First Grow Research, Lets Talk About Water!

• Thread starter Shatterstar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shatterstar

Shatterstar

Hey!!!

So I live in WA and will be getting my Medical Marijuana Authorization form to grow legally at home. I want to do a 4 plant set up for personal use and well probably for friends too!

I am just learning about water, and have found that RO is the way to go, so I will be looking at simple RO machines that I can plug and play as needed. Any recommendations?

After you get RO water does it need to be tested further? Or is it ready to go as is? What are important factors to test in the water after its been RO filtered? Chlorine? PH? PPM? All or other factors?

Is there a multi-tester that helps manage the monitoring of all factors, some kind of digital meter that you can use to quickly test the water for all factors or do you need to buy individual meters to test each one? What is your method of testing? Thanks!

Im super stoked to get this started but I want to have all my basis covered for a successful first grow.

G gnome

G gnome

Imo hydrologic is an excellent company w great customer service
As far as meters go blue lab is my favorite. I use the blue lab combo meter. It will tell u everything u need to know abojt ur water.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First, let me say welcome to the farm. :)

I went with a super cheap RO/DI unit, it works. What you absolutely need to know is pH and EC level. Don't be led astray by TDS or ppm readings, those are all calculations made off of EC, learn to use that. You may not get a 0 EC reading from your RO unit, but IMO that's ok, just be cognizant of where you're starting.

Also, know that EC can only be an accurate measure of soluble, conductive salts. So this is better used with salt-based fertilizers rather than organic products.

Shatterstar

Shatterstar

I use the blue lab combo meter. It will tell u everything u need to know abojt ur water.

Thanks! I am checking into this meter now. Question regarding this meter, is there a way to set up alerts? Like can this be set up to constantly monitor and send alert based on set values?

First, let me say welcome to the farm. :)

What you absolutely need to know is pH and EC level. Don't be led astray by TDS or ppm readings, those are all calculations made off of EC, learn to use that.

Thank you! I am excited to break into this now legal endeavor! As far as the EC/PH any tips or good guides you know of off hand?

G gnome

G gnome

Thanks! I am checking into this meter now. Question regarding this meter, is there a way to set up alerts? Like can this be set up to constantly monitor and send alert based on set values?

Thank you! I am excited to break into this now legal endeavor! As far as the EC/PH any tips or good guides you know of off hand?

What u want fer that is a blue lab guardian

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

EC cannot accurately measure organic fertilizers, so you cannot easily rely on that for figuring out fertilizer strength. As for pH, it really depends on what method or style of growing you decide to adopt, that will dictate where you're going to want to see things.

Number one, for me, is learning how to read the plant. We have a huge repository of information on growing methods in the GrowFAQ link at the top left, that should help you decide how you want to start on this endeavor. :)

Top Bottom