**First Grow** (PUDC, Sour Power) Pt.2- Spider Farmer SE5000 Journal

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

I believe both plants are foxtailing (each under different lights) due to the stress from the nutrients maybe too much potassium while other things are locked out.

Look at this strange version of foxtail...its more apparent on the upper buds so seems to be light induced...but not the LG. Here’s the PUDC strange looking upper buds. Luckily it’s not the type that has fingers like the LG
06DB87BD BBAD 4D09 85C0 353FAC22E764

The top cola is a little fist shaped at the top, not quite but resembles a form of foxtail, strange shaped bud growth.
032DA6A9 D332 4B5C 8275 04FBB7322FE7

Here’s a lower bud on the LG. This entire plant is foxtailing...but smells so damn good.
4937A628 0774 46BE A692 EE23F1F158B9

Not sure if it’ll prolong harvest or not. If I can’t tell I’ll steal a mid height bud to quick dry and test. It’ll be a bitch drying LG since there are huge dense buds which now have foxtails that’ll throw off the uniformity of the drying. I’ll consider this all a “test run” and get in line for some respectable nutrients for the next grow. Running both lights at 50-60% power right now because the plants can’t handle anything more.

Heres another pic of PUDC which seems to be frostiest up top in direct light.
E134F1A4 7BAB 45BC 8A50 E72F6E9C1ED1

Dothraki

Dothraki

Been seeing a lot that people usually snag a “test bud” off the plant before harvest. Test bud my ass. I’ve been sitting here thinking the same thing for the past 3 nights. As soon as all the pistils started turning orange and curling up I’ve been looking for an excuse to go steal a bud off the plant to....just to “TEST”. Hahaha great excuse there. Has anyone ever really “tested” a bud then said “oh shit I better chop it now!” And harvested right away? I doubt it. Probably wouldn’t notice that much of a difference anyways.

Maybe I should test this theory out to see if pulling a “test bud” really works.

growsince79

growsince79

Been seeing a lot that people usually snag a “test bud” off the plant before harvest. Test bud my ass. I’ve been sitting here thinking the same thing for the past 3 nights. As soon as all the pistils started turning orange and curling up I’ve been looking for an excuse to go steal a bud off the plant to....just to “TEST”. Hahaha great excuse there. Has anyone ever really “tested” a bud then said “oh shit I better chop it now!” And harvested right away? I doubt it. Probably wouldn’t notice that much of a difference anyways.

Maybe I should test this theory out to see if pulling a “test bud” really works.
Only on special plants. They have to smell irresistible. Like when you have 10 plants and they all smell great; but there's that one plant that makes you nose blind to the rest. Yeah that's the one...

Dothraki

Dothraki

Only on special plants. They have to smell irresistible. Like when you have 10 plants and they all smell great; but there's that one plant that makes you nose blind to the rest. Yeah that's the one...
That’s a good philosophy to have. And if they happen to all be irresistible... well, I guess a test would be warranted for each 😁

Dothraki

Dothraki

Test smoke of Lemongrass. Not as harsh as I imagined with a 24 hour dry. Nice little buzz felt behind the eyes. But nothing negative. Not jittery or racey so it’s getting there, but definitely needs a few more days to get to peak potency. Where it is now is enjoyable but should be more complex as the trichomes ripen and potency will only climb.

Observationist

Observationist

Test smoke of Lemongrass. Not as harsh as I imagined with a 24 hour dry. Nice little buzz felt behind the eyes. But nothing negative. Not jittery or racey so it’s getting there, but definitely needs a few more days to get to peak potency. Where it is now is enjoyable but should be more complex as the trichomes ripen and potency will only climb.
Nice man!

mine are about there too, finishing up on mass and ripening getting impatient lol

growsince79

growsince79

Nice man!

mine are about there too, finishing up on mass and ripening getting impatient lol
My lsd is day 59 and almost done. Used kool bloom last 2 feeds. Idk if that helped or not but it looks awesome. Im using straight water now and the leaves are still pretty green. I'll probably go another week tops.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Getting close to harvest...I can feeeel it hahaha. I wanna chop them so bad. It’s hard to tell but I’m thinking they might be done in a few days. Trichomes are becoming more apparently cloudy and less clear. Still hard to tell. Maybe take a test bud in a few more days...for SCIENCE!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Well theres foxtails that put out new pistils about a week ago...should I wait for them to go orange? How do I know peak potency without inspecting trichomes?

heres the buds
View attachment 1219657
It takes some experience but you can just tell by the look. My first run I tried rushing it and checking every day but now I just follow a routine and will honesty push it as far as I can. Most of the time I don’t even bust out the scope. I will every now and then to confirm where I’m at but mostly just inspect daily with the naked eye.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
For example I have my lavender frosting which is basically done but I’m going to go ahead and just push it to finish the 10th week and then I’m chopping.

Top Bottom