First grow leaf discoloration help

• Thread starter Clairesquared
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Clairesquared

Hi there, I'm Claire and it's my first grow, can anyone help?

I'm sure it's a widely asked questions and apologies if it's a rookie approach.

I'm in week 5 of flower on my first grow, soil, led lights. I've got 3 plants, 2 of one strain and 1 other strain. The 2 are doing well with good size and structure flowers. The plant that isn't doing so well also has very good flowers but is suffering leaf discoloration that I can't identify. I've been advised to add CALMAG and have been doing so for a week with no positive effect.

The discoloration is on the main fan leaves towards the top of the plant, the bottom fan leaves seem ok. The tips of the flower leaves seem to be curling up.

Water is dechlorinated, with flower feeds and an green sensation additive, clamag for he last week.
Problems stared about 10 days after flipping lights to flower and feed change (although I staggered the feed switch by a week)

Thanks!
IMG_20231128_085829879.jpg
IMG_20231128_085852261.jpg
IMG_20231128_085904930.jpg

First grow leaf discoloration help
Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
The problem with a cali mg deficiency once it’s reached a certain stage is the old damaged leaves never get better they will die , it actually gets worse before it gets better and stops spreading.

It will reduce your harvest slightly and they will always look ugly the buds will be good though so not alls lost bud.

I can’t say that’s your full problem as I don’t have any idea of your feeding situation
Good luck

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Aside from the deficiency the rest looks great!
I don't use nutes so o defer on the help.
Like said above though I would look at the new growth to see if the cal mag helped. Old leaves might just be shot

BurntEnds

BurntEnds

Supporter
How close is your light? Whenever I see tips curling and burning at the top of the plant, my first thought is the light burn.

C

Clairesquared

Thanks folks

Light is at least one meter from the top of the flowers

Someone else pointed out that it's most likely CALMAG issue as the discoloration is mainly only on the leaves and parts of the leaves that are exposed to light....the shaded leaves are fine.

Going to dial back the nutrients to see if that makes a difference

Cheers again!

Top Bottom