First grow need advice; outdoor

• Thread starter Limit420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Limit420

I have been blazing for as long as I can remember; anything. I just recently got into growing. This site has helped me a lot, but I still need more help. I have 2 seeds that sprouted (I believe they are a type of haze not sure which) could anyone just give a fellow soon-to-be farmer some advice. :)

Things I still don't know are in the range of:
-Telling if the plant is female / male before it buds (if that's possible)
-What to do if it rains, will the pH be out of balance?
-What to do if the pH is out of balance (don't have a pH scale)
-What is the best food / fertilizer / additive; I have some stuff called b'cuzz root stimulator, foliar, grow stimulator, and bloom stimulator. I also have a fertilizer called Tiger Bloom.

That is pretty much it for now if any one could please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You'll be able to sex the plants once they begin to alternate growing nodes (rather than directly opposed growing nodes). That will occur when they've got about six to eight nodes-worth of growth.

Don't worry about pH if it rains. In fact, wait for the plant to "tell" you what's up.

I personally don't care for the chemical nutrients, if that's the route you take then you'll definitely have to pay closer attention to things like pH. I'm an organic gal, and for a newb I think Blue Mountain Organics could be a better (easier) route for you to go. Others love their chemmie nutes and will tell you what's good and bad about each one they might recommend.

Get to reading!

G

girl 86

i can recommend the guide found in one of the sticky threads here in outdoor

...doing my first grow and it helps loads (although it's a good read)

B

Badmf

Most "first-timers" kill em with kindness! So don't "overdo" anything overwater, overfert etc. The plant has temperature, humidity, nutrient, Ph and watering ranges. You should get familiar with making a list of these and of course outdoors you can't really control temps/humidity unless you do a covering or greenhouse. Most important rule is "Don't tell nobody no time no how Nuthin!"

L

Limit420

You'll be able to sex the plants once they begin to alternate growing nodes (rather than directly opposed growing nodes). That will occur when they've got about six to eight nodes-worth of growth.

Don't worry about pH if it rains. In fact, wait for the plant to "tell" you what's up.

I personally don't care for the chemical nutrients, if that's the route you take then you'll definitely have to pay closer attention to things like pH. I'm an organic gal, and for a newb I think Blue Mountain Organics could be a better (easier) route for you to go. Others love their chemmie nutes and will tell you what's good and bad about each one they might recommend.

Get to reading!

Hey thanks alot. I'll be checking for that. Also you don't use any nutrients at all?

i can recommend the guide found in one of the sticky threads here in outdoor

...doing my first grow and it helps loads (although it's a good read)

Thanks. I will check some of this stickies out.

Most "first-timers" kill em with kindness! So don't "overdo" anything overwater, overfert etc. The plant has temperature, humidity, nutrient, Ph and watering ranges. You should get familiar with making a list of these and of course outdoors you can't really control temps/humidity unless you do a covering or greenhouse. Most important rule is "Don't tell nobody no time no how Nuthin!"

Haha. I hear you, I kinda been going crazy since its my first time. I know not to overwater them and what not. But I do check em like crazy. I have been taking it easy and just letting them do their thing. They don't have a greenhouse or anything just chillin' between some other fruits and veges.

Where you going to grow them Limit420?????

Well they are just sitting out in the sun. No place special just a little table I made. Right now they are in not even 1gallon pots. But I am going to be moving them over to some 5gallon pots when they grow a bit more.

Once again guys thanks a lot for the help. I am very appreciative. I should be getting 30 seeds today. Been doing lots of research. I will have pics soon. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom