First Grow Pride

• Thread starter Archie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Archie

Archie

Likeminded Enthusiasts:
I could not be more pleased with this first grow! I usually post in my thread concerning Nutrients...but I thought I’d share a couple of pics here to, well...share my enthusiasm. If you read my thread in Nutrients & Fertilization, you’ll see that I deal with a multitude of hurdles that have much to do with the climate in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Thus far I’ve succeeded at my “keep it simple approach,” and these pics are the pudding of proof! Thanks to all who have offered their valuable advice...I’ve learned more from your personal, laborious experiences than most books combined! This is a great website...’bout time I give back to the cause and purchase a membership.

First grow pride
First grow pride 2
Kuhls

Kuhls

Likeminded Enthusiasts:
I could not be more pleased with this first grow! I usually post in my thread concerning Nutrients...but I thought I’d share a couple of pics here to, well...share my enthusiasm. If you read my thread in Nutrients & Fertilization, you’ll see that I deal with a multitude of hurdles that have much to do with the climate in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Thus far I’ve succeeded at my “keep it simple approach,” and these pics are the pudding of proof! Thanks to all who have offered their valuable advice...I’ve learned more from your personal, laborious experiences than most books combined! This is a great website...’bout time I give back to the cause and purchase a membership.
What kind of nutrients do you add. Seems like mines growing good but could be better im sure. Ive never put anything but water on it

Kuhls

Kuhls

Yeah its all great farm land. its surrounded by by a big creek and soybean fields my gpa plants. theres been cows out there for 40 plus years . Didnt know the soil could be that much better than others

Kuhls

Kuhls

damn dude you must have that farmland soil :D or could be holy water. those look beautiful. keep doing what you're doing
The top one was taken july 2. the bottom july 16. i watered it maybe 5 times in june and july. and a few times in august.. it rained every 2-3 days all summer seems like

Snapchat 803039884
20190716 094116
Archie

Archie

What kind of nutrients do you add. Seems like mines growing good but could be better im sure. Ive never put anything but water on it
Actually, I didn’t use anything accept water until they were about 2 months old. Since then, aside from what they get from the rain, I’ve watered them twice with a 2-2-2 NPK ratio diluted to 1-1-1. It isn’t much, I know, but it’s working...

teejacks

teejacks

Yeah its all great farm land. its surrounded by by a big creek and soybean fields my gpa plants. theres been cows out there for 40 plus years . Didnt know the soil could be that much better than others
Years and years of cows shitting and grass dying adding layers and organic nutrients. Goes to show that these plants really don't need that much if they're set in the right soil. The soil underneath my raised garden beds is really sandy and rocky but I added many dry amendments to compensate for the lack of organic matter

Archie

Archie

Years and years of cows shitting and grass dying adding layers and organic nutrients. Goes to show that these plants really don't need that much if they're set in the right soil. The soil underneath my raised garden beds is really sandy and rocky but I added many dry amendments to compensate for the lack of organic matter
Goes to show that these plants really don't need that much if they're set in the right soil.
Truth!

Archie

Archie

UPDATE: Attached are two pics from one of my flowering plants. I’ve noticed a new growth that I hope is not a pollen sac which, if it is, this girl is a herme. There are hairs coming out of these growths, so I’m really unsure. What do you all think?

D8907CA7 B780 499A 9DAE 8FA3548AD653
93C0C118 9998 4734 86F6 4CE2C3C8FD15
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

UPDATE: Attached are two pics from one of my flowering plants. I’ve noticed a new growth that I hope is not a pollen sac which, if it is, this girl is a herme. There are hairs coming out of these growths, so I’m really unsure. What do you all think?

They are just female calyx. Youre good!

And super nice growing there. I have not tried outdoor but i do have good black dirt along a stream on part of my property.

The bugs and mold here are the challenge. And the short season. Might try some auto flowers next year. Ready nice n early before the cold and rains.

Archie

Archie

They are just female calyx. Youre good!

And super nice growing there. I have not tried outdoor but i do have good black dirt along a stream on part of my property.

The bugs and mold here are the challenge. And the short season. Might try some auto flowers next year. Ready nice n early before the cold and rains.
That’s great news...ty! The temps are really cooling down here...not even gonna hit 60 for a few days, but not much cooler at night. Plenty of rain is in the forecast, too. My new light should be here in a few days, then I’m bringing them indoors. Too much rain and I don’t get a chance to feed them during watering...suppose I could add it to the top of soil during a rain.... Anyhow, I’m more concerned about mold...not much I could do about the bugs, but they don’t seem to be a problem thus far. Got some sun and 70’s temps coming next week, and I’d like for them to bask in that natural light, but I’ve become fond of these gals and think the indoors will be best under a light, great air flow, and a dehumidifier already keeping the area at about 35%...had a frost warning up here already...don’t want to push it!

Archie

Archie

Watch out bringing pests and stuff inside. I would never bring an outside plant into my growroom.
I don’t have a grow room as of yet, but great advice! Believe it or not, I just picked up a large, non-working, stand-up freezer that I’m in the process of turning into a “grow closet,” lol. It has plenty of room for me to see these plants through to harvest. While I’m waiting on my light to arrive, I’m drilling holes for a ventilation fan as we speak, as well as a heat source should I need it. This is basically to keep it out of the rain and possible frost. I’ll take pics of my “odd” grow closet when it’s set up....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don’t have a grow room as of yet, but great advice! Believe it or not, I just picked up a large, non-working, stand-up freezer that I’m in the process of turning into a “grow closet,” lol. It has plenty of room for me to see these plants through to harvest. While I’m waiting on my light to arrive, I’m drilling holes for a ventilation fan as we speak, as well as a heat source should I need it. This is basically to keep it out of the rain and possible frost. I’ll take pics of my “odd” grow closet when it’s set up....

Very cool! You should make a thread of setting it up. Might get some ideas. Plus everyone likely wants to see a freezer conversion.

Top Bottom