First Grow Ph Problems...

• Thread starter ChunpoweR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

Hi guys first grow. Basically I got 10 day old seedlings not doing too. I started them in rapid rooters and transplanted them into solo cups using fox farms light warrior. PHed water went in at 6.3 and runoff was 5.3....

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hi guys first grow. Basically I got 10 day old seedlings not doing too. I started them in rapid rooters and transplanted them into solo cups using fox farms light warrior. PHed water went in at 6.3 and runoff was 5.3....
Then give it 7 for a few waters and check runoff again in a week or 2.

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

I tried flushing a seedling with 8 pH earlier and it did not raise runoff at all. Ended up retarding a leaf instead.

20160703 182714
ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

Okay so should I keep watering at 6.3 or do I need to water at 7? Light warrior is considered a soilless medium which is kinda confusing me.

stonestacker

stonestacker

I grow in rockwool. I ph my food between 5.3-5.8. I have no experience with Light Warrior. If it is a true soiles I think your ph is to high going in already. just stick with what you are already doing and wait and see. Depending on your rh you will not need to water for 2-3 days.

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

Okay just gonna stick it out with 6.3 going in. New growth is dark coming out. And I got these little white dots everywhere. Thought?

20160703 182608
20160703 182657
ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

I tried feeding them half strength cloning solution one time. Its called Life.

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

OK so should I dose the next watering with calcium? I didn't know my seedlings were in that much trouble...

ken dog

ken dog

Not big trouble, but you did ask about the white dots...

Foliar spray with calcium... Quarter teaspoons per gallon works fine... make sure to turn the lights off after you spray, and make sure that you spray the bottom of the leaves as well.
Cal Mag works okay as well, if you don't have plain calcium.

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

They are on a 24 hour light cycle. Would me switching the lights off still be okay? Thanks for all the help.

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

Okay. Just to be safe this time I watered half of the plants that needed watering with just plain tap water. Went in at 6.2 pH 0.2 ec 130 ppm. It came out 5.5 pH 0.4 ec 250 ppm. So that is a 0.2 rise in pH. I'm going to just water with plain water and see how it goes.

Lovelylisa

Lovelylisa

Calm down take a breath hun. They are your babies you won't kill them may stress the hell out of them and yourself however Ken Dog is giving you sound advice. Take head and learn trial and error. You can be a great farmer. Just remember what you learn even if you have to keep a journal which you should always. Relax hum.

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

I just can't believe how hard it is to get perfectly healthy plants. I mean I got a huge aquarium, 3 parrots etc... Didn't think growing would be this difficult. Just bothers the hell out of me.

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

Okay. Woke up today with what I think are under watered plants. Been about 2 days since watering. Soil was somewhat wet an inch down ; definitely was not moist. Watered immediately.

1467847703803 498893930
1467847737302 720097430
Last edited:
Top Bottom