First Grow Questions

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

Hey guys, fairly new to the farm here. Been doing alot of reading and planning my first grow and was looking for some input. I'm looking to start off in a 5x5x7 grow tent. I'm leaning toward 2 600 watt mh/hps. Recommendations on what brands are reliable would be awesome. I've been reading about growing for over a year but don't have any real experience so any help is appreciated. I'll be using soil. I'm thinking 4 plants, mainlined and lst. Sort for the long read just trying to be specific.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

If youre thinking that route youre gonna want cool tubes or vented hoods imo, i run 1 600 in a 4x4 and i can keep it cool venting all the hot air completely out of the room my grow is in without AC, i think id be hard pressed to cool two of them though.

incogneato

incogneato

Yea I was looking at vented hoods. I had a feeling I would have to run ac to keep the temps down, also wondering if I will need a dehumidifier? What style of growing/ plant count in your 4x4? I was looking at those first but thought the extra room in a 5x5 would be nice.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Yea id shoot for a 4x4 foot print with some soace for them to spread out if you overshoot it. I run four mainlined plants.
20160303 164249

20160302 195129

Organic soil

incogneato

incogneato

Nice looking gals you got! I appreciate your input, especially since your grow is what I was looking to do. Are those CFL's side lighting? I was also looking into adding that as well. Organic soil is my next read as I've heard it can really increase the quality if your buds.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Nice looking gals you got! I appreciate your input, especially since your grow is what I was looking to do. Are those CFL's side lighting? I was also looking into adding that as well. Organic soil is my next read as I've heard it can really increase the quality if your buds.

Theyre actually uv-b quartz glass reptile bulbs to mimic outdoor sun

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Ive done one run both ways, ill compare at the end here but i think it makes a difference keeping them on from the end of stretch onward. No need for them in veg oviously

incogneato

incogneato

Ive done one run both ways, ill compare at the end here but i think it makes a difference keeping them on from the end of stretch onward. No need for them in veg oviously
OK, thanks again for the info. Do you have any journals on here? I'm looking for a few in the same size/style of grow

B

bigger buds

Don't veg too long. I make that mistake. I have to tied down alot of branches. I started off with 10 1000 watt hps. Research/ask questions as you go, trial and error best to learn. It's a hobby.

B

bigger buds

yes sir, 10k. I didn't want to construct too many times.

incogneato

incogneato

Lol, go big or go home haha. I have more space but I'm not going to ho bigger til I get a few small grows under my belt. I'm an impulse guy but this is the most patient I've been with anything

incogneato

incogneato

Looks like I put the cart before the horse so to speak lol. Ordered some beans today. It feels good because I finally got started(first purchase) I have a goal to start up sept 1 so I need to start buying my equipment. I have to set up the dedicated electric for my grow as well... I can't wait to begin

Top Bottom