First Grow- Light Dep '16

• Thread starter sorrel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sorrel23

sorrel23

Hey everyone, I'm a little late to start this since I'm only about a month away from harvest but I finally have time to sit down and write. This has been my first solo grow, while working for lots of other folks haven't ever done it on my own. On January 28th I got 5
month-old Elmers Glue and 5 Pie Face clones, they vegged under a t5, using royal gold basement mix and House and Garden coco A and B 8 ml/gal plus 4 ml/gal botanicare cal mag every third watering. Sprayed 1x/wk-10 days with Pure Ag for mite prevention and Actinovate for powdery mildew prevention.
First grow  light dep 16

On Feb 22nd I made clones- using KLN and oasis cubes, under a humidity dome with both vents open. And a heat mat. Had a scare with forgetting to water once but they bounced back fine. This is them recovering from that. I think 12 died out of all of them.
First grow  light dep 16 2

After the majority of the clones were rooted, took a little longer than two weeks, maybe 18 days.. I transplanted in to basement mix on the 12th of March. I fucking dropped an entire tray and killed 40 of them, so that was shitty, but a friend came to the rescue and hooked me up with a bunch of Cornbread OG babies, so.. it was ok. Everything got topped on the 31st of March. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures after this while they were vegging, I totally spaced on that. I spent the next 2 weeks building the greenhouses and getting supplies.. Here's some pictures from that time.
First grow  light dep 16 3
First grow  light dep 16 4

I made my dogs pose for me. The greenhouse had to be in the pre-existing one that was configured for a full season run, thus the beds... works really well for pulling tarps though because I attached pulleys to the tops of the outer greenhouse to help pull. Using 6 mil "panda" tarp- patching holes with black gorilla tape. For the spots where the tarp connects to the ropes I reinforced it with more gorilla tape and then put a golf ball on one side of the tarp and wrapped the rope around it and taped it.
First grow  light dep 16 5

I used 20 gal plastic grow bags with a coco medium. Here they are pre-transplant, on April 16th, their first day outside, with just some 33w "daylight" CFLs keeping them in veg.
First grow  light dep 16 6

First grow  light dep 16 7

Here they are on May 2nd, after being transplanted and flipped to flower on April 25th. Nutrient regiment upped by 1 ml/week first 4 weeks of flower, ending at 12 ml/gal and adding Bud XL 4 ml/gal at week 4.
First grow  light dep 16 8

Brutal pruning on May 8th
First grow  light dep 16 9
First grow  light dep 16 10
First grow  light dep 16 11

Netted on May 11th.

First grow  light dep 16 12

On the 11th I decided to switch my pulling schedule from 7 pm - 7 am to 5:30 PM open at past dark. Well, the Elmer's Glue 18 pheno did not like this and I ended up finding male flowers on every plant of that pheno. It took about 12 hours of going through each plant, working from lowest branch, lowest sub-branch all the way to the top but I took them all off and none have grown back! On the 17th, the day I found this out I switched back to the 7-7 pull time.

First grow  light dep 16 13

Elmers Glue on May 17th

First grow  light dep 16 14

Also on the 11th I burnt the shit out of the pistils with a too strong sulfur burn, which made me very sad. But After a week and a half the pistils on this same plant looked great again.
First grow  light dep 16 15

Cornbread OG on May 20th.

First grow  light dep 16 16

Pie Face in front right, Elmers Glue on left. May 25th. Day 31. Sprayed with Pure Ag at this point because I thought I saw spider mites but I don't think they were really. Have added 2 cups/50 gallons of molasses.

First grow  light dep 16 17

Elmers Glue on the 28th. I forgot to mention it was pretty cold the first two weeks of flower and this spot only gets sun from about 9-4 so I think they are going to be a little on the lower yielding side..
First grow  light dep 16 18

Helping me pull the tarp.

These are all from yesterday. Cornbread, 55 day so should be ready the 18th!
First grow  light dep 16 19

Pie Face
First grow  light dep 16 20

Top Bottom