First grow, just want some feedback on setup

• Thread starter Noobiedoobie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noobiedoobie

So for my first grow (I won't be starting for another couple of weeks, just trying to get together the equipment, nutes, soil, etc.) I was wondering if you guys think that 8-12 is a LOT to start with? I was looking at getting the greners 10x10 grow room setup. Was also wondering if you guys think buying the kit would be a rip off or waste of money and if I could piece one together more cost effectively? I don't really have a "budget", but the less the better, right? haha I'm not going on this completely alone, either. I'm supposed to have someone that's grown kind of guide me through my first go. But I know there are much more experienced and accomplished growers on here;) What did most of you guys do your first go-around?

greenplumber

greenplumber

Hay man how u doing, on my first grow I tried setting up a hydro system with a pump feeding every 15min under two 1000 wat hps and I grew some of the shittiest weed if ever seen. About 10 grows later now I'm in Peet moss in three gal pots, hand watering once a day ,with 1000wat hps over each 4 by 4 tray using house and garden nutes witch I love and co2 because room is sealed

N

Noobiedoobie

So do you think with an organic soil mix, 8-12 is realistic, or am I waaaaay over doing it? haha

N

Noobiedoobie

I want to try two strains, but being a first-timer, don't know what the best route would be. so it'd be four and four or six and six (opting for the six and six).

greenplumber

greenplumber

I would start with 8 plants 4 of each strain that will b easy to keep clean using organic soil is good ,u going to be in pots? Hand watering

urban1026835

urban1026835

10x10 is pretty big.

You can easily fit 8 plants in a 5x5.

or am i missing something here and this is like a greenhouse or something?

greenplumber

greenplumber

Ya your right I'm in a 10by 11 and have 27 in pots. I would start slow and b patient and reed

greenplumber

greenplumber

I think my first grow was 12 plants using GH nutes in a like 5 dy4 room

burn4me

burn4me

So for my first grow (I won't be starting for another couple of weeks, just trying to get together the equipment, nutes, soil, etc.) I was wondering if you guys think that 8-12 is a LOT to start with? I was looking at getting the greners 10x10 grow room setup. Was also wondering if you guys think buying the kit would be a rip off or waste of money and if I could piece one together more cost effectively? I don't really have a "budget", but the less the better, right? haha I'm not going on this completely alone, either. I'm supposed to have someone that's grown kind of guide me through my first go. But I know there are much more experienced and accomplished growers on here;) What did most of you guys do your first go-around?
Welcome and i was having same debate with myself. After a lot of reading and the help of a few nice farmers here ive opted to piece one together. Ill be getting higher end gear for about same price as the cheapest 600watt kit i could find. So yeah putting one together is a little more work to find good prices but less is better. Good luck and let us know what you decide. 5 x 5 is what im gonna go for probably and as stated before 8 should fit nicely.

burn4me

burn4me

Size would probably depend on lights you want, and dealing with heat RH and such involved in bigger lights. But im no expert though just lending friendly advice as was done for me

burn4me

burn4me

Same seller on Amazon i bought some from too. Great customer service with him. I had a problem abd he corrected it immediately. Good luck and do keep us posted.

KENT

KENT

8-12 is fine, and in a ten by ten room, no worries. But before you go buy one of those tents and all that stuff, check out jorge cervantes dvd on youtube, its about 140 minutes long, in it, he shows you how to make a grow room with 2x3s and panda paper.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Congrats on this great journey, I'm currently running a 6×6 grow tent with dual 600 lights 430cfm inline fan that runs247 so with the in line fan I would buy from htg grow store just because of there warranty because I have went threw a couple that I bought from ebay that didn't last. An if your going soil an you can afford to purchase some air pots they will beef up your yeilds tremendously over a standard pot. Some things to remember make sure you have plenty of air flow, don't over water, or feed, buy a ph meter, blue lab ppm meter, 100x microscope drip tray to check your run off,note book to write down how much it eats per watering so you do not over feed it or under feed it some garden lime to help keep your ph in check. P.S if this is your first grow I would grow 8 of one strain an learn an understand what it likes or dislikes so you don't get overwhelmed because some plants need more attention than others!

N

Noobiedoobie

Yes
I would start with 8 plants 4 of each strain that will b easy to keep clean using organic soil is good ,u going to be in pots? Hand watering
yes, I want to use organic soil in pots. I'm not really sure the details yet. I was thinking a 4x4 for veg and a 5x5 for flower. I was still deciding on light. Thanks guys for the suggestions and tips!

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Ok so for your veg htg has a great 430watt t5 8 bulb florescent light is what im running in my 4×4 that I bought from htg on ebay it was a better price than the store, an in your flower room If you can afford to run dual lighting is the way to go just to spread the light evenly. P.S if you can afford to purchase the super roots air pots buy them I will only grow with them I run the 5gallon blue bottoms my yeilds double easily!!!

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

I would start small 3x3 or so, its all fun until one thing goes wrong. Besides.. if you have never trimmed bud before.. you may want to give that a run before commiting to 10x10 . Trimming can overwhelm a new grower. Just my two cents.

indicabush

indicabush

Howdy....I do one grow a year, well maybe 2 grows. 4 x4 tent 16 sq ft using 2 gallon planters 7 x 7 x 9.
Max amount of planters is 20 for me and of course I keep my my grows height level around
20 inches (indica is a great plant). My avatar is an example of my grows. Organic grower no special
soil mix and my yields are quality over quantity averaging 20 to 40 grams a plant. Time and
devotion will be a factor plus manicuring may be somewhat over whelming in the beginning. Baby
steps in the beginning 3 -5 plants and then go for it. Just some food for thought (kiss principle applicable).

N

Noobiedoobie

I would start small 3x3 or so, its all fun until one thing goes wrong. Besides.. if you have never trimmed bud before.. you may want to give that a run before commiting to 10x10 . Trimming can overwhelm a new grower. Just my two cents.
I've trimmed before, and it's obviously not the most fun/glamorous aspect. haha But I have done it. And again, thank you guys for all the suggestions and tips. The farm has helped me out so much already, and I don't even think I've been on here a week!:)

Top Bottom