First Grow, Seed to Harvest

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I don't know how the hell I did it, but I made it. First time growing, Grandaddy Purp Autoflower. Seed to harvest in 79 days. I made EVERY mistake you could think of, as well as taking some risks. (Risks based on what I have read not to do). I definetly overwatered in the beggining, introduced nutrients way too early, then over fed, had lights way too close. The risk I referred to was I Topped my Autoflower on day 21. My plants were already stunted and I probably should not have risked stressing them more as Well. I started LST on day 31, SCROGed on week 4. Always had a high PH of 6.8 to 7 even though I was watering between 6 and 6.5 once I figured out my watering.
Overall (I don't have a Grow to compare too) I am very pleased with my results. I wanted short busy plants due to space constraints and had to get it done quick before moving to our new home. I harvested 2 days ago and wet trimmed one (in picture on black table) whole plant and hung them and the other plants to dry for a wet trim.
I owe everyone on this site that gave me input on all my annoying ass questions. But I don't think I would have made it past week 3 without you guys. Pictures will show how stunted and wilted my plants were for about 4 weeks.
If anyone is bored and wants to read my grow journal, I'll attach it below. Any good or bad feedback would be appreciated as I have 5 seeds of gelato and 5 of Bruce Banner waiting to be started next week.
Planted In FoxFarm Soil - 8/6/2021

First feeding 8/21/2021
PH - 6.25
Foxfire "Big Bloom"- 2 teaspoons
Foxfire "Grow Big" - 2 teaspoonsLn

8/22/2021 - Turned both Bloom and Veg switch on and am running lights 24 hours

8/25/2021 - Second watering light feeding
PH - 6.45
Diluted previous mix by Simply adding water to my container from 8/21/2021 to bring it back to a gallon of water.

8/27/2021 - Transplanted into 5 gallon mesh bags. Added 1 teaspoon of Cal Mal to 1 gallon of water and watered lightly. NOTICED FIRST WHITE PISTELS

8/29/2031 - First full feeding with
Foxfire "Big Bloom"- 2 teaspoons
Foxfire "Grow Big" - 2 tablespoons
1 tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses
P.H. - 6.0

8/30/2021 - Topped all 5 plants and switched lights from 24 Hours to 18/6

9/3/2021 - 2 gallons of water at 6.5 PH.
1 teaspoon of CalMag,
2 teaspoon "Big Bloom"
2 teaspoon "Grow Big"

DAY 31 - 9/4/2021 - Did some trimming and L.ST., with zipties

9/7/2021 - Watered with 3 gallons of water. Added 2 cap full of of Molasses, 2 caps of "Big Bloom", 2 caps of "Grow Big" (first gallon had nutrients at 6.0PH and then other 2 gallons were at 7.0PH)

9/13/2021 - watered with 2 gallons at 6.5 PH
2 caps falls of Mollasses
2 caps of Cal Mag
2 caps of Tiger Bloom "Buds & Blooms".

9/16/2021 - 4 gallons Watered and Got PH down to 6.5 on all the plants
2 caps mollases
1 cap cal mag
2 caps of Tiger Bloom "Buds and Blooms"
1 cap "Big Bloom"
2 caps "Grow Big"
I have been cutting off some Big fan leaves along the way, LST and SRCOG Currently have around 60 bud sites

9/19/2021 - *GOT NEW HYDRO MAX LS2000 And am running it at 100% 24" above canopy

9/22/2021 - Soil is reading right around 6.7 to 6.9PH. Watered with 4 gallons of water at 6.0 PH.
5 cap full of Tiger Bloom "Buds and Blooms"
5 caps of Fox Farm "Big Bloom"
3 caps of Black Strap Mollases

9/24/2021 - ADDED 2 TEASPOONS OF GARLIC WITH SPRAY BOTTLE FOR POSSIBLE APHIDS OR MITES (SOMETHING EATING LEAVES)

9/28/2021 - 3 gallons 6.0 PH
5 Caps Big Bloom
5 Caps Buds and Blooms
3 Caps Mollasses
*PH ON ALL PLANTS SOIL IS 6.8 TO 7

10/4/2021 - (HEAVY WATERING AND EXTRA NUTES BECAUSE WE LEFT FOR 7 DAY HONEYMOON)
5 gallons OF Water 6.2 PH
10 Caps Big Bloom
10 Caps Buds and Blooms
5 Caps Mollasses
4 caps Cal Mag

10/11/2021 - 3 gallons 6.1 PH
JUST WATER
10% cloudy trichomes
DAY 57

10/13/2021 - 3 gallons 6.15 PH JUST WATER

10/17/2021 - 3 gallons 6.05 PH
JUST WATER
Average soil PH is 6.8
Canopy Temp 82.2°
Running Mars Hydro TSL 2000 at 100% and Bloomspect 1200 Watt Bloom Switch only

10/20/2021 - TURNED LIGHTS OFF FOR 2 DAYS. Will check back Friday October 22,2021

10/21/2021 - Lights are still out
Temps at 70°
Humidity is at 50%

10/23/2021 - HARVEST on day 78

First grow seed to harvest
First grow seed to harvest 2
First grow seed to harvest 3
First grow seed to harvest 4
First grow seed to harvest 5
First grow seed to harvest 6
First grow seed to harvest 7
First grow seed to harvest 8
First grow seed to harvest 9
First grow seed to harvest 10
First grow seed to harvest 11
First grow seed to harvest 12
First grow seed to harvest 13
First grow seed to harvest 14
First grow seed to harvest 15
First grow seed to harvest 16
First grow seed to harvest 17
First grow seed to harvest 18
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I got 9 ounces of bud and around 6 ounces of trim. I would say of that 6 ounces, 1 ounce was probably useless fan leaves and stems BUT I ended up with some KILLER cannabutter. The Buds smell SUPER dank. A little dry on the outside because u name the mistake of leaving my intake fan on full blast. Smokes amazing. Killer high.
As far as the smell of the grow, it STUNK but my exhaust setup tool care of it perfectly. The tent itself stunk bad but you couldn't tell outside of our room.
Here's a video I just took of my final results and personal stash

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

For your next aphid or gnat problem sten or root problem spray 75% rubbing alcohol watered down to 15% thats 1 to 5 parts, itll kill any bug on the plant plus watering will kill the living bugs in the soil add 1 part peroxyde to kill eggs

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

GREAT INFO!! I took the garlic idea from my horticulture knowledge as a landscaper of 25 years. I have alot of clients that live on lakes, rivers or the ocean that won't allow chemicals in their property and over the years gathered organic knowledge in my own

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

thanks. first one ever and to date I think my best one yet. I have been doing all the same everything with my 3 other grows I've done since amd not getting that big of Buds. I don't know if it was beginners luck, a good strain to grow, or if the bigger pots made a difference.

strider26554

strider26554

thanks. first one ever and to date I think my best one yet. I have been doing all the same everything with my 3 other grows I've done since amd not getting that big of Buds. I don't know if it was beginners luck, a good strain to grow, or if the bigger pots made a difference.
for any strain that isnt auto flower or VERY determinate size i ALWAYS us at least a 5 gal pot or bag, if you want the big colas that a really healthy plant can produce you have to optimize conditions above and below the soil, I grow an old school indica strain that easily produces colas over the 2 ounce range, and while you can achieve decent results in any pot, the larger the pot the more resources the plant has to exploit. those trace minerals and nutrients can only come into play if the plant has a large enough root system to keep those nutes moving up the stem. everything plays a role but one thing ive learned over the years, Happy roots= Happy plant

strider26554

strider26554

for any strain that isnt auto flower or VERY determinate size i ALWAYS us at least a 5 gal pot or bag, if you want the big colas that a really healthy plant can produce you have to optimize conditions above and below the soil, I grow an old school indica strain that easily produces colas over the 2 ounce range, and while you can achieve decent results in any pot, the larger the pot the more resources the plant has to exploit. those trace minerals and nutrients can only come into play if the plant has a large enough root system to keep those nutes moving up the stem. everything plays a role but one thing ive learned over the years, Happy roots= Happy plant
BTW AWESOME first grow, you may be natural or maybe you got lucky, the important thing is you know for a fact you can achieve the results you are looking for.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

and I was wondering about potsize. the first grow I grew in 5 gallon pots and has to date been my biggest yield. however I finally got everything dialed in right after months and months of up and down. I'm finally doing photoperiods and loving it

Top Bottom