First grow room - let the wild rumpus begin!

• Thread starter Swany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Looks really nice man. I don't know what that bug is but am leaning towards not a big deal. Looks kinda beetle like and other than you catching them eating your leaves, I would suspect they are a good omen.

Swany

Swany

Looking very clean and healthy, good work!
Looks really nice man. I don't know what that bug is but am leaning towards not a big deal. Looks kinda beetle like and other than you catching them eating your leaves, I would suspect they are a good omen.
Thanks guys -

I'll take a good omen ;-} I believe they are coming from one of the African Elephant mom plants. No damage and I'm killing them as soon as I see them. Gonna swap out her tub and put her in a new one.

legalontcanada

legalontcanada

Wow looks great!!!!
I would like to veg that long but my ceiling is only 5 foot eleven

Swany

Swany

That's why I want to veg longer! I put all this work into a room with lights on pullies and an 8 foot cieling and 18 gallon tubs and 2' spacing and.... I end up growing a squaty bush strain ;-} The 4 Cnx look like they will take up one whole corner of the room just fine, I just wanted the whole room to look like a jungle. Plants are healthy - I should stop complaining ;-}

Swany

Swany

Day 30 of Veg -

I think its just about time to flip. I have a number of tops on the Blue Cities and the Cnx are starting to crowd each other. I topped the large Cnx last night.

130609 the plants

130609 rest of plants

I should be able to get the pots out to another room today, then flip tonight. Some shots of the large Cnx -

130609 cnx

130609 cnx stock

And then a shot of roots on one of the diesels. The roots don't seem to be as pearly white as some pics I see. Plants are growing fine if a little short (not complaining, just describing ;-). I use a 27% H2O2 solution at 3ml per gallon every 3rd or 4th day and run the full Pure Blend regiment. Don't know what else to do. It would take way to long to go under each plant with a tooth brush and some Crest Ultra White...

130609 roots

I put some trimmings into the cloner to populate a friends room and was trying to get a picture of the whole stock on the large Cnx... forgot to delete the uploads before posting 'cause I didn't think they were fascinating pictures but oh well.

130609 clones
130609 cnx closeup
KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

My roots were always brown with the pure blend line, I don't think its a problem but iv been wrong once before ! The room looks great, keep up the good work.

Swany

Swany

Completely Random Fact -

Today would have been Maurice Sendak's 85th birthday. The book Where The Wild Things Are was written by Maurice in 1963. If you don't know the book then you probably don't know that 'Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!' is a quote from the book. Now you do ;-}

It's amazing the things you learn when you open up Google, now back to dreaming about expanding my room...

Swany

Swany

Day 1 of Bloom

I changed the light time to 12 hours mid day on Monday. One of my HPS bulbs had a crack in it and I had never even used it yet - shite! I think I did it unpacking it when I first got them. Still running one MH.

130611 the plants

130611 rest of plants

I'm using the flash on my camera, but the HPS still make it look yellow. I removed the pots I had, put them in the truck and brought them to a friends room. Out in the sunlight they looked a nice deep green.

A few more shots, one trying to show the size of the plants vs. the tubs and some of the Cnx near the back. Still not tall but there sure is a lot of each plant ;-}

130611 big Cnx stock
130611 big Cnx
130611 center isle
Swany

Swany

Thanks Shawnskush ;-}

I was suppose to go start wiring on another grow room this evening and it got postponed. Great - I can work on my room ;-} I wonder in before the lights come on and my sock gets wet when I walk around the back tubs. Nothing has been leaking for a month and now I got a puddle. When the lights came on I went to check it out and could not find any leaking fittings on my tubs... Then I noticed the film at the bottom of the walls was all wet. Took a look at the Acurite meter closest to me and it read 99% rh! It's been rainy for a few days and I've got a lot of leaves in there, plus a cold cement floor and a fan sucking in cold moist air. I'm going to pick up a dehumidifier tomorrow!

Swany

Swany

whew sweating walls definitely calls for a dehuey!

tore the house apart looking for the one my wife has and couldn't find it. On average, the female mind is far better at organizing things than my male mind. My wife can hide stuff from me just by organizing it so well that I can look right at it and not see it. By the time she got home I forgot to ask her...DoH. I wasn't even smoking...

Swany

Swany

Last night I added 35 gallons of water, balanced ph, added nutes (Pure Blend advanced mix off Botanicare's site, week one Bloom) then opened the feed valve again and added it to the tubs. Added H2O2 for good measure. This left me with about 51 gl in the res. Tonight there is 38 gl in the res. woof!

P1040835P1040836P1040837

My wife put the dehumidifier in the room today while I was at work. The one I thought we had actually belongs to her parents. The one in the room right now is about 14 inches tall - a lot of good that will do ;-} Home Depot - Here I Come!

One Flip

One Flip

Last night I added 35 gallons of water, balanced ph, added nutes (Pure Blend advanced mix off Botanicare's site, week one Bloom) then opened the feed valve again and added it to the tubs. Added H2O2 for good measure. This left me with about 51 gl in the res. Tonight there is 38 gl in the res. woof!

View attachment 320761View attachment 320762View attachment 320763

My wife put the dehumidifier in the room today while I was at work. The one I thought we had actually belongs to her parents. The one in the room right now is about 14 inches tall - a lot of good that will do ;-} Home Depot - Here I Come!
If you just flipped, those cnx's are going to be out of control! 99% Rh might be a little wee high;) Looks like your rolling now!

Swany

Swany

If you just flipped, those cnx's are going to be out of control! 99% Rh might be a little wee high;) Looks like your rolling now!
They're almost out of control now! I'm going to super crop the large one again and tie up the sides, don't know what else to do. They do have a lot of tops though ;-}

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Plants are looking good man. With your humidity that high, id be paranoid of PM starting up, its ramped around here. I would spray serenade once asap as a preventative, just incase.

Swany

Swany

Plants are looking good man. With your humidity that high, id be paranoid of PM starting up, its ramped around here. I would spray serenade once asap as a preventative, just incase.
Checked all the leaves last night. Sprayed neem the night before last. Prayed repeatedly both nights ;-}

I don't have serenade yet, but will get it tonight and do that too. I"ll need it sometime - Thanks

Swany

Swany

Day 6 of Bloom

Didn't get Serenade, didn't see it. Ended up with Nuke Em and Azimax. I'll get Serenade when I shop next. Hit 'em with the Nuke Em first and tomorrow night I'll use Azimax.

Busy Day. After working on putting the electrical in someone else room the better part of the day I got home to work on mine. Before that though, Friday night I was tying up some branches and one branch on the big Cnx broke - Ugh! It was about 1/3 of the plant. There was still a bit holding it to the main stem. I wired it back up and took some pictures, you could almost not see the crack afterward. The whole branch still looks good and I sure hope it stays that way. I didn't believe it would work....

P1040841 P1040840

Here are the plants as of an hour ago -

P1040851

P1040852

Maybe I should have switched to Bloom a little earlier ;-} The Blue City are still short, but reaching a bit more and getting real bushy. The Cnx would look good as a hedge...

Here are some shots of the stems on a couple of Blue City. Good and strong.

P1040846 P1040847

I've also noticed the tops are growing much more dense. Does this mean they are forming buds already or just building up for a final growth spurt? As I understand it they usually grow for a week or two more before bud start to form but this growth is different than prior growth.

P1040853 P1040854 P1040855 P1040856 P1040857

someday I'll remember what setting on the camera makes the color right...

Since this is my first grow I put the thread here in Grow Diaries, but i've woven in the process of building my room so sometimes I think I should have separated the thread into two parts and put the room stuff in Room Design. Too late... ;-}

I added two things to the room this afternoon. The much needed Dehuie -

P1040858 P1040859

All ready had a drain line installed so I just plumbed it into that line. I will have to rework the pvc in the future I think, put a bend on it to raise the hose connection up so when I change hoses it doesn't leak. I plugged the unit into a timer and set it to run only during the plants night otherwise it would run constantly while the exhaust fan draws in fresh air with the lights generating heat.

I also plumbed the reserve reservoir, which is kind of a double name... My wife and I are heading for the East Coast for a friends wedding, to see the folks, the cousins and a Red Sox's game. The cousins have tickets to the game so we get to go ;-} I'm going to have someone check in on the room but they won't know much about running it. Worst case the person checking will have a number for an expert to call, or they could call me. I believe 110 gallons will keep it going for 9 days. I have tracked how the ppm goes up as water goes down and think I can come close enough on a second weaker mix to add to the main res and have the nutrients close. Will air on the light side so they don't get burned. I installed a float valve on a piece of pvc and mounted it down in the main res at about 20 gallons. I hope this allows the solution to start to go up in ppm as the water is used, then it will start to receive the lighter mix from the second res and balance out. I don't have time to test it so I'll cross my fingers....

P1040848 P1040849 P1040850

At least I filled it with water in the drive way and let it sit all night to test for leakage. After installing it I filled it and will let it sit for a couple of days to see if the float valve holds. I put a second charcoal filter up top so all I have to do is open the valve and keep my eye on it when filling, no moving filters.

All right - thanks for listening. If anybody see's something that that you think would cause a hazzard for the plants or have has a better way to do this please let me know!

Top Bottom