First Grow.. Need Assistance Correcting A Few Things

• Thread starter sticky001200
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sticky001200

first off, my plants are growing like crazy. probably a foot in the last 10 days but, many lower leaves are dying off and mid level leaves are starting to show brown spots while other leaves are fading to yellow.. some plants show top leaves curling up like they're praying and also looking really veiny.

im growing in botanicare ready grow moisture coco. 3 gallon grow bags, 6 1000w gavitas, running co2 at 1500ppm and ac controlling room temp at around 83-87.. I heard room temp is not that much of an issue when running co2, is that true?

im 4 days into flower stage and just adjusted the lights from 750w to 1000w and co2 from 1000 to 1500ppm. could it be shock from the extra light and co2? also noticed humidity was 90 during night...
feeding every 1-2 days using the following:
30 gal rez
tap water
JJ mirco 180ml
JJ bloom 270ml
GH CaliMagic 60ml
Liquid karma 30ml
Super Thrive 30ml
Bluelab Guardian meter reads PPM 1270-1330, EC 1.7-1.9, PH 6.2. I use PH down to decrease ph to 5.8
- my runoff scores in PH 6.7-7.0. i have read about flushing but most articles refer to flushing before harvest..? do i just use my tap water and ph it down to 5.8? or do i mix in nutes? if so, how much nutes should i use?... and how often should i flush?

feedback, recommendation, other deficiencies, thoughts?

thx!

First grow need assistance correcting a few things
First grow need assistance correcting a few things 2
First grow need assistance correcting a few things 3
First grow need assistance correcting a few things 4
First grow need assistance correcting a few things 5
First grow need assistance correcting a few things 6
First grow need assistance correcting a few things 7
First grow need assistance correcting a few things 8
First grow need assistance correcting a few things 9
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Your pH and EC might be a little high. I do see a Magnesium deficiency. You can do a foliar with some Epsom salt that can correct it immediately.

Best of luck. Peace

S

sticky001200

Your pH and EC might be a little high. I do see a Magnesium deficiency. You can do a foliar with some Epsom salt that can correct it immediately.

Best of luck. Peace

Thx Shroomking. i am about to spray the plants with eagle20 and forbid to prevent mites so should i do the foliar spray first or afterwards? also,when you say epsom salt i assume i can pick that up from the shop but what dosage would i use per liter or per gallon? just a light spray or should i soak the leaves?

i forgot to mention that i up'd the calmag from 60ml to 130ml last feeding and have it prepared at 130 for the next feeding, tomorrow.

flushing not required?

thx again!!!!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'm not an expert. You have alot going on I'm not knowledgeable in, ie coco, your nutes, etc.

But Epsom salt as a foliar at 1 tablespoon per gallon to correct a mag deficiency is a standard.
My best advice is...
When in doubt, flush it out.
And less IS more.

Best of luck.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Man. You might be overwatering. I'm seeing mag lockout due to overwatering in retrospect. Your using alot of nutes, so I doubt the deficiency is from lack of mag in your regimen.
I would check some coco grow journals/threads on proper moisture levels on coco.

Best of luck.
Peace

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

When in doubt, flush it out.
And less IS more.
Growing in coco has been a journey for me..
I used to flush my coco every week.. Then I went to every 5 days or even less..
Now I use minimal nutes and flush before harvest only.. But when in doubt flush!!
Your runoff seems high,, mine would read 5.5. to 5.7

Best of luck,,
cocoJoe

S

sticky001200

Man. You might be overwatering. I'm seeing mag lockout due to overwatering in retrospect. Your using alot of nutes, so I doubt the deficiency is from lack of mag in your regimen.
I would check some coco grow journals/threads on proper moisture levels on coco.

Best of luck.
Peace

I was contemplating whether my water had something to do with it but i really dont water that much or that often.. everyday to every other day just depends on the how moist to dry the coco is then i just put enough nutes in to get runoff then vacuum that ish out... but i like your idea on those grow journals. i will check them out, thanks again for your feedback!

S

sticky001200

Growing in coco has been a journey for me..
I used to flush my coco every week.. Then I went to every 5 days or even less..
Now I use minimal nutes and flush before harvest only.. But when in doubt flush!!
Your runoff seems high,, mine would read 5.5. to 5.7

Best of luck,,
cocoJoe

if i flush. do i add 4 gallons of ph'd water to my 3 gallon bags? is that enough? Any other nutes or supps for flushing or just ph tap water to 5.8? thanks cocojoe!

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

When I did flush regularly,, I would use Clearex in PHed water.. One gallon water to one gallon of container..
I let them sit 24 hours before feeding again.. But as I said I don't do this method anymore..
It seems coco can get salt build-up pretty quickly,, thus the light feedings I use now..
Remember varying PH is not a bad thing.. 5.8 TO 6.3.. Check your runoff once a week or so..
If your working with hard water,, mix nutes and water then PH.. Allow the mix to sit a day and rePH the mix..
My PH has always drifted..

Hope this is some help,,
cocoJoe

derkaderk

derkaderk

Be very careful with the eagle20....it's some nasty shit. You need full respirator and ppe equipment, or you can cause yourself some damage. It should be used only once, since it's systemic, and I believe it's half life is around 60 days or longer.
Most cats I know spray the moms, then run clones in an effort to have the systemic chemicals purged by harvest.

S

sticky001200

When I did flush regularly,, I would use Clearex in PHed water.. One gallon water to one gallon of container..
I let them sit 24 hours before feeding again.. But as I said I don't do this method anymore..
It seems coco can get salt build-up pretty quickly,, thus the light feedings I use now..
Remember varying PH is not a bad thing.. 5.8 TO 6.3.. Check your runoff once a week or so..
If your working with hard water,, mix nutes and water then PH.. Allow the mix to sit a day and rePH the mix..
My PH has always drifted..

Hope this is some help,,
cocoJoe

plants are looking much better today and all did was give it time. i think since this is my first, i am being overly paranoid, which isnt a bad thing. but yeah, i heard same stories with coco and thankfully iv been doing just as you said, feed frequently but in small doses. rather than spending a full day flushing i am going to switch to nutes, water, nutes etc.. if things get worst then i will go pick up clearex, roll a phatty and flush.

thanks again for your time and feedback!

S

sticky001200

Be very careful with the eagle20....it's some nasty shit. You need full respirator and ppe equipment, or you can cause yourself some damage. It should be used only once, since it's systemic, and I believe it's half life is around 60 days or longer.
Most cats I know spray the moms, then run clones in an effort to have the systemic chemicals purged by harvest.

i wish the guys at the shop warned me about eagle2o... i am week 1 flower and sprayed the plants down yesterday, no respirator. it didnt seem too strong tho cuz it was only 3ml per gallon, but next time i am definitely wearing the resp. thank you.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Good job on upping the calmag, i would go even further to 150ml that would put you at 5ml per gl. Also i would stop using the superthrive at this stage in the grow it might do more harm than good. They might herm on you. Co2 definitely increases your plants tolerance to heat but imo it's way to hot in there, also later in the final stages co2 tends to diminish the odor in flowers might want to watch out for that. Anything above 1200ppm's is a waste on co2. Your ec isnt that high at all and your plants dont seem affected at all, no tip burn whatsoever. Watering every other day should be sufficient in 3gl bags. You should flush every 4 weeks as you transition from veg to bloom and when you start with your PK boost or finishers, like chaching, overdrive, koolbloom powder and at the end to flush out chemicals and enhance flavor. It should be done at a rate of 3×the amount of your container size, so for you 9gl. Once the plants are about 3 weeks in to flowering switch cal mag to Epsom salts to reduce Nitrogen. IMO you ran into trouble because of low calmag and high temps. All in all you've got ample time to recover. Best of luck to you. P.s NEVER APPLY ANY PESTICIDES ONCE YOU'VE STARTED TO FLOWER.

Top Bottom