first grow questions

• Thread starter superbudz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
superbudz420

superbudz420

Hello everyone! I have my first grow started and I thought of a few questions I can't seem to find the information on, the first is can you grow multiple strains in one tent? if you do, would it be a good idea to have two tents one for veg and one for bloom? can you do it all in one tent? should both tents be the same size or can one be smaller? any other considerations I may not be thinking of?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey super , first answer , yes you can grow various strains in one tent , or a room , you don't even need a tent in many cases , a closet or small room is fine ....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Two tents is a luxury , you can do the entire grow in one tent , first you veg or grow the plants under 18 hours of light , then after approximately a month you switch the light hours to 12 hours on / off and you will begin flower which should take approximately another 65 days

dire wolf

dire wolf

If you want two tents , you can use one to keep a constant supply of seedlings or clones on hand , and that will be your veg tent which is the one that can be shorter / smaller , as the plants will stretch about twice as tall when flowering , so height is a consideration

superbudz420

superbudz420

you know, I appreciate you. as I was reading this it all clicked in my mind and I realized my mistake. I had been questioning all day how the propagation tents worked because all the parts were so small. and now it all makes sense. and for some reason I forgot that you could keep them veging longer than needed i was more concerned about if all of them were needing to go to bloom at different times what would i do. so thank you! my medicine definitely helped.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

it would be easier to grow a single strain in the tent - though I don't take my own suggestions, I'm growing 2 different varieties in my small tent, my first indoor grow. you would want 2 similar plants in grow patterns, at least for convenience.

genetics is important - maybe first decision is whether to go auto-flowering or photoperiod variety. i would suggest photoperiod, as I think its more forgiving for beginners like me. also, my plans always included cloning, which can be awkward with auto-flowers (i heard).

start with single tent, start with clones/seeds, go through vegetative phase and start the flowering phase. at that point, think about a second grow area/tent - when you can propogate/grow vegetative batch while the first batch matures to harvest. you can then rotate the vegetative batch into flowering, and start another vegetative batch to replace...etc.

bigger tent or not, that depends on your circumstances. i started with a small tent 2' (W) x 2" (L) x 6' (H), and just getting into flowering phase. i am preparing for the next batch - taking clones now - to replace this flowering batch in about 9 weeks time. i am considering buying a larger tent - making this first tent the vegetative and the second/larger tent the flowering chamber. But i already have a T5 flourescent setup for vegetative/clones. so, you will end up expanding - but start with a single tent, as large as you can.

start small, then expand - smaller operation is easier to manage. the first grow will take the longest, then hopefully you can expand and be more efficient. start small, keep it simple.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom