First Grow Outdoor - 3x Silver Rock Star Skunk (med Man)

• Thread starter BigNod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BigNod

This grow started when I took 3x SRSS seeds and sprouted them with the moist paper towel on a plate method. A couple days later, on May 20, 2015 I planted them in small pots filled with locally sourced, bagged, certified organic soil and a bit of water. :)

I'd had these seeds sitting in their container in a dark, dry spot in my house for well over a year. With many renovations going on the grow room kept getting pushed down the list. Finally I decided just to put a couple of my 'free seeds' (they were thrown in for free on an order of 2 other sets of seeds...bonus!! :D) in to some dirt and see what happened. Worst case scenario would be some knowledge gained. Best case scenario....knowledge gained AND kickass weed!

What a fun process to follow their progression this has been! I took pictures along the way and will eventually put a selection up to show their progression, along with the few things I did to them along the way (for better or worse).

I welcome completely honest comments, suggestions, etc. as I'm here to learn as much as I can.

B

BigNod

FLOWERING:
Ok, not so chronological as you might expect, but these are the pics I have handy now because they were taken today.
I have 3 girls (ok...actually have a 4th, but more on that later!) SRSS-A, SRSS-B, SRSS-C, all planted 20 May 2015.
I believe this is around day 35 of flowering. Again, this is an outdoor grow so I didn't flip to 12/12...mother nature did. ;) I have to see if I can find/if I took any pictures of the first signs of flowering and when that was. Pretty sure this strain was supposed to be 55-60 days (will look that up too...).
Anyhoo....off to the races...
MJB 8039SRSS a 009
MJB 8042SRSS a 010
MJB 8043SRSS a 011
MJB 8047SRSS a 012
MJB 8036SRSS a 008

B

BigNod

Looks nice!
Maybe feed a little more next run? Or were you looking for a super fade?
Haha, I'm so new I don't even know what a 'super fade' means! ;)
So this was a first grow 'throw them in a bucket and see what happens' sort of thing. Ok, I actually did lots of little jobs to take care of them; security, water, covered when too much water, moved to sun, and transplanted to bigger pots etc. BUT.. didn't do any nutrient feeding except about week 4(??) when I gave them a single feed of Nitrogen heavy, organic nutrient for their pots. Ran this as a learning experience and a 'baseline' for a mostly natural grow. Really going to be doing some more reading etc. on what/if/when nutrients as I'm looking to go indoors this winter. Thanks for taking the time the tip, the thumbs up, and thanks for growing!! ;) (ps...never found my keys either!! hahaha)

str8smokn

str8smokn

I thought she looked too light green/ yellow at that stage of flower,only day 35 . You will need to amend the soil better for next run. The flowers look nice though.
STR8

B

BigNod

It's actually about 49 days now. ;)
But yeah, next go round will definitelybe doing more soil/nute management. Thanks for the tips!

Top Bottom