First Grow - Need Advise! (pics)

• Thread starter Lollo84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

Your plants look wikid for your first grow.
My first 2 plants ever fell over n died, my next three died aswel, I killed em by accident lol
3rd time I got to the finish line. Practice makes perfect!
You don't need to buy loads of stuff to start with, in the past I've grown bigger plants than your babies with no fans, no ph'd water, no humidifier, no tent, just 160w of cfl and miracle gro pour n feed.
I'm not recommending you do that but I'm just saying it ain't all about having the best equipment

R

Rob 1985

Your plants look wikid for your first grow.
My first 2 plants ever fell over n died, my next three died aswel, I killed em by accident lol
3rd time I got to the finish line. Practice makes perfect!
You don't need to buy loads of stuff to start with, in the past I've grown bigger plants than your babies with no fans, no ph'd water, no humidifier, no tent, just 160w of cfl and miracle gro pour n feed.
I'm not recommending you do that but I'm just saying it ain't all about having the best equipment

Plants looking a little better but still droopy this is autoflower ak 48

IMG 20181119 212700
IMG 20181119 212736
IMG 20181119 212709
Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

Thanks a lot for your reply!
And you’re totally right: I guess I mistakenly translated ‘watering’ with ‘giving love’ :)

For the next time I already bought fabric pots that should help as well..
Is there an average amount of water for 10litres pots? Like 100 ml every 2 days or so..
I pick up my girls in their pots just an inch off the floor or so to see how heavy they are. If they are light I feed, if heavy I wait a couple days. If I'm not sure, I leave it and check it again 12 hrs later or so. In the am and then at night, then it always gets it then or the next morning. Once in awhile I'll let the leaves droop alittle to just make sure I'm not getting them to wet for to long. Just what I do, never had a problem with over watering, and I think they get plenty. Like every 3 to 5 days...Again, just what I do and o think they fill out fine. Also imo, you could veg another few weeks and get 3x or more you're return. Just my opinion. Best of luck, you're in a good place to learn from these boys...

IMG 4571
IMG 4572
IMG 4573
R

Rob 1985

I pick up my girls in their pots just an inch off the floor or so to see how heavy they are. If they are light I feed, if heavy I wait a couple days. If I'm not sure, I leave it and check it again 12 hrs later or so. In the am and then at night, then it always gets it then or the next morning. Once in awhile I'll let the leaves droop alittle to just make sure I'm not getting them to wet for to long. Just what I do, never had a problem with over watering, and I think they get plenty. Like every 3 to 5 days...Again, just what I do and o think they fill out fine. Also imo, you could veg another few weeks and get 3x or more you're return. Just my opinion. Best of luck, you're in a good place to learn from these boys...

Nice plants thanks for your input I'll have to try it out my am 48 cauliflower is looking a lot better I'm on day 45 I want to prune so bad but I really don't want to stress this plant cause it's 11 to 13 weeks seed to harvest here are some pics my big plant that is going 7 weeks in flower is the second pic first pic ak48.....oh yea what strain is that u are growing nice buds

R

Rob 1985

Nice plants thanks for your input I'll have to try it out my am 48 cauliflower is looking a lot better I'm on day 45 I want to prune so bad but I really don't want to stress this plant cause it's 11 to 13 weeks seed to harvest here are some pics my big plant that is going 7 weeks in flower is the second pic first pic ak48.....oh yea what strain is that u are growing nice buds
IMG 20181125 012727
IMG 20181125 012721
IMG 20181125 012642

Reactions: Ina
Lollo84

Lollo84

Hi guys,
Finally I started a new growth.
Still in the early stages, but one of the 2 plants is looking a bit weird.
As you can see from the photos, it’s growing in an odd shape..
anyone know what it could be?

Growing medium: mix of soil, coco coir and perlite.
Light: 600W led
Humidity: 50/60%
Temp: 23/28 C
Nutrients: not more than 500ppm for now

1FF8DBCF 3ADC 4089 A1A5 083A86F2331A
1DCAEED5 4208 4C14 8D9F 7065518BE120
488F0D88 56FF 462F 8C21 883C684F7D69
schwab0619

schwab0619

Hi guys,
Finally I started a new growth.
Still in the early stages, but one of the 2 plants is looking a bit weird.
As you can see from the photos, it’s growing in an odd shape..
anyone know what it could be?

Growing medium: mix of soil, coco coir and perlite.
Light: 600W led
Humidity: 50/60%
Temp: 23/28 C
Nutrients: not more than 500ppm for now
Common. Just keep them alive until week 3 and they will blow up if they are a keeper.

Ina

Ina

Lollo84:It is from the soil /watering.Add more perlite and leave them longer to dry more,more O2 is needed in the soil and now most important is root developing,after that comes the eating:).Also be carefull with nutes,they don't need much now( no need at all in fact,root stimulator will be better idea).When you transplant make better mix properly aerated.I would skip the coco in the mix.....but that's me.....

Lollo84

Lollo84

Lollo84:It is from the soil /watering.Add more perlite and leave them longer to dry more,more O2 is needed in the soil and now most important is root developing,after that comes the eating:).Also be carefull with nutes,they don't need much now( no need at all in fact,root stimulator will be better idea).When you transplant make better mix properly aerated.I would skip the coco in the mix.....but that's me.....

Great suggestion!
I also bought Mycorrhizal inoculant and was planning to use it on transplant.
Should I do it now?
Also, why don't you like coco? It's the first time I use it, but I understood it should actually help roots breathe, am i wrong?

Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

Thanks buddy. Top pic is boss hogg.......Second OG glueberry, alittle yellow, she eats nitro like crazy even in flower, also Pinapple chunk and G14hashplant and the bottom is the Glueberry also.

Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

Idk..isnt that ppm abit strong for a seedling?
I dont run any nuits till i see she needs it. My clones at 250, a bean at 500 is totally nuts to me, just me, but thays why the leaves are twisted in my opinon.. the only time i see rolled leaves on a bean os cause of ppms. Just my opinion but way way to high..

Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

If they are looking good and dark green, just stripping like the lower 3rd should be good, not to much, but enough to get the food where ya want it should be fine bro just ,y opinion but ot should be ok...L3ss water and now they are looking better ? A third should be good....!May help them actully

Lollo84

Lollo84

I know you guys told me it’s normal, but it’s now week 3 and one of the plant still looks quite weird..
she’s with another one (same conditions) which is perfectly fine..

Any ideas? Could that be just a crap genetic?

A58C1DA8 59F2 433D B95D C804362567BE
1BF3BBA6 B0CC 4087 A530 7F39F4B8EB86
25E82E60 D62F 4022 8280 523FBF502BB3
Lollo84

Lollo84

Btw, I also checked for bugs under the leaves and nothing as you can see from the pic

WIN 20181203 222234
Dan789

Dan789

Sorry man, those don't look like they're going to make it.

Lollo84

Lollo84

In the interest of sharing, this is what you should NOT do :D
I harvested too early when the trichomes didn't turn cloudy yet. As you can see, they were still clear..
Next time I guess..

WIN 20181204 222408
Last edited:
Ina

Ina

I know you guys told me it’s normal, but it’s now week 3 and one of the plant still looks quite weird..
she’s with another one (same conditions) which is perfectly fine..

Any ideas? Could that be just a crap genetic?
You can turn it upside down and check the roots.Than change the soil,clean it if there is worms or something in the soil,if it stays too wet.....I will show you mine,it was in the same condition,i was calling it The swastika :)It was growing realy,realy slow and ugly compared with the others as you can see...It turned good after some improvements in the soil and watering and started to grow normal.I'm sure it was my mistake:)So try to check and change something in that direction.Coco is fine but I prefer to use it clean or with perlite the way coco should be used with proper fertz and stuff.Not in soil mix with peat....
img_4924-jpg.801595

Last edited:
Top Bottom