Votes: 1 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jbird325

jbird325

Hi everyone,

This is my first grow, so while I feel like I have nearly all the necessary equipment for a successful harvest, what I'm lacking is experience...

My first couple questions are as follows:

1) These plants were placed in we paper towel on Feb 2nd for germination and (below is where they are today 3/9/16) I've topped them already which is maybe why they are so short? They seem small with no vertical growth?? I need some experienced eyes on these to tell me if I'm going in the right direction or wrong??

2) What is the white stuff gathering on the pots? Salt? Does this mean I need to flush???

3) I really need a coco user to answer this one I think. I'm finding so many conflicting watering schedules that I really have no idea what to do. I've worked my way up to a 12ml/12ml/12ml mix of nutes and I'm watering every day once a day, approximately 500-700L until run off. Some schedules say once a day others say every couple days when the coco drys out (again conflicting info) especially since I'm using LED so the temps are lower.

Media--Bushdoctor Coco loco (foxfarms)
Pots--1 gal smart pots
Water--Distilled (RO system on the way)
Nutes--Advanced Nutrients PH perfect (micro, grow, bloom)
Equipment--4x4 Grow tent, 2 small 6" fans, vortex s-line, phresh carbon filter
Lights--Spydrx (fluence Bioengineering)
Environment--roughly 73 degrees 30-40% humididty

First growledcocopics
First growledcocopics 2
First growledcocopics 3
First growledcocopics 4
First growledcocopics 5
First growledcocopics 6
First growledcocopics 7
First growledcocopics 8
Dunge

Dunge

I think they look great.
Keep doing what you are doing.
My only note would be to see if being sloppy with water in your tent might get that RH a bit higher.

Questions: seed source, and have they shown sex?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Go by weight of the pot. Feel a pot w/ dry coco pot. Make sure it doesn't get to that weight and water when its about 70-80%.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Above average for a first grow imo, most first grow pics I see look way overwatered. Looking good

jbird325

jbird325

Thanks for the confidence boost guys!

So I topped two of these plants about 3 days ago or so and it seems like the new growth just stopped? When I topped the middle one they shot right up but for some reason the other two just wont go? Any ideas? I'm going to repot into 5 gallon smart pots today fyi.

Dfd
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

How big do you want them before flip? Personally anything over 3 gallon pots with coir is a waste.

organix4207

organix4207

I am coming to the end of my first coco grow with 5 gallon hempys. If I learned anything this grow it's less is best in coco !! . I'm getting ready for next go around and thinking 2.5 gallon hempys this time .
Looking really good btw :)
Peace, love & Positive Vibes

jbird325

jbird325

I just re-potted today in 3gal smart pots which they will stay in until harvest.

@ORganix- Are you growing under LED or HPS?

NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

looks good man keep reading knowledge is power and get RH 59-65%

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Thanks for the confidence boost guys!

So I topped two of these plants about 3 days ago or so and it seems like the new growth just stopped? When I topped the middle one they shot right up but for some reason the other two just wont go? Any ideas? I'm going to repot into 5 gallon smart pots today fyi.
It takes time to recover from topping. You just chopped its head off it needs to get its hormones right again, it will take off day 4 or 5 after the top, some strains recover faster.

D

Dale Bruce

Just give it a week to recover. Don't know if you've tried giving them some root inoculant but that might get them to start growing more vertically. The better the root system, the better the bud IMO.

Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

If you want to get that humidity upto the 50-60 mark in a space that small a $15 humidity controler and a pond fogger with float in a 5 gallon bucket works perfect in my cloning box that is 2x3x4tall.

jbird325

jbird325

Ok....
I'm now at day 50 from seed and I officially have no idea what I am doing... I just called fox farms and talked to them about COCO LOCO and found out that it's not only pre amended but ph adjusted as well! They think that the best ph range for nutrient uptake is 6.3-6.8 but I'm using the advanced nutrients ph perfect which automatically adjusts my water to 5.8! NOW WHAT?

I feel stuck between two damn company's products and neither can give me advice because " we haven't done testing with other company's products so we can't advice you". That's the same line from both companys AN and FF. I was wanting to flip to flower today but now I feel like I need to do a flush and switch damn nutrient or something? (wasting $150 on AN nutrients).

Full disclosure, I've really had no issue with these plants aside from the fact that I think they have grown slow. This could be do to the fact that I've hacked at them twice in veg and didn't have the light high enough for a good stretch when they were younger. Or maybe because these are the first plants I've grown and I have nothing to compare against.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant but I really could use some advice from some advanced growers here. Oh, I've also got one plant that looks different? Maybe it's the only female or vise versa I dunno? Thoughts?

20160329 113341
20160329 113504
20160329 113524   Copy
20160329 113518   Copy
dmshayne

dmshayne

Ok....
I'm now at day 50 from seed and I officially have no idea what I am doing... I just called fox farms and talked to them about COCO LOCO and found out that it's not only pre amended but ph adjusted as well! They think that the best ph range for nutrient uptake is 6.3-6.8 but I'm using the advanced nutrients ph perfect which automatically adjusts my water to 5.8! NOW WHAT?

I feel stuck between two damn company's products and neither can give me advice because " we haven't done testing with other company's products so we can't advice you". That's the same line from both companys AN and FF. I was wanting to flip to flower today but now I feel like I need to do a flush and switch damn nutrient or something? (wasting $150 on AN nutrients).

Full disclosure, I've really had no issue with these plants aside from the fact that I think they have grown slow. This could be do to the fact that I've hacked at them twice in veg and didn't have the light high enough for a good stretch when they were younger. Or maybe because these are the first plants I've grown and I have nothing to compare against.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant but I really could use some advice from some advanced growers here. Oh, I've also got one plant that looks different? Maybe it's the only female or vise versa I dunno? Thoughts?
The different looking plant could be a phenotype :)

I would suggest manually changing your ph for flowering and make sure your environment is relatively good.

jbird325

jbird325

I can't manually change my ph though. If you mess with the ph in the ph perfect line it will get thrown out of whack, or so they say..

dmshayne

dmshayne

I can't manually change my ph though. If you mess with the ph in the ph perfect line it will get thrown out of whack, or so they say..
Apart from that the only thing I would suggest is changing to something else :/

I would still try and see what happens when you tweak your lineup to make sure

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Looking stellar mate! Follow your gut instinct @ times...listen to the plant...

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

You can flip anytime you want, the important thing to remember is that your plant will be twice its size or more at the end of its stretch. So if you have less than your plants height now between the safe distance to the light and the max height you can raise it then you might need to supercrop(pinch and bend stems) or do some pruning b4 flip.

You can also ease into the flower nutes after you flip.
They look great, nice job, good luck. God bless

Bakataha

Bakataha

If I can recommend, I hear your basic General Hydroponics Nutrient Line would be perfect with a cal mag plus? I'm planning to do my next grow with coco and those nutes, and cut it with perlite. I'm not %100 on coco, I may use like a pro mix, but it will be a soiless with hydroponic nutes! As for the topping, they're right. It's going to take a cool minute for vertical growth to kick back up. What topping does is literally you take the top off, and all those hormones that were going to the top of the plant are now going to all of your nodes shooting out of the sides, resulting in a shorter, bushier plant. You can do this to several tops, and get a scrog going, which will increase your yield a ton! Several huge colas instead of just one main one with lower buds. You should look into Low Stress Training(LST) as well. Indoors, you want to shape those ladies to your liking

Top Bottom