First Grow. Need Help With Dwc

• Thread starter ShivCoop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ShivCoop

ive recently decided to start a small grow. My buddy gave me some seeds from plants he was growing. Not really sure what strain they are. My neighbor also had an Afghan skunk feminized auto seed that he gave me. Started that one 2 weeks later than other. They are all started in Rockwool. Had 8/10 seeds that were good. Let the roots pop out of the Rockwool and transplanted to solo cups. This is in a 3x3 tent btw. They are now outdoors in 3.5 gallon buckets. The Afghan skunk is in a DWC. hydro bucket. 5 gal. 5.7 ph. 300ppm nutes. I am using the 3 part nutes from general hydro. Also some rapid start. Water is about 70. And tent temp is 79. I have 2 air stones in the bucket. And my pump with a drip runs one time a day for 30 minutes. Sprout is about 2 weeks old. Been in the bucket for 4 days now. I have a vicaspectra led 300w. About 16 inches away. The growth is really slow. Was wondering if anyone had any idea why

First grow need help with dwc
First grow need help with dwc 2
First grow need help with dwc 3
First grow need help with dwc 4
Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

you've confused me

all the plants outside are not in hydro

The technique you're following is very old school

Read through my thread for ideas and better solutions

S

ShivCoop

you've confused me

all the plants outside are not in hydro

The technique you're following is very old school

Read through my thread for ideas and better solutions

Sorry bro. Should have split it up better. I have 8 plants outside. And the one hydro inside

S

ShivCoop

So. After reading through numerous forums. I came across one that said to pull out all the hydroton. And takeout the Rockwool and see if it was dripping. So I started to pull out the hydroton. Get down to the Rockwool. And low and behold. A 2 inch long root that just couldn’t find its way. So I stuck it trough a hole in the net pot and filled her back in. Water level is 1/2 inch below the net pot

DGP

DGP

So. After reading through numerous forums. I came across one that said to pull out all the hydroton. And takeout the Rockwool and see if it was dripping. So I started to pull out the hydroton. Get down to the Rockwool. And low and behold. A 2 inch long root that just couldn’t find its way. So I stuck it trough a hole in the net pot and filled her back in. Water level is 1/2 inch below the net pot

I think you should run your water level a little higher until the roots really show out of the bottom of the net pot. I usually use top feed drippers (recirculating hydro) when the plants are young so they don't dry out. However, you don't want to drown them.

My experience is that seedlings at this stage slow down or stop growing for a short period while they develop roots. Once some roots start poking out the plant will take off quick.

Dee

S

ShivCoop

I think you should run your water level a little higher until the roots really show out of the bottom of the net pot. I usually use top feed drippers (recirculating hydro) when the plants are young so they don't dry out. However, you don't want to drown them.

My experience is that seedlings at this stage slow down or stop growing for a short period while they develop roots. Once some roots start poking out the plant will take off quick.

Dee
Yeah. I have a drip. The bubbles popping from the air stone keep it moist. The root is now in the water. So I’m guessing it should start taking off pretty soon. The root is about 2 inches long. And my Rockwool is in the bottom on my net pot. So I think 1/2 inch below the pot is good for the water level. Any higher the Rockwool would be sitting in the water

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

the problem with drip

it channels to the areaa of least resistance, which means that root development is being limited to ony those areas. I tried Hydro Halo drip rings, but had to drill out the holes due to clogging

S

ShivCoop

the problem with drip

it channels to the areaa of least resistance, which means that root development is being limited to ony those areas. I tried Hydro Halo drip rings, but had to drill out the holes due to clogging

Yeah forsure. I made my own ring. But I’m not using the drip at all right now

Top Bottom