First grow Master Kush, plants are freakin out, nute burn or potassium def.?

• Thread starter cael69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cael69

Hi everybody, I´m new in the bunch, I am currently growing a couple of Mastre Kush plants in an ebb n flow hydro system I, ve been flowering for a total of 30 days using biobizz grow, bloom, topmax and bioheaven at the companies suggested concentrations. From around day 18 up to now (day 30) there´s been a progressive yellowing which for the first week didn´t worry me so much, it then began to get worse, then I started to worry. I was "sure" it was nute burn and read up on flushing techniques, and found one that recommended 7 days...Well it´s been seven days and it hasn´t gotten better...Then I realized that the leaves were curling upwards and progrssively burning from tips to the middle and thoughtthis might actually be a potassium deficiency...Can a kind soul please give me a hand...:icon_dizzy:;(

These first five pics are the plants at day 23 flowering...closeup and group shot...

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

These are at day 29. On day 23 I started flushing and maintained a pH of 5,8 to 6,1 (drift limits) with 70 ppm @ 0.7 (0.1 ms/cm EC) which is measured with a Hanna growcheck continous reader that has a 0.7 con. factor...

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

I might have really screwed up because I panicked and changed my idea to nute deficiency of potasium based on the Cervantes book on indoor growing. I´ve added nutrients and the tds reding is 510 so after conversion 0,7 EC...Sorry for going on and on, but
i´m frakin worried!:worried

Day23 masterkush
Day23 masterkush2
Day23 masterkush3
Day23 masterkush4
Day23 masterkush5
Day30 masterkush
Day30 masterkush 2
Day30 masterkush 3
S

SkyHi

Yup curling leaves and yellow veins is what i was told is a cal/mag def

C

cael69

I live in Chile and hydro is nowhere near as commercially complex for the home grower as in the states...There is one growshopand it brings an assortment of biobizz products but that´s it, no cal/mag wonder juice here, so is there any other way? Oh and epsom salts, which i believe is magnesium sulfate, I have not been able to find, it seems it doesn´t exist either...I would order online but it seems i don´t have time to wait 2 to 3 weeks for arrival, theplants won´t wait...:sweating

C

cael69

i simply don´t have any cal/mag to add. I flushed with distilled water for 7 days maintaining ph levels between 5,5 and 6,1, ppm at 70@ .7, so EC was 0.1 during this flushing period, since I didn´t observe any changes I thought that I should add nutes again because I feared nute defficiency...so I raised up the nutes to 600-700 ppm or EC = 1 and pH at 5,5. provided Bio heaven among others which gives a well rounded dose of micronutrients...:icon_dizzy:

T

Titoon_29

i had exactly the same issues few months ago, and it was due to overwatering (in soil)....

you can find epsom salt in any drugstore... ask them saying you need more calcium in your alimentation, they should figure out something...

++

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
try the algamic Cael69, since your already running bio bizz it'll green them plants right up...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
the flushing you did with no nutes, made them yellow even more...i don't know your temps or your medium and there are many factors...but looks to be more than just cal mag....

C

cael69

My medium is kept at 24°C, pH drifts between 5,5 and 6,1. The TDS is at 680 ppm @ 0,7 (EC aprox. 1.0). I don´t know whether the flushing made it worse, I don´t believe so, I just think the Masterkush was very sensitive to the deficiency, so flushing alone was not enough to kick it back towards recovery...Reelbusy1, I am perfectly aware that there are solutions like ebay to obtain needed equip. and accesories, unfortunately it´s not as easy to obtain distribution to Chile, so forget about "free shipping", and on the other hand, there is a time factor:time that a farmer can´t avoid which means your plants cannot wait 7-15 days for your "solution" to arrive, for my next grow I´ll make sure and keep in mind getting some cal/mag...that said, I don´t have infinite credit either...

C

cael69

Hey Reelbusy1, thanx for the link, I will make sure and order some of that juice, looks like the free shipping thing is for real, atleast I´ll have some cal/mag for the next grow.

O

organicdave

Are you guys sure this is not a phosphorus deficiency instead??!!

Not really familiar with bioheaven.
Never had good results with top max.
Love biogrow and biobloom though just without all the other stuff.

R

ReelBusy1

Are you guys sure this is not a phosphorus deficiency instead??!!

Not really familiar with bioheaven.
Never had good results with top max.
Love biogrow and biobloom though just without all the other stuff.

As sure as I can be from those pics. I've seen this alot lately with a lot of folks.

*its the curling leaves that let you know this is not Potassium.

*A Potassium def just changes color and gets brittle the curling is a sure sign of the cal-mag.

*Also that it happened at 30 days into flowering most cal mag def hits in the 4-5th week locks it down

*Also if its cal mag you can keep giving it bloom if you think its potassium for the potassium and nothing happens it just gets worse so....

*Also it happens in about 24-72 hours. Cal mag defs hit fast and hard. Potassium defs creep on a leaf for a week....

Farmer med.botony posted this must read article on the subject in this thread:

Happy growing!

J

Jalisco Kid

C69, believe it or not but you do not need nutes designed to be sold for herb growers. You have access to agriculture products. They sell one of the best manufactured products in south America. Call your local agr.dept and ask where they sell Haifa Chemicals. Their polyfeed line is one of the best hydro formulas out there and they have some of the cleanest salts out there. Get some of their polyamin also. Suerte JK

mace

mace

Exactly how close are you lights to your plants? And what wattages? Also, what are you "daytime" temps in your room. Might not be call mag, friend. Looks like it could be heat/light stress to me, since it seems to only be effecting the very tops of your plants.

Fill this out and we'll nail the problem down for you.

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

C

cael69

Hey everybody, just wanted to let you all know how grateful I am for this generous community of fellow farmers. I got some cal-mag and I think it really saved those areas of my grow which weren´t so badly affected by the deficiency, watching the plants and getting the feel for what they´re asking for is surely a subtle art, so thanx for helping me along...:rauch08:

Master kush
Master kush2
Master kush3
Masterkush harvest
Masterkush harvest2
JH420

JH420

Congrats on your really nice buds! I just found out recently how important the CalMag is myself.

Top Bottom