First Grow - room setup help needed.

• Thread starter VapeIt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VapeIt

Hi, I have a nice spot to set up my first room.
I have done months of reading past posts, reading books, watching videos and finding my way into other farmers rooms.

So, now the time has come to do it - and my brain has froze up. I want to get the room up and running asap.

The space is in an open warehouse. I can have a 12' x 15' section for my garden. the floor is bare concrete and so is one wall. I can cut holes in the roof for vents and AC. The building has 220 service.

I plan on having 2 - 4x8 trays for Ebb & Flow AND an area for @ 12 potted plants. Probably 7 - 1k lights.

My first questions will involve AC and plant odor.
3 of the walls will be 2x4 with sheetrock, insulation and double sheetrock on the inside of the room. I will also have a heavy duty double door entry.

Will these 3 layers of sheetrock keep the smell out of the other areas of the warehouse? I will have exhaust fans to the outdoors and a carbon can filter. How big of a carbon can filter will I need? Any setup tips to control the odor?

The warehouse is in a coastal city that stays @70 all year - 80 is this highest it gets. Can a split AC unit take care of this room? Any idea how big I need?

Thank you for any help - and I will start posting photos as soon as I get the construction started.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

You need a 30000 btu/hr mini split. I do commercial a/c in SoCal. Need 24,000 just for lights. If you need help in person PM me.

V

VapeIt

Thanks CannabisJohn,
Don't know if PM's work for us yet though.
Less than 50 posts.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Did not know that. If u need help I am sure we can come up with a way to communicate
privately.

C

CanadianClassic

If you seal up the room air tight from inside with poly and the only air passing in or out of your room goes through carbon filters no one will smell a thing.

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

V

VapeIt

CanadianClassic,
I am building the room myself in an empty warehouse.
It will be sealed - 3 layers of sheetrock. the goal is to stop all smell and fan noise. No windows. Only one sealed entry door. I will need to go in and out of the room though and am worried about smelly air rushing out when I open the door.

The carbon filters come in many sizes, should I just get the biggest one I can find? The room is 10 x 15 and I will have 6 or 7 - 1k lights. I did not plan on venting the carbon filtered air to the outside. I think I read a sealed room thread that said just circulate the air in the room.

I think I will have intake/outake vents on the roof to pull air through the sealed lights. That keeps it a sealed room, but helps cool the lights.

Does that all sound right?

Thanks.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Vape it,
Your light cooling sounds good. The air scrubber inside the room will help with the smells, but if you want to protect more, you should have a scrubber in the room outside the garden door. Are you trying to make the room have no sound or smell right outside the door? That might be a little tougher. If so, you might want to have a small buffer room around the main room, or at least have an entry way room with a scrubber in it as well. Tough to make it completely silent though. Will there be people right outside that door, that you are trying to keep from hearing or smelling?

V

VapeIt

Trichromefan,
Yes, there will be other people in surrounding rooms.
It will be a legal medical grow, but I would rather not tempt anyone.
I may build a 4'x4' entry room and put a small scrubber in there.

I have built many pro recording studios before, so I think the 3 layer sheetrock walls will take care of fan noise. The other areas of the warehouse will have a recording studio.

I need some layout help. I want the room to be super efficient. As soon as I can get some drawings scanned, I will post the layout.

Thank you.

V

VapeIt

I had to change locations/rooms, but the new one is very similar to my initial description.

Now I have a question about AC.
The spot is in an 1,800 square foot warehouse with 2 AC units on the roof.

I am going to be using what used to be 2 offices. Each one has an AC vent in and a return air vent.
What happens to the return vent air?
Does the air go to the unit on the roof and get exchanged?
Will the roof smell like weed?
Can I block off the return vents in mt 2 rooms? There is another return vent in the lounge.

Thank you.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I had to change locations/rooms, but the new one is very similar to my initial description.

Now I have a question about AC.
The spot is in an 1,800 square foot warehouse with 2 AC units on the roof.

I am going to be using what used to be 2 offices. Each one has an AC vent in and a return air vent.
What happens to the return vent air?
Does the air go to the unit on the roof and get exchanged?
Will the roof smell like weed?
Can I block off the return vents in mt 2 rooms? There is another return vent in the lounge.

Thank you.

Return air goes back to unit to be cooled again. The unit will smell like weed. Also how big are the units? There is most likely more vents in other places. These need to be moved or blocked. Be very careful you will need more vents in ur rooms. Also the unit could be bringing air from the outside. You may also need to relocate thermostats.

V

VapeIt

I need to know how much electricity to have run to the rooms.

I have 6 - 600w Lumatek 220 ballasts.
I want to have enough power to also run 4 more 1k lights also.
With fans, pumps, lights, ect.. How much power should I have run to my rooms?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom