First Grow Need Help

• Thread starter Boomshankar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Boomshankar

Boomshankar

Hello everyone, I have made a diy indoor grow box with all the knowledge from watching YouTube. I had got 3 seeds of dinafem sweet drape grapefruit. The germination was proper of all the 3 but two of them died and now I am left with a single plant which is now 22 days. Yesterday I added nutrients in the feed and now I am worried. This is my first time growing and creating a thread so please correct me if I am going wrong. I am posting some pic of the plant .I would really appreciate all the advice, thanks
First grow need help
First grow need help 2

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hello everyone, I have made a diy indoor grow box with all the knowledge from watching YouTube. I had got 3 seeds of dinafem sweet drape grapefruit. The germination was proper of all the 3 but two of them died and now I am left with a single plant which is now 22 days. Yesterday I added nutrients in the feed and now I am worried. This is my first time growing and creating a thread so please correct me if I am going wrong. I am posting some pic of the plant .I would really appreciate all the advice, thanks View attachment 763586 View attachment 763588
too soon for nutrients,,is that soil or coco

dan1989

dan1989

Doesn't look too soon for nutes in my opinion, at the very least needs 1/4 strength feed. Look at the cotyledons, they are drained, hence the yellow...soon your plant will start consuming the nutes in your fan leaves...which is not good...looks like you're growing in soil. Assuming you've not got a early lockout in that soil of yours...

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

Doesn't look too soon for nutes in my opinion, at the very least needs 1/4 strength feed. Look at the cotyledons, they are drained, hence the yellow...soon your plant will start consuming the nutes in your fan leaves...which is not good...looks like you're growing in soil. Assuming you've not got a early lockout in that soil of yours...
I am posting a pic of the nutes I used. I added 0.9 ml of each to 1liter of water and ph it around 5.5
I feed the plant about quarter of the one liter.
Any remedies for the soil lockout?

20171210 133152
Boomshankar

Boomshankar

Posting two pics one before nutes and second is after feed. Darker green is before

Screenshot 20171211 150201
Screenshot 20171211 150140
Boomshankar

Boomshankar

I did change the light time after nutes. Before the first feed it was 18/6 now it 24. Please let me know if I am going wrong. I am posting a pic of the last temp and humidity

Screenshot 20171211 222456
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It's soil
in soil you souldnt have to feed that plant about once a week and a cup of water goes a long way,dont keep soil wet,keep moist and at the stage your in,that soil will feed that plant for at least another 3 weeks,starting from seed in ocean forest,i water in before i put seed in,after that i put about a tsp of water in solo cup for about a week all around edge of cup,to wet will rot your stem,so moist is the key,in soil every time you see runoff coming from your pots,you also see a lot of life and nutrients,so my best method is just a tad ever now and then,when you get your first 5 finger leaves,transplant in final pot,,imagine this ,you have a pine tree 15 ft tall,how long is the tap root? tap root is half the length of plant,so a plant 4in tall expect a 2in tap root,so why water the feeders under it,water the edges and make it spread,when you water to much you also compact the soil,soil even with perlite,vermiculite still compact if abused,you hear the term flush,in soil flush means last 2 weeks of life ,feed nothing but water,the flush they recomend,is drench the shit out of it to flush out chemical imbalance,,you cant flush soil all you do is make mud that still hold these salts and chemical,,so even using the line up you got you can still do it proper as long as you dont over do it,,dont drench it,cup at a time,believe me as the plant matures it let you know when it needs more

Dewd

Dewd

I did change the light time after nutes. Before the first feed it was 18/6 now it 24. Please let me know if I am going wrong. I am posting a pic of the last temp and humidity
That's kinda on the warm side also. imo
I would drop it to 24-26c if possible.
Also what light are you using and how far away is it?

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

in soil you souldnt have to feed that plant about once a week and a cup of water goes a long way,dont keep soil wet,keep moist and at the stage your in,that soil will feed that plant for at least another 3 weeks,starting from seed in ocean forest,i water in before i put seed in,after that i put about a tsp of water in solo cup for about a week all around edge of cup,to wet will rot your stem,so moist is the key,in soil every time you see runoff coming from your pots,you also see a lot of life and nutrients,so my best method is just a tad ever now and then,when you get your first 5 finger leaves,transplant in final pot,,imagine this ,you have a pine tree 15 ft tall,how long is the tap root? tap root is half the length of plant,so a plant 4in tall expect a 2in tap root,so why water the feeders under it,water the edges and make it spread,when you water to much you also compact the soil,soil even with perlite,vermiculite still compact if abused,you hear the term flush,in soil flush means last 2 weeks of life ,feed nothing but water,the flush they recomend,is drench the shit out of it to flush out chemical imbalance,,you cant flush soil all you do is make mud that still hold these salts and chemical,,so even using the line up you got you can still do it proper as long as you dont over do it,,dont drench it,cup at a time,believe me as the plant matures it let you know when it needs more
I am planning to transplant in the final pot in 3 days. I have a 12inch pot, wating for the potting mix. Will post pic as i do it thanks.

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

That's kinda on the warm side also. imo
I would drop it to 24-26c if possible.
Also what light are you using and how far away is it?
Yes will make sure not to go over 26. I have two led bulb white 30w each, 2900lumens per bulb. I have kept the plant about 6inch(approximately) away from the light. Posting a pic for reference. Thanks

20171211 145020
Boomshankar

Boomshankar

Yes will make sure not to go over 26. I have two led bulb white 30w each, 2900lumens per bulb. I have kept the plant about 6inch(approximately) away from the light. Posting a pic for reference. Thanks
Using one bulb right now.

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

What kind of soil!
Plain soil with out fertiliser is what I have been told. I have marked this soil gets stiff if its dry
I have ordered proper potting mix will arrive in 3-4 days. I hope the plant makes it till there, any advice?

Organikz

Organikz

@dan1989
Leaf mortality is controlled by the plant. It isn't always a negative reason. Death of cotyledons is the first preprogrammed leaf death caused by release of the terminal hormone known as oxidase. The reason for this is that cotyledons are not needed after true leaves grow in. Oxidase is what allows leaves to succumb to oxidation.

@Boomshankar
Your plants look happy overall. Consider more aeration component. I make my own soil but if I bought a cubic foot of fox farms or something I would add an additional gallon of aeration out the gate.

Monster762

Monster762

Perelite. Add it in new soil before mixing. I would agree to feed but feed lightly. Also as said don’t saturate the soil. Roots aren’t there to absorb it yet. Seems like slow start but once you get it right it’ll take off. Also 5.5 ph is low for soil. Try around 6.2-6.5.

Top Bottom