 1 I’ll probably try some HST. Likely mainline.

I had also thought about trying to add a myco, and also add it to my outdoor veggie garden this year for S&Gs.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Many leaves on Little Kai are starting to become dry and shriveled. Some hairs are still white but some trichomes are amber and most others are cloudy.

I figure either nutrient burn from my last feed or shes coming to the end of her life. I’m suspecting the latter. Either way, I’m going to all pHed water from here on out. My first grow is about to be fully in the books.

Time to start mixing up my soil for my next grow! And I can see why folks either use super soil or coco already. Reusing the medium would be a huge convenience! I could see myself going to coco at some point because of this. But we shall see!

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Check out this color difference under my grow lights.

April 26th
E28E2654 8564 433F 9032 A32A96D546C7

June 1st
CA0A32A6 EAFF 49AF 90D4 05FE5D1E9D5A

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Alright folks, opinion time. I’m thinking I’ll wait to harvest, but this plant is behaving differently than the other towards the end here.
  1. Fan leaves on buds are curling and drying. Makes me think it’s at the end of its life.
  2. I’m seeing some amber trichomes and many cloudy....
  3. Buds hairs are still mostly white on all buds.
  4. Growth under the main canopy is pretty green, opposed to the canopy.

Thoughts on harvesting soon? I’m thinking soon because of point 1 and 2 above. But point 3 tells me to wait. And I’m not thinking point 4 tells me anything valuable for determining harvest, just an observation.

C5A8FB05 B9B5 4F45 BC63 EB85D2EF7BC6
E79D27D6 A1C0 4FF2 8190 0D660E7250B1
57B8BD86 ADEE 4613 BA2E 79B82DBFD7A6

Bryemye

Bryemye

Fair enough, I was just wondering about light burn as it seems to only affect the parts closest to the light. Someone more experienced than me can hopefully chime in.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

The buds look healthy to me. It’s just the fan leaves that are curling up on some of them.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Put Little Kai into darkness yesterday. First grow almost totally in the books!

Second grow I’m debating doing 3x of this same strain, or doing 3 different autos. Bluetooth, Carmelicious and Magnum. All from MSNL.

I was initially thinking I’d grow 3 of the same and try different things on them for the sake of learning. But seeing how different even the same strain grew between the two in this first grow....I may just drop one of each.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Put Little Kai into darkness yesterday. First grow almost totally in the books!

Second grow I’m debating doing 3x of this same strain, or doing 3 different autos. Bluetooth, Carmelicious and Magnum. All from MSNL.

I was initially thinking I’d grow 3 of the same and try different things on them for the sake of learning. But seeing how different even the same strain grew between the two in this first grow....I may just drop one of each.
I would do a variety. Why not? They're autos so no need to worry about light schedule etc.

Speaking of, is there a reason you aren't doing photos? You can do a lot more experimenting with them since you can always prolong veg...

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yup. My reason is that I bought 5 strains. 3 are autos and I will learn some basics with them. I’ll move to my photos at some point. But I’ll definitely give them a shot.

The 5 strains I have are all from MSNL:
Auto Bluetooth (10-2 from this grow
Auto Carmelicious (5)
Auto Magnum (5)
White Lightning Regular (10)
White Widow Feminized (5)

I like to dive head first into what I do. So, I’ll likely do my autos first, last 2 grows of each I’ll make pollen and then feminized seeds. Then once I’m thru with all of my autos, I’ll jump to my photoperiod.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Harvested Little Kai today in between Zoom meetings (and even during one). I let her go much longer than Big Kai. Big Kai was 11 weeks from germ to harvest, Little was over 15.

I got 130g at harvest, “wet” but she was already starting to dry while still planted. So I’ll measure the dried weight once I get there in a week or two for better comparison. Big Kai was 169g wet, but with no stems, pretty much all bud.

but, I will say that my snippers got a lot more sticky with this one than my last.

before I started
C5B1AAC4 F311 49A1 8E68 26DAB72179DD

Root ball
84AF487F 7DDD 4E8B B860 4450C14023EA

Upskirt
10BB0C1D 673D 4A11 A725 E6173DE93D0A

In process
C834868F 7042 4D42 B5D1 34ABE2C59EC1

All hung up, this time I actually left buds on the stems so I could hang and didn’t have to spread them out in grocery bag bottoms.
39795493 06F2 4EA2 876A C6389CDED66F

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

This ones officially done. The last bud is now curing after 13 days of drying and holding stead at 60%RH and 68F in the jars.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Here are my final status from a high level. Total weight from these two plants is 75g, or 2.65 oz. Quality wise, I have a few friends that are medical users and they're saying it's right up there with the medical grade that they buy from dispensaries. Which, is pretty neat to hear.

It'd be nice to be able to test the THC and CBD levels in this, but maybe that's for another day and more research on my end.

StrainSourceNameHarvest Weight (Wet) (grams)Weight (Dry) (grams)% Weight LostGermHarvestDuration (Days)Duration (Weeks)
Auto BluetoothMSNLBig Kai1693380.47%3/2/20205/17/20207610.86
Auto BluetoothMSNLLittle Kai1304267.69%3/2/20206/16/202010615.14

Top Bottom